• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Hold on

for how long?

I give up.

Don't give up. Just learn to be patient. A conversation has it's own life and you need to give it a little time to find it's way.

Aren't those the lyrics to a Wilson-Phillips song?

They've should be if they aren't already.

Naw, just showing Swick that he doesn't need to be a spazz. ( :baiting: ) People read posts and then process them. They don't always reply immediately.

That might be the most hippie thing I've seen you post since I've been here though.

I give up.

Don't give up. Just learn to be patient. A conversation has it's own life and you need to give it a little time to find it's way.

Aren't those the lyrics to a Wilson-Phillips song?

They've should be if they aren't already.

Naw, just showing Swick that he doesn't need to be a spazz. ( :baiting: ) People read posts and then process them. They don't always reply immediately.

That might be the most hippie thing I've seen you post since I've been here though.

p54xj.jpg

I agree completely with Swick on the principle of the matter of being lied to and letting the community know. Hes clearly not nominating him for anything and it is more of any FYI.

On the flip side, if this had been posted by anyone else I could totally see him posting "The deal was never agreed upon so why is this even an issue?" (shrug)

lol

So, I'm assuming SOT was approached about this incident to get his side before it was brought up here and his Private Messages posted.

What did he say? What was his side of the story?

Wait after all the torches and the witch hunt.

I have a side to this. :insane:

I was not approached about this issue till some of my friends pointed this out.

I saved the PM with me and Harvey for a rainy day after the tar and feathers are done being poured on me.

Edited by SPECTRE_nWo

So, I'm assuming SOT was approached about this incident to get his side before it was brought up here and his Private Messages posted.

I saved the PM with me and Harvey for a rainy day after the tar and feathers are done being poured on me.

Didn't Swick post a link to the discussion in this thread, in your thread, at the same time he posted here?

I know Chris really wanted a copy (he just told me at Boston Comic Con) so I asked him if he'd like me to throw out an offer. I figured I had a seller and a potential buyer. I've provided links to books several times for friends if I see them.

Now this makes sense. You threw out an offer on Chris's (Junkdrawer) behalf because I had him on ignore.

So the book wasn't for you what so ever and even though common sense must have kicked in saying hmmmmm maybe John doesn't want to deal with Chris you did it anyway. Awesome Justin. (thumbs u

I know Chris really wanted a copy (he just told me at Boston Comic Con) so I asked him if he'd like me to throw out an offer. I figured I had a seller and a potential buyer. I've provided links to books several times for friends if I see them.

Now this makes sense. You threw out an offer on Chris's (Junkdrawer) behalf because I had him on ignore.

So the book wasn't for you what so ever and even though common sense must have kicked in saying hmmmmm maybe John doesn't want to deal with Chris you did it anyway. Awesome Justin. (thumbs u

Sure. I threw out an offer...of money. :o

I would have paid. You would have delivered the book to me. Good luck being the victim. :foryou:

But didn't you take Chris off of ignore and PM him and then offer him the book after he said he'd pay up to $2500 for a copy? Not the actions of someone who doesn't want to deal with someone, right?

It seems "John doesn't want to deal with Chris" doesn't mean what you think it means. lol

Didn't Swick post a link to the discussion in this thread, in your thread, at the same time he posted here?

2vrsv40.gif

And he PMed me:

Justin if you are going to go and tell other boardies about our private PM at least tell them what I actually sold the book for and not what it was offered you at.

But didn't you take Chris off of ignore and PM him and then offer him the book after he said he'd pay up to $2500 for a copy? Not the actions of someone who doesn't want to deal with someone, right?

It seems "John doesn't want to deal with Chris" doesn't mean what you think it means. lol

Yup I took him off ignore cause I put him on ignore well over a year ago I figured well he posted in my sales thread I will see if I can work something out.

I was wrong.

My point is you guys are quick to judge even when it was now obvious the book wasn't even for Harvey.

I see two boardies working together which is fine.

Edited by SPECTRE_nWo

Here is the entire transaction:

2qklaww.jpg

f9p7xk.jpg

I was "buying" the book for Junkdrawer. I've wanted a Harbinger #1 9.8 for awhile. He had JUST stated to me "Bat 12 is the only book in the thread I don't consider absolute junk."

He reduced the price of the BA12 by $300. I just figured I'd ASK if he would throw in a Harbinger #1 for $375 fee free as he considered them absolute junk. If he said no, no harm, no foul and I'd just :takeit: the BA12 for Chris.

That's when the BA12 was "sold". I didn't have a chance to accept it. Draw the conclusions that you will. I think the guy is all over the place and is so full of mess, he should have Roto-Rooter on speed dial.

Okay....so has anybody thought that perhaps somebody buys the BA #12 from John via a phone and text conversation amongst other books. John finds out that JD is really looking for a BA #12, and then asks what JD might wanna pay, so John can text said buyer and ask if they'd like to make a quick dollar, without any effort?

So by John actually trying to do a solid for JunkDrawer, he's vilified as a DBag. Hardly seems fair, but sometimes that's how the forum rolls.

Jim

To all,

John reached out to me and asked me to address this thread. I purchased the BA #12 (News Stand edition), along with many other books from John's thread. I have purchased many times from John over the years but as I do not frequent the boards quite as often as I used to, John gave me a call with a listing of his newest arrivals. Shortly after we agreed on the deal, John called me back to say he might have a buyer who would pay a significant premium and would I be interested in splitting any profit above and beyond what I'd just paid. I said sure, I will take a listen but if I don't hear back I will assume you did not cement a deal. As I never heard back, I mailed a check and the books are on the way to me.

Best to all,

Greg