• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Sellers place a series of differing prices goes on the target and buyers simply have to "hit" one.

PT-MovingTarget.gif

We can make a game out of it.

FUN!

Here's my problem with this: Your proposed targets are too clear. I think it should be a Magic Eye moving target.

200_s.gif

Stare at this correctly, and it's a dolphin. But imagine if it were a target. And moving. And had prices listed.

It's a SCHOONER!!!

Why not ask the guy that threw out the :takeit: ?

Excellent question. In fact, I did wind up locating another copy through my original supplier (a good buddy of mine on these very boards) and let MedicAR know his book was available if he wanted it.

His reply? "No thanks."

Here's another one. :facepalm:

What the hell is going on in the sales forum these days? :boo:

I agree, though I know it wasn't anything but an honest mistake. How would you propose he make him "whole" when he doesn't have another copy of the book?

Logan, thanks for the note - I do want to again restate my position that I didn't intentionally break board rules or try to take advantage of anybody, though I do admit negligence. Though I understand it's frustrating when board rules are broken, I was caught off guard when both Harvey and MedicAR were so quick to jump down my throat in the thread itself as well as here.

It's nice to know that there are a few boardies who can see through the debris of my mistake and identify it as such (which was very kind of them), but I am sad to see where I stand with some others, especially when myself and a friend were able to come up with a simple and effective resolution after some back and forth.

If I've upset anyone, I apologize again. :shrug:

Maybe it was just on top of everything else that I feel like I've been seeing lately.

I just don't get what's happening lately, but things seem much worse than a few years ago. There are seemingly more and more people that couldn't care less about their reputation or any semblance of community. They're all about #1 and making a few bucks.

Then again, I remember the cool books discussion a few years back so maybe it's been going on longer than I can remember (or know).

And I don't sell things often so when I do, I know where I have something listed for sale. It doesn't seem difficult to track so I guess I just didn't understand how it happened. But MedicAR apparently didn't care, so why should I?

Maybe it was just on top of everything else that I feel like I've been seeing lately.

I just don't get what's happening lately, but things seem much worse than a few years ago. There are seemingly more and more people that couldn't care less about their reputation or any semblance of community. They're all about #1 and making a few bucks.

Then again, I remember the cool books discussion a few years back so maybe it's been going on longer than I can remember (or know).

And I don't sell things often so when I do, I know where I have something listed for sale. It doesn't seem difficult to track so I guess I just didn't understand how it happened. But MedicAR apparently didn't care, so why should I?

I've often wondered the same thing hm

:baiting:

I fully understand your point but I believe we are often too distracted nowadays. Not an excuse, but inversely it should serve us as a lesson (I know I try to be careful as you but could have happened).

re: Jimbo_707 -Ugh - so guess we got dumped into this giant mess. That's a shame, very tough to focus on the issue at hand mixed into a zillion other conversations.

And now there's another excuse for him to not discuss why he reneged on a deal.