• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Wait, wait...if it is not required, how can it add someone to the probation list? Can we add people to the list just because we don't like the way they look? Or the books they collect? I thought they had to violate a rule to be added... hm

I hear you look tall :o

No, I'm more like Billy Barty... :D

I thing i read a post that you dont fit into a car easy :baiting:

Wait, wait...if it is not required, how can it add someone to the probation list? Can we add people to the list just because we don't like the way they look? Or the books they collect? I thought they had to violate a rule to be added... hm

Don't get all crazy on us now. It's required. We should all know the norms of buying and selling around here by now written or not.

The only observable reason given for not selling so far has been that he didn't like that Cav was surprised that free shipping wasn't included. Is this something that anyone else would cancel a sale for?

Dan

The only observable reason given for not selling so far has been that he didn't like that Cav was surprised that free shipping wasn't included. Is this something that anyone else would cancel a sale for?

Dan

Especially after the buyer said no worries I'll pay the $15...

Dan

I think he also said he priced the book wrong was a mix up hm

To be clear, I DID pay the $15 in shipping, even though he stated he would cover the shipping. Also, I think pretty clearly I've shown this isn't about the money to me. It was never an issue in the transaction, it never came up until one his posts yesterday. There was zero debate, the price was asked, I agreed. He confirmed acceptance, he provided his address via PM as further confirmation of the deal. I sent a check.

To be clear, I DID pay the $15 in shipping, even though he stated he would cover the shipping. Also, I think pretty clearly I've shown this isn't about the money to me. It was never an issue in the transaction, it never came up until one his posts yesterday. There was zero debate, the price was asked, I agreed. He confirmed acceptance, he provided his address via PM as further confirmation of the deal. I sent a check.

I think we all know your right Cav but he said he mix up the price his wrong. Is the book woth an X $100 bucks (shrug) I think that should get the deal to go thru unless book has been resold :facepalm:

The deal was clear! (thumbs u

Dan

Dan

Yes but clear dont get you the book :taptaptap:

I think we all know your right Cav but he said he mix up the price his wrong. Is the book woth an X $100 bucks (shrug) I think that should get the deal to go thru unless book has been resold :facepalm:

Pardon?

Dan

Yes but clear dont get you the book :taptaptap:

No, but it does get Jimbo a permanent spot on the Probation List. So he can decide whether 1 or 2 hundred is worth not being able to effectively buy or sell another book on this forum.

And for what it's worth. A mistake of a decimal point is one thing; a "mistake" of a couple hundred dollars (which really wasn't a mistake if you look at gpa) is another. It's amazing to me that this hasn't been resolved yet. And I'm sure he has already done significant damage to his reputation. The question is does he want to go full on destruction of that reputation.

Pardon?

Hard to txt on my phone with little hint words than doing posts.

I said he told use he got mixed up with 2 books and had the wrong price on the one he sold ComCav so i thought xtra $100 bucks should make the deal go unless he did resell.

Although I understand that you are just trying to get the deal done, Harold, I think it would be a poor precedent to set if we start allowing sellers to hold books "hostage" for more money after they have been sold.

There is a principle involved here that goes FAR beyond $$$$.

IMO

Is the difference in price $100?

looks like price is the problem in this case.

I know but did the seller want just $100 or is that not the right amount?

No just my thought to see if that would push the deal thru

Although I understand that you are just trying to get the deal done, Harold, I think it would be a poor precedent to set if we start allowing sellers to hold books "hostage" for more money after they have been sold.

There is a principle involved here that goes FAR beyond $$$$.

IMO

I know your right Hudson. Lets get me a copy of Action 2 and 7 :takeit: