• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Hado - I don't doubt I paid a good price. But if you look at the thread (oh right it got merged into this mess, well a WAYS back then!) I donated $300 to charity to completely null the issue. This is not about the money.
I remember that. It was really nice of you. I debated on reposting it myself. Something else I have noticed is, You buy a ton of books here. Many i'll take it in the thread posts. You don't seem to purchase just the good deal books. You buy what you like. I hope you get the book. :wishluck:

Sqeggs - I had numerous offers for a prompt flip of this book. I expect one of those same offers went to Jimbo_707 as well. Upon being asked the question, jimbo_707 never denied the accusation. He also did not confirm, but has sidestepped the issue every step of the way by offering red herrings and trying to make an issue of this shipping thing that was never an issue, he offered to pay for shipping.

When I posted yesterday, I had basically decided that I would move forward with the transaction, and I will. I wanted a little more time before publicly eating crow. I received an envelope from William today, and I assume that it contains his check.

The way William's message about shipping was worded didn't sit right with me, and it's what made me feel I was free to back out of the deal, which I've never done before. I felt like he had continued trying to negotiate after we had a deal, and I'm not used to people doing that. Like someone said, I should have replied, "Look at the terms. I'm good with cancelling. You?"

I understand that others will refuse to buy from me now. (This is my fifth sale on the boards in about as many years.)

:golfclap:

.... now that's the jimbo 707 that I know :headbang: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Sqeggs - I had numerous offers for a prompt flip of this book. I expect one of those same offers went to Jimbo_707 as well. Upon being asked the question, jimbo_707 never denied the accusation. He also did not confirm, but has sidestepped the issue every step of the way by offering red herrings and trying to make an issue of this shipping thing that was never an issue, he offered to pay for shipping.

When I posted yesterday, I had basically decided that I would move forward with the transaction, and I will. I wanted a little more time before publicly eating crow. I received an envelope from William today, and I assume that it contains his check.

The way William's message about shipping was worded didn't sit right with me, and it's what made me feel I was free to back out of the deal, which I've never done before. I felt like he had continued trying to negotiate after we had a deal, and I'm not used to people doing that. Like someone said, I should have replied, "Look at the terms. I'm good with cancelling. You?"

I understand that others will refuse to buy from me now. (This is my fifth sale on the boards in about as many years.)

Thank you, I was pretty sure this would be the outcome.

jimbo_707 - I look forward to receipt and I'll publicly confirm so. You'll note the check pays for $15 of shipping, not actually sure what method to ship would cost that much, but any additional funds please do keep with my compliments.

I'm assuming you don't ship comics much?

I'm in the midwest - I ship all slabs double-boxed USPS priority. It ends up being a 2 lbs box which'll cost me a little over $12 if it's going to one of the coasts - with insurance it's easily gets to $15.

:whee:

Knock it off in here before I lock in my satellite death ray on you.

I'll send the creeping terror over...

she's already here and I can't get rid of her.

run to the dance hall..i'll send the Milpitas to the rescue

woowoo - BWAHAHAHA now that would funny! However, perfectly within my rights! No sir, as virtually everyone here will attest, to date, I am nothing but a black hole.

William.

You are a great buyer and a nice guy to do business with. Thanks for your custom in the past, and I'm very happy you got the book. I particularly love that issue, but sadly don't own a copy.

If you are not going to crack it, let me know and I will send you complete interior scans so you can read it in its entirety.

Happy New Year.

paul.

Yep. All we need is just a little patience.

Glad it's working out. I too thought this is the way it was going to turn out.

Yep. All we need is just a little patience.

Glad it's working out. I too thought this is the way it was going to turn out.

I think patience only works in a situation like this when the party who caused the disturbance is put...