• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Oh, flipping doesn't bother me at all. I can't do it because I want to keep everything I buy or re-sell it for less money, so I would go broke in no time. More power to those that do it and make a living on it or obtain money to further their own collection. I just didn't like the fact he wasn't disclosing it and was kind of a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed about it in the thread and arrogant toward the original seller. Of course, that is only my perception of what I read and may not have been the intent at all.

:roflmao:

Sales thread from now on must include:

Where you bought the book

How much you paid

What line you used to get the book from the old lady

How many times it was pressed

how many times it was subbed to cgc

Maybe "My Heritage" can create a tree of a comics travel.

I am sure Ben was talking about a basic sense of honesty.

Under ordinary circumstances I don’t care from where a book comes either, but here it was obvious that there was some important information witheld by the seller.

Do not underestimate honesty even in the slightest things.

I feel stupid. Like really dumb.

K...this is how I THOUGHT the world work. (This is assuming the dealer has already gotten the notice and pics of what the book's grade is and buyer is aware of it)

Buyer : I would like to purchase that book. How much is it?

Seller : This book is (example) $500. I will sell you this book for $500

Buyer : Ok I will buy that book for $500. How long will it take to ship?

Seller : I will get it to you when I have received the book back from being graded.

Buyer : Ok. (Buyer agree's, knowing it will take awhile)

Meanwhile, book is crazy hot and prices on eBay (or in whomever's basement prices are determined. I always imagine some round table with pretentious nerds sitting at it, ordering pizza and drinking Dr. Pepper and playing some sort of role playing game, and arguing some petty moot point that no one else would ever care about.) go up.

Seller receives book, immediately submits to buyer and transaction done.

Moral of the story. Whatever price is agreed on, that is a contract and a deal is struck. Unless the buyer stipulates that if there is a flux in price and he demands the right to charge more when the book is in hand, then the price is whatever the buyer pays.

How stupid am I?

Edited by MetalPSI

If one is pre-selling, then declare it.

If you don't actually own the book, then don't try to sell it.

You mean I can't go to a dealers site, hit the BIN on a bunch of books, put them up FS here and pay after they sell? Damn.

Personally, I think you should always have the book in hand before selling.

+1

-slym

+2

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8222164&gonew=1#UNREAD

But I can't even wait 24 hrs to start my sales thread :ohnoez:

has someone notified Arch to ban him?

:jokealert:

I will state again - I feel that way because I know something can happen between being shipped from CGC to the seller's house. I know I'd hate to both be a buyer and have to deal with replacing the copy or getting a refund and be the seller, for the same reasons.

Yes, I know something can happen in shipping between buyer & seller, but that's a different story.

-slym

I think if someone is selling a book that you are interested I would assume you would do your own due diligence before buying.

If you want the book real bad but the seller tells you it's on the way from comic connect pay me when I ship it out, what's wrong with that? No one is holding a gun to your head to buy it!

Wow people get so worked up for such small things lol

Hi All,

I don't want to make a big deal over this, but I do want to make sure that I am following the :rulez:.

Concerning a member called Venom:

I participated in the last VCC as a seller. On November 8, a Boardie, Venom, claimed a run of books that I had for sale. I asked him for his address, so that I could calculate shipping. He responded with his address and I invoiced him. He responded back on the 13th asking me to invoice him by email; which I did that same day. Since then I haven't heard a word from him and I have repeatedly tried to contact him through PM and the email address he sent me.

It has been a month since he claimed the books. Am I free now to offer them up for sale again without violating any rules here?

I think if someone is selling a book that you are interested I would assume you would do your own due diligence before buying.

If you want the book real bad but the seller tells you it's on the way from comic connect pay me when I ship it out, what's wrong with that? No one is holding a gun to your head to buy it!

1z64nb.gif

Hi All,

I don't want to make a big deal over this, but I do want to make sure that I am following the :rulez:.

Concerning a member called Venom:

I participated in the last VCC as a seller. On November 8, a Boardie, Venom, claimed a run of books that I had for sale. I asked him for his address, so that I could calculate shipping. He responded with his address and I invoiced him. He responded back on the 13th asking me to invoice him by email; which I did that same day. Since then I haven't heard a word from him and I have repeatedly tried to contact him through PM and the email address he sent me.

It has been a month since he claimed the books. Am I free now to offer them up for sale again without violating any rules here?

Unfortunately, Venom has a habit of disappearing for lengths of time. He's a really good guy, but this isn't the first time he's done this. Nominate him for the Probation List in the Probation Discussion and then move on. (thumbs u

Does anyone have the contact info for:

sslim66

Thecactusish

John2814

Numerous PM's over the last 3 weeks have not been read so hoping for an email.

Thanks

Sslim66 was in the probie news a few months ago -http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8068268

So, the seller doesn't have to do his own "due diligence" in telling a prospective buyer the same thing?

-slym

Does anyone have the contact info for:

sslim66

Thecactusish

John2814

Numerous PM's over the last 3 weeks have not been read so hoping for an email.

Thanks

Sslim66 was in the probie news a few months ago -http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8068268

Thanks for that update, I didn't see it get resolved.

Hopefully someone will have an email for these guys too.

So, the seller doesn't have to do his own "due diligence" in telling a prospective buyer the same thing?

-slym

Someone viewing the thread isn't considered a prospective buyer.

Any one who had serious inquiries about the book got serious responses.

Ricky