• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

My personal favorite is the sales technique beat-down "I'm a huge fan, it's for my permanent collection" then when the deal is struck, "Just ship it straight to Comiclink."

I kind of like the buy books from boardie, receive books and then proceed to complain about the grading and beat them down for a partial refund. Then sell books at higher grade and a premium.

Wasn't that GIJOEISAWESOME, and that tactic led to his ultimate demise?

No. His ultimate demise was not being 18

It's too bad, he could've replaced capfreak as the future of the hobby :(

capfreak.jpg

I was at the dinner.

Two people should put a takeit in his sales thread for the same book, and than argue about who deserves the book, only to both let the other go ahead with the deal putting the book in transaction limbo.

Thats the only decent thing to do.

My personal favorite is the sales technique beat-down "I'm a huge fan, it's for my permanent collection" then when the deal is struck, "Just ship it straight to Comiclink."

I kind of like the buy books from boardie, receive books and then proceed to complain about the grading and beat them down for a partial refund. Then sell books at higher grade and a premium.

Wasn't that GIJOEISAWESOME, and that tactic led to his ultimate demise?

No. His ultimate demise was not being 18

It's too bad, he could've replaced capfreak as the future of the hobby :(

capfreak.jpg

I was at the dinner.

I think Oakman said he didn't even have money to pay. You take care of the bill for him? :baiting:

Yea I seem to remember hearing that too. That he ordered all the expensive items on the menu and then had no money when the bill came. Am I remembering that wrong?

I don't think so, but Oakman can chime in if he notices this thread.

Yea I seem to remember hearing that too. That he ordered all the expensive items on the menu and then had no money when the bill came. Am I remembering that wrong?
Nope....and I don't remember Oakman ever being at this dinner.

The dinner was set up by Rey Reyes and the the price for the dinner was a set price.

The main problem is a bunch of fools who said that they would show up didn't but the restaurant charged Rey for the stated number of guests.

Borock essentially covered the approx $800 deficiency himself.

In retrospect, the biggest tool at this dinner was comicsgrinder. He deserved everything that happened to him.

Ask thehumantorch about this guy.

When Dave thinks you're a turd, you're a huge turd.

xoxo

greggy

Sorry for the misinformation Greggy. :sorry: Guess I just made it up :(
:whee:

I've lived more board drama than most.

I did think that kid was a turd as well.

Yeah but he was a dink before then.

That was one charity thingie that I refused to participate in because I knew that he was a dink.

greggy's never wrong about dinkness

Yeah but he was a dink before then.

That was one charity thingie that I refused to participate in because I knew that he was a dink.

greggy's never wrong about dinkness

Suck it, dink.

:troll:

Hey guys,

I'm looking to do a (for me) large transaction with another board member, and am a bit hesitant to send off that much money without first getting some references. Understandable right?

Is this the place to ask to people to post references, vouching for the seller, in an effort to make this somewhat public to the community so there is no tom-foolery?

I'm trying to be as ambiguous as possible till I know where to post just to respect the other parties involved.

Let me know.