• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Oh, flipping doesn't bother me at all. I can't do it because I want to keep everything I buy or re-sell it for less money, so I would go broke in no time. More power to those that do it and make a living on it or obtain money to further their own collection. I just didn't like the fact he wasn't disclosing it and was kind of a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed about it in the thread and arrogant toward the original seller. Of course, that is only my perception of what I read and may not have been the intent at all.

:roflmao:

Sales thread from now on must include:

Where you bought the book

How much you paid

What line you used to get the book from the old lady

How many times it was pressed

how many times it was subbed to cgc

Maybe "My Heritage" can create a tree of a comics travel.

Cool, so your ok buying a book then finding out that it might not be delivered for two months. Gotcha! (thumbs u

Oh, flipping doesn't bother me at all. I can't do it because I want to keep everything I buy or re-sell it for less money, so I would go broke in no time. More power to those that do it and make a living on it or obtain money to further their own collection. I just didn't like the fact he wasn't disclosing it and was kind of a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed about it in the thread and arrogant toward the original seller. Of course, that is only my perception of what I read and may not have been the intent at all.

:roflmao:

Sales thread from now on must include:

Where you bought the book

How much you paid

What line you used to get the book from the old lady

How many times it was pressed

how many times it was subbed to cgc

Maybe "My Heritage" can create a tree of a comics travel.

Cool, so your ok buying a book then finding out that it might not be delivered for two months. Gotcha! (thumbs u

For the most part wouldn't care if it was a book I wanted to own.

You like to beat the horse a few more times? Gotcha! (thumbs u

Actually, I thought I was discussing it with Buzzetta. Sorry to have made you read my post and wasted those 4 seconds. You may be ok with it, but a lot of boardies may have been surprised to find out they may not have received their book for quite a while.

Actually, I thought I was discussing it with Buzzetta. Sorry to have made you read my post and wasted those 4 seconds. You may be ok with it, but a lot of boardies may have been surprised to find out they may not have received their book for quite a while.

And that was hashed out almost a week ago...boardies do it all the time. Some list it that its a "pre-sale" others don't

I don't like the practice but Board sellers are always selling CGC books before they are in hand. That is why we 'never' see pics in sales threads anymore. Personally, I think you should always have the book in hand before selling.

Edited by bomber-bob

I also believe that you should have the books in hand before you sell. One of these days someone is going to claim they are coming back from CGC and then are lost in the mail after someone throws up a :takeit: sign.

Then the board is left with the following question:

Were the books actually lost and does the seller get to cancel the sale or must they replace the book forcing the seller to be then out the book as well as the fees to purchase a replacement?

Were the books actually lost and does the seller get to cancel the sale or must they replace the book forcing the seller to be then out the book as well as the fees to purchase a replacement?

Up to the seller to get replacement or make the buyer happy...a risk you have when you presell.

I'm gonna piggyback on Buzz. I've got a couple copies of Nova #1 sitting here. Lets say I slow boat them into CGC and get told they are 9.8's and they are on their way back to me so I throw them up for sale at the current GPA price of $700. Buzz throws up the :takeit: and pays. As it is on its way back to me, Marvel announces a Nova stand alone movie and the book blows up overnight. It jumps from $700 to $1400. Now if a "shipping accident" prevented Buzz from getting the book, wouldn't people think I'm just trying to sell it higher on ebay or something.

I'm gonna piggyback on Buzz. I've got a couple copies of Nova #1 sitting here. Lets say I slow boat them into CGC and get told they are 9.8's and they are on their way back to me so I throw them up for sale at the current GPA price of $700. Buzz throws up the :takeit: and pays. As it is on its way back to me, Marvel announces a Nova stand alone movie and the book blows up overnight. It jumps from $700 to $1400. Now if a "shipping accident" prevented Buzz from getting the book, wouldn't people think I'm just trying to sell it higher on ebay or something.

Its the exact same as if I sell you a book and you don't pay and then a month later the book tanks and you want off the list, many have suggested you owe the difference (Sold for $1000, but you don't pay a month later the book is only worth $800).

Its the exact same as if I sell you a book and you don't pay and then a month later the book tanks and you want off the list, many have suggested you owe the difference (Sold for $1000, but you don't pay a month later the book is only worth $800).

I don't sell books, so my opinion may be moot, but I'd say in that situation you'd owe the buyer a book that was agreed upon and paid for.

Yes and generally I'm the one suggesting that (well me and Comix4fun lol) The difference is it's clear that you didn't pay where as in my situation there is no way to prove that I never received the package. I'm personally not a fan of pre selling but if you're gonna presell then it should clearly state that it is a presale.

I don't sell books, so my opinion may be moot, but I'd say in that situation you'd owe the buyer a book that was agreed upon and paid for.

Exactly and it goes back to whom you do business with. If you bought from some of the regulars I am sure many would bite the bullet and make it right. If you do business with the fly by nighters...I wouldn't count on it.

Yes and generally I'm the one suggesting that (well me and Comix4fun lol) The difference is it's clear that you didn't pay where as in my situation there is no way to prove that I never received the package. I'm personally not a fan of pre selling but if you're gonna presell then it should clearly state that it is a presale.

Doesn't matter whether or not you got the book you sold me. You sold me book X you owe me an equal to or better than book X. If you presell and get burnt by your supplier, mail, human error well make it right.

I also believe that you should have the books in hand before you sell. One of these days someone is going to claim they are coming back from CGC and then are lost in the mail after someone throws up a :takeit: sign.

If I do post a "pre-sale" I do not take the money until I've confirmed with the buyer that they want the book after they've seen the scan.

That being said I have a few buyers who pay before the book arrives but we've established that type of business already