• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I'm looking to do a (for me) large transaction with another board member, and am a bit hesitant to send off that much money without first getting some references. Understandable right?

Is this the place to ask to people to post references, vouching for the seller, in an effort to make this somewhat public to the community so there is no tom-foolery?

I'm trying to be as ambiguous as possible till I know where to post just to respect the other parties involved.

Let me know.

Well, you could post it here, as there's a fair amount of traffic that checks this thread, or you could create your own thread in Comics General. That's where the most traffic is. 2c

Hey guys,

I'm looking to do a (for me) large transaction with another board member, and am a bit hesitant to send off that much money without first getting some references. Understandable right?

Is this the place to ask to people to post references, vouching for the seller, in an effort to make this somewhat public to the community so there is no tom-foolery?

I'm trying to be as ambiguous as possible till I know where to post just to respect the other parties involved.

Let me know.

Well, you could post it here, as there's a fair amount of traffic that checks this thread, or you could create your own thread in Comics General. That's where the most traffic is. 2c

:wishluck:

Hey guys,

Let me know.

25 mins left

Hey guys,

Let me know.

25 mins left

I laughed at this harder than I should have.

:D

-slym

Hey guys,

Let me know.

Thanks I just did that.

I would assume canceling a CC order leads to a perm ban? I've never had an issue with HA or CL with paying so I wouldn't know. I wouldn't think it is like eBay where you get a strike and move on. Especially on a $16,000 piece.

Could ciorac nominate RickyBobby for the PL? :devil:

One Boardie won an auction for another Boardie's book and didn't pay. (shrug)

I would think so. I thought it applied to off board transactions as well as long as both boardies are members. If he was trying to drop ship on the boards and it ended up costing the other member a sale, the he deserves the nomination.

Could ciorac nominate RickyBobby for the PL? :devil:

One Boardie won an auction for another Boardie's book and didn't pay. (shrug)

I would think so. I thought it applied to off board transactions as well as long as both boardies are members. If he was trying to drop ship on the boards and it ended up costing the other member a sale, the he deserves the nomination.

If not, CC could they are members.

this needs to be cleared up.

if Ricky did indeed fall through on the CC purchase, it's a move. If it was CC that cancelled on account of their auction issues, then the witch hunt needs to be called off.

personally I find it odd that the book is put on sale, thread closed when the cat is out of the bag, then reopened only to finally be closed again.

It would make sense based on Bills comments that several other books were canceled as well that it was a CC error, especially in light of the fact that Wednesday got moved to Monday. But why would they cancel some auctions but not all/restart all auctions.