• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

My personal favorite is the sales technique beat-down "I'm a huge fan, it's for my permanent collection" then when the deal is struck, "Just ship it straight to Comiclink."

I kind of like the buy books from boardie, receive books and then proceed to complain about the grading and beat them down for a partial refund. Then sell books at higher grade and a premium.

My personal favorite is the sales technique beat-down "I'm a huge fan, it's for my permanent collection" then when the deal is struck, "Just ship it straight to Comiclink."

Why is this not a direct route to the Probation List, or even HoS? I know I'd be one PO'd mamma-jamma if someone did this to me. I might even take a Probation nomination for it and refuse the sale. (Lucky for me no one wants my drekkie comics here.)

;)

-slym

Why is this not a direct route to the Probation List, or even HoS? I know I'd be one PO'd mamma-jamma if someone did this to me. I might even take a Probation nomination for it and refuse the sale.

OK, I know I am quotng myself here, BUT - serious question: if a buyer were to tell their seller "I'm a huge fan, it's for my permanent collection" and then proceeded to tell the seller after the deal was done something like "Just ship it straight to Comiclink" and the seller refused the sale, would anyone actually take up a nomination for either the Probation List or HoS? Essentially, the buyer would be lying since it isn't for his collection, they only used that to bargain for a better price.

I am truly curious. Myself, I think it's obvious - I wouldn't want the seller to be nominated, even for the probabtion list.

What do you all think?

-slym (it's Friday!!!)

I kind of like the buy books from boardie, receive books and then proceed to complain about the grading and beat them down for a partial refund. Then sell books at higher grade and a premium.

Wasn't that GIJOEISAWESOME, and that tactic led to his ultimate demise?

No. His ultimate demise was not being 18

It's too bad, he could've replaced capfreak as the future of the hobby :(

It's too bad, he could've replaced capfreak as the future of the hobby :(

capfreak.jpg

Talk about "shooting yourself in the foot!"

Just think, he might have a job over at that other place that shall remain nameless.

:o

-slym

He had an opportunity in this hobby, that most of us never will in any way, shape, or form. But that's ancient board history. That hair cut still makes me cry. :cry: