• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

And I have to say until you've actually run into some of these scenarios in a sales thread the details may not even be on your radar.

And I have to say until you've actually run into some of these scenarios in a sales thread the details may not even be on your radar.

I seem to remember one that hit you, unfortunately. :foryou: That malefactor is now on my ignore list.

There can always be some odd ball things that comes up that people weren't expecting. But you can still cover the common issues that come up all the time in your rules.

I would recommend to any seller that they simply leave themselves an out.

No sale is final until I declare a ^^

I have final say on all sales

This constant trying to paint sellers (and buyers) into a corner is just bizarre. Is there really any reason to try and mandate integrity and respect? If a buyer decides they no longer wish to buy from me or I change my mind on a purchase then I ask the other party involved. It's respect. If they choose to enforce it then I follow through which is integrity.

Someone who backs out or someone who forces a sale ends up on my private list.

Only the probation list. Not the HOS. ;)

There can always be some odd ball things that comes up that people weren't expecting. But you can still cover the common issues that come up all the time in your rules.

Or simply deal with them as they arise. (shrug)

:facepalm:

That's what creates all the drama, which would be nice to avoid.

Nice for whom? I enjoy it.

Painting someone into a corner and then rallying the pitchforks doesn't create drama?

Seems simpler to me to try and eliminate as many issues as possible up front and not have to deal with them at all.

Painting someone into a corner and then rallying the pitchforks doesn't create drama?

How is upfront communication and establishing expectations painting someone into a corner?

So, isn't that your choice when you have a sales thread? I don't recall ever having an issue and rarely list any rules. Rules won't stop the drama. Look at the crowd.

How is upfront communication and establishing expectations painting someone into a corner?

Really?

The 1st :takeit: in thread gets the book.

Buddy calls me on the phone and happens to mention the book.

Oops, it sold on the boards. Painted into a corner with the :takeit:

I avoid such situations personally. The boards and this thread love exact rules so they can hold someone to it. The multitude of control freaks here is so entertaining.

Really?

I avoid such situations personally. The boards and this thread love exact rules so they can hold someone to it. The multitude of control freaks here is so entertaining.

Your policy can be whatever you want. Maybe buyers would like to avoid wasting their time in situations where the seller can just say "Never mind, I'm talking this other 'I'll take it' even though we've agreed to a deal" or "Naw, changed my mind". There's nothing wrong with knowing that up front. It could even be considered common courtesy, not control freaks getting their way.

The boards and this thread love exact rules so they can hold someone to it. The multitude of control freaks here is so entertaining.

The level of entitlement that some have is also quite entertaining

Really?

Right, no one's forcing any particular policy down any seller's throat.

However, if a seller agrees to a deal...then it's a deal, regardless of what comes after it.

It's not board rules holding him to that, it's his own actions in agreeing to the deal. No gun to their head forcing the deal to be sealed.

If there's a corner being painted I believe you'll find the brush in the seller's hand in that situation.

However, if a seller agrees to a deal...then it's a deal, regardless of what comes after it.

It's not board rules holding him to that, it's his own actions in agreeing to the deal. No gun to their head forcing the deal to be sealed.

If there's a corner being painted I believe you'll find the brush in the seller's hand in that situation.

Too many rules, man. Rules are for squares.

Basically, Branget just wants to be able to sell to whoever, whenever, even if a deal has been struck with someone else.

If you have a problem with that, man, well, that's just like, your opinion, man.

Basically, Branget just wants to be able to sell to whoever, whenever, even if a deal has been struck with someone else.

If you have a problem with that, man, well, that's just like, your opinion, man.

You career at Coles notes is merely a pipe dream.

^^

They just have to abide by the deals they make, regardless of where they are made and in what format.

If they've got an intentionally or negligently worded policy I have no problem interpreting that policy to the buyer's advantage just to avoid incentivizing seller's to muddy the waters of commerce and swing the balance their way unfairly.

You career at Coles notes is merely a pipe dream.

I'll take my chances. Wait. You're not going to hump the button on that post, too, are you?