• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

This reminds me of the old shipping game people used to play on eBay to get around the eBay fees "buy it now is $0.99, but shipping and handling is $15,000"

lol

Shipping's $5.....it's the "Handling" that gets you.

Not to mention that when he was asked about the fees, he said it is just easier to round it up to 5% Easier for who? Is rounding it up to 3% any harder?

It is if you learned to count by 5's;) Take off 10% then divide by 2...I was very good at that in 2nd grade;) or was it 1st hm

10% is even easier. He should have just rounded it up to that. That way when he sold one of his dollar books he would know they owed him a new shiny dime! :D

10% is even easier. He should have just rounded it up to that. That way when he sold one of his dollar books he would know they owed him a new shiny dime! :D

Hell...just make it $50 for using paypal...if you spend enough with him you're getting a SWEET DEAL!!

Don't think I didn't think of that;)

I just posted a bunch of reminder's about returns. While I was doing it, I almost posted it to a 2 year old thread someone just bumped...it's obviously time for me to stop and for someone else's turn;)

I just posted a bunch of reminder's about returns. While I was doing it, I almost posted it to a 2 year old thread someone just bumped...it's obviously time for me to stop and for someone else's turn;)

I took a turn earlier in the week. I stopped when I started feeling annoying. :D

I took a turn earlier in the week. I stopped when I started feeling annoying. :D

I saw miraclemet did a few, too...we should each be just a little annoying;) Where is ........anyway ?, he's great at annoying;);)

I saw miraclemet did a few, too...we should each be just a little annoying;) Where is ........anyway ?, he's great at annoying;);)

So many names just flooded into those eight dots :ohnoez:

Well, I had my first pulled thread. lol

A return policy must be stated with any time limits indicated. It is acceptable to say "No time limit" and/or "No returns" and/or have time limits that vary by reason for return e.g. "30 day return for any reason. No time limit returns for "not as described'". But time limits must be stated.

I figured stating "Returns possible if not satisfied" would be enough. I guess not. :facepalm:

A return policy must be stated with any time limits indicated. It is acceptable to say "No time limit" and/or "No returns" and/or have time limits that vary by reason for return e.g. "30 day return for any reason. No time limit returns for "not as described'". But time limits must be stated.

I figured stating "Returns possible if not satisfied" would be enough. I guess not. :facepalm:

Unicorns are "possible" too, Roy..

Where are my fargin' Unicorns?!?! :mad:

Time limit specification is the critical bit, for your own protection. Otherwise, nonsense can ensue on down the line...

Now if you had just written "returns IMPOSSIBLE if not satisfied" that would have worked...you just left out the "Im"';)

If I was to purchase said unicorn, how long do I have to return it? :ohnoez:

If I was to purchase said unicorn, how long do I have to return it? :ohnoez:

I guess it depends on what sort of wishes said unicorn grants? (shrug)

How about if one put something like.."returns at my discretion and or approval"?

Or return policy up to me,depending how I feel at the time,about you or life in general?

How about "Returns are always possible but finally arbitrary"

I meant it in the affirmative but I guess it didn't sound that way.

Thank God I'm not a lawyer.

I meant it in the affirmative but I guess it didn't sound that way.

Thank God I'm not a lawyer.

Seriously speaking, I don't think anybody doubted for a second you meant it in the best sense, but I'm guessing since its a new rule, and it is proving difficult to keep compliance up to the speed of new sales threads, the Mods are in enforcement mode. Personally I would have figured you would have been last on the list given the number of sellers who are either unaware of it or ignoring it completely. 2c

Actually, people in GSB are doing pretty well, I just looked at the 1st 1.5 pages and there were only three people who didn't have something.

I wish Arch would just post changes in big flashing red letters

the Mods are in enforcement mode.

It's almost comical how militant they are about some things but other things slide on by like an 800lb gorilla on a skate board.

Personally I would have figured you would have been last on the list given the number of sellers who are either unaware of it or ignoring it completely. 2c

It was probably a button humper. I have my own trolls who really get a kick out of trying to make my life difficult in order to give themselves some excitement.

The jokes on them though. The book sold before the thread was locked. :headbang: