• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I think that some people are missing the point

packaging the book is a concern

price is a concern

but the responsibility is the seller's

I don't care if shipping cost you $18.00 (with packing material,boxes etc)

then simply charge for it

charge actual shipping cost how hard is that!!!!!!!!

too me a trusted seller is one who takes as much pride in a book and show's that pride to insure the book he cared for gets to its new home in the same condition in which he cared for it.

Its called PRIDE and INTEGRITY things people should have without being taught.

the HOBBY should always come first.

most books sold on the forum are 10% - 40% off GPA or Last sale for raw books

with that paying a little extra to insure your book will arrive safely is not out of the realm of possibilities.

Be a great seller on the board use cardboard!!!!!!!!

I think that some people are missing the point

packaging the book is a concern

price is a concern

but the responsibility is the seller's

I don't care if shipping cost you $18.00 (with packing material,boxes etc)

then simply charge for it

charge actual shipping cost how hard is that!!!!!!!!

too me a trusted seller is one who takes as much pride in a book and show's that pride to insure the book he cared for gets to its new home in the same condition in which he cared for it.

Its called PRIDE and INTEGRITY things people should have without being taught.

the HOBBY should always come first.

most books sold on the forum are 10% - 40% off GPA or Last sale for raw books

with that paying a little extra to insure your book will arrive safely is not out of the realm of possibilities.

Be a great seller on the board use cardboard!!!!!!!!

so did you give the seller a chance to make it right before posting all this stuff?

Or is that kind of INTEGRITY the kind thing that one has to be taught?

To me, integrity isn't never making mistakes, its making things right and hopefully learning from them going forward.

Also congrats on being the best shipper ever. We're all so proud...

Edited by Revat

of course I did & nothing

making right on mistakes is great if your new too things but not a long time member but again some are still missing the point.

my only point here is too show why you don't send books in an envelope

please go back and look at the pictures and see what the point is before you post a snappy come back and turn this into a joke instead of the point!!!!!

I never posted anything bad about the seller and never mentioned the seller if you or anyone else found him/her great

I simply wanted to show why this was a bad idea and should have never been done by a veteran of the forum and/or the hobby

About to get on a 3 hour flight... is this worth paying for in flight wifi? :popcorn:
Do it, cheaparse....then expense it

of course I did & nothing

making right on mistakes is great if your new too things but not a long time member but again some are still missing the point.

my only point here is too show why you don't send books in an envelope

please go back and look at the pictures and see what the point is before you post a snappy come back and turn this into a joke instead of the point!!!!!

I never posted anything bad about the seller and never mentioned the seller if you or anyone else found him/her great

I simply wanted to show why this was a bad idea and should have never been done by a veteran of the forum and/or the hobby

When I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I thought for sure that this person would have made it right once you contacted them about the damage. But since they did not respond, and you are probably owed a partial or full refund for the damages, I would recommend the probation list to get that done. To me, that's a way bigger transgression then mailing in an envelope (which is quite common, and generally quite effective, though I don't think I'd do it for a single $100 comic).

I appreciate the response your point was very valid and I take things personally sometimes but that is on me.

I love the hobby and its value to all and I in no way wanted to put down anyone I only wanted to bring light to show what not to do.

simple and plain

John

most who know me will tell you that the hobby means everything to me and I hate when any book is damaged no matter how small or large it could and should be avoided.(human or mutant mistake)

not only that but Polaris is real upset her face and arm got badly damaged...lol

trying to deal with the work that is now in front of me.

I got a ASM #121 9.6 cgc in the mail that was cracked in 4 places

I paid $25 for shipping came in an envelope with cardboard around it and bubble wrap but all 4 corners were cracked

I resubmitted it myself for reslab and picked it up

that is a horror story

what was the kicker in the picture of the book it was sitting on a priority box

Edited by DJ_Diablo

While looking for the seller, I ran across the OPs TOS Batman sales thread. That was very enlightening and I updated my personal list.

About to get on a 3 hour flight... is this worth paying for in flight wifi? :popcorn:
Do it, cheaparse....then expense it

doh! Totally forgot about that! Also personal lists updated. Gotta love the drama. O and greggy bring back your squir l avatar. I miss it.