• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Actually, people in GSB are doing pretty well, I just looked at the 1st 1.5 pages and there were only three people who didn't have something.

I wish Arch would just post changes in big flashing red letters

To be fair Sha, if the Modern flippers stopped for 10 seconds to read Arch's rules change, they could get stuck with their flipping "gold" being worth nothing.

the Mods are in enforcement mode.

It's almost comical how militant they are about some things but other things slide on by like an 800lb gorilla on a skate board.

Personally I would have figured you would have been last on the list given the number of sellers who are either unaware of it or ignoring it completely. 2c

It was probably a button humper. I have my own trolls who really get a kick out of trying to make my life difficult in order to give themselves some excitement.

The jokes on them though. The book sold before the thread was locked. :headbang:

Next time I will just make a thread in CG about your failures as a seller here, hippie.

the Mods are in enforcement mode.

It's almost comical how militant they are about some things but other things slide on by like an 800lb gorilla on a skate board.

Personally I would have figured you would have been last on the list given the number of sellers who are either unaware of it or ignoring it completely. 2c

It was probably a button humper. I have my own trolls who really get a kick out of trying to make my life difficult in order to give themselves some excitement.

The jokes on them though. The book sold before the thread was locked. :headbang:

It was poofed. No points. (tsk)

So threads are getting yanked for no return policy, yet this remains.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8767976#Post8767976

Took them a minute......but

oqph3.jpg

So threads are getting yanked for no return policy, yet this remains.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8767976#Post8767976

I think people were spending time savoring it

Quick question:

If the seller's return policy is "NO Return", what's keeping the buyer from going to paypal and file a dispute? Can sellers use the "No Return" disclaimer as a tool to fight off disputes?

Thanks

Quick question:

If the seller's return policy is "NO Return", what's keeping the buyer from going to paypal and file a dispute? Can sellers use the "No Return" disclaimer as a tool to fight off disputes?

Thanks

Nope on both.

"No returns" doesn't cover any seller if they deliver something materially different than promised or don't deliver at all, etc.

can we make a rule where the pictures have to be posted IN the sales threads? No links?

can we make a rule where the pictures have to be posted IN the sales threads? No links?

Until we can get rid of super-selective/deceptive GPA quoting I fear the "pics instead of links" movement may suffer.

What is with all the sellers putting and shipping comic books in envelopes

not everyone but a lot of sellers

This is absolute and you should hit yourself in your self adhesive mouth!!!!

I have received the last 4 comic books I have purchased in envelopes

Most seller's charge $10.00/$15.00 to ship and that is a lot and they can ship it in a box and send it from CA. to FL. for less or right at $15.00 and protect it and respect it the way it should be.

The pictures are from my last straw with cheap, needing to go to school and learn the proper way to ship a comic sellers

1st & 2nd photos are the envelope itself

3rd photo is what the comic was protected with 2 comic boards and bubble wrap

4th photo is the comic itself

We as the responsible sellers should set the example

I am new to the forum but I never have had shipping standards this way

this should not be tolerated anymore!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for looking and reading, DJ DIABLO

closing look at my Kudo's find a buyer of one of my book ask them how I ship then you will get the right start.

156742.jpg.bcbfc94a28bdd3fa8818bee0a8019a4e.jpg

156743.jpg.165a1755a6702a39068f5bc2826b2854.jpg

156744.jpg.f36989f97b14e1645a8b327c14798b48.jpg

156745.jpg.2860d827135b56a9b265c0b4f6aee098.jpg

That is horrible, especially given the prices of some of these books. I had a buyer tell me the other day that his box was crushed and he had a moment of scare. Luckily I double boxed his order and his books was saved. USPS can't be trusted with safe delivery and better precaution should be taken when packaging.

What is with all the sellers putting and shipping comic books in envelopes

not everyone but a lot of sellers

This is absolute and you should hit yourself in your self adhesive mouth!!!!

I have received the last 4 comic books I have purchased in envelopes

Most seller's charge $10.00/$15.00 to ship and that is a lot and they can ship it in a box and send it from CA. to FL. for less or right at $15.00 and protect it and respect it the way it should be.

The pictures are from my last straw with cheap, needing to go to school and learn the proper way to ship a comic sellers

1st & 2nd photos are the envelope itself

3rd photo is what the comic was protected with 2 comic boards and bubble wrap

4th photo is the comic itself

We as the responsible sellers should set the example

I am new to the forum but I never have had shipping standards this way

this should not be tolerated anymore!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for looking and reading, DJ DIABLO

closing look at my Kudo's find a buyer of one of my book ask them how I ship then you will get the right start.

If that's the one you bought on the boards, it's not hard to figure out the seller.

I won't mention the seller but as long as he's been a member he should know better.

I'm not saying ship like me (over-kill) but a box should be the norm

especially when shipping graded slabbed books; reslab fee's aren't cheap

I've sent some lowish $ books in envelopes, and they get there fine (we're talking books that were like $20). The problem with that packing is he didnt use good thick cardboard (with alternating corrugation patterns so they all don't bend the same way) to sandwich the book safely.