• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

can we make a rule where the pictures have to be posted IN the sales threads? No links?

they can do it all they want. I wont be clicking on it.

there's actually a rule saying you can't have links to outside sites for the purpose of your sales thread. I assumed its not so your autolinked to some kind of virus or objectionable (or illegal) content, so that CGC keeps their liability low. But for some reason they don't enforce it. If you can copy the link, why not put it in the in the right way so we can see the pic in the post in the thread?

(and yes I know some have mentioned it lets the page load slower, or they want to get everything on one page). But whats so bad about using multiple posts or pages? Its actually easier for the user to scroll through IMO. If books and prices are good, people will go to a SECOND OR THIRD POST or page to see them.

Yes I know some methods are easier for the seller, but I guess I would wonder why a seller wouldn't want to make it as EASY AS POSSIBLE for the buyer. I don't think Dale Roberts turns off ANY buyers with his style of sale, but I will say that sellers posting 100+ books per post, or sellers posting without grades or sellers posting with pic links turn off plenty of buyers. OF course, its up to the seller, I don't know how valuable their time is. But why risk turning any potential customer away for very little more effort?

Edited by Revat

can we make a rule where the pictures have to be posted IN the sales threads? No links?

they can do it all they want. I wont be clicking on it.

there's actually a rule saying you can't have links to outside sites for the purpose of your sales thread. I assumed its not so your autolinked to some kind of virus or objectionable (or illegal) content, so that CGC keeps their liability low. But for some reason they don't enforce it. If you can copy the link, why not put it in the in the right way so we can see the pic in the post in the thread?

(and yes I know some have mentioned it lets the page load slower, or they want to get everything on one page). But whats so bad about using multiple posts or pages? Its actually easier for the user to scroll through IMO. If books and prices are good, people will go to a SECOND OR THIRD POST or page to see them.

Yes I know some methods are easier for the seller, but I guess I would wonder why a seller wouldn't want to make it as EASY AS POSSIBLE for the buyer. I don't think Dale Roberts turns off ANY buyers with his style of sale, but I will say that sellers posting 100+ books per post, or sellers posting without grades or sellers posting with pic links turn off plenty of buyers. OF course, its up to the seller, I don't know how valuable their time is. But why risk turning any potential customer away for very little more effort?

Actually the rule is no links to outside sales...as in...linking to your website that has it's own for sale page, and shopping cart, and the transaction closes there.

It's not intended to stop people from showing someone pictures on flicker or photobucket. It's intended to have items for sale on other venues also for sale here simultaneously.

It's also to prevent cross-pollination between the "Ebay, Dealers" section and the "forum only" sales section.

It's been commonly assumed that the rule means no links to pictures, but it really means no links to outside sales sites.

What is with all the sellers putting and shipping comic books in envelopes

not everyone but a lot of sellers

This is absolute and you should hit yourself in your self adhesive mouth!!!!

I have received the last 4 comic books I have purchased in envelopes

Most seller's charge $10.00/$15.00 to ship and that is a lot and they can ship it in a box and send it from CA. to FL. for less or right at $15.00 and protect it and respect it the way it should be.

The pictures are from my last straw with cheap, needing to go to school and learn the proper way to ship a comic sellers

1st & 2nd photos are the envelope itself

3rd photo is what the comic was protected with 2 comic boards and bubble wrap

4th photo is the comic itself

We as the responsible sellers should set the example

I am new to the forum but I never have had shipping standards this way

this should not be tolerated anymore!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for looking and reading, DJ DIABLO

closing look at my Kudo's find a buyer of one of my book ask them how I ship then you will get the right start.

If that's the one you bought on the boards, it's not hard to figure out the seller.

X-men 50? At $100 bucks I would not have been happy either but I would have sent the seller a pm.

I know one of those wasn't from me....I think you got box within a box on my shipment. :banana:

I've sent some lowish $ books in envelopes, and they get there fine (we're talking books that were like $20). The problem with that packing is he didnt use good thick cardboard (with alternating corrugation patterns so they all don't bend the same way) to sandwich the book safely.

+1

Whether the seller used an envelope or a box is irrelevant. It was poorly packed. Sticking that book in a box improperly would not have been any better.

What is with all the sellers putting and shipping comic books in envelopes

not everyone but a lot of sellers

This is absolute and you should hit yourself in your self adhesive mouth!!!!

Most seller's charge $10.00/$15.00 to ship and that is a lot and they can ship it in a box and send it from CA. to FL. for less or right at $15.00 and protect it and respect it the way it should be.

The pictures are from my last straw with cheap, needing to go to school and learn the proper way to ship a comic sellers

1st & 2nd photos are the envelope itself

3rd photo is what the comic was protected with 2 comic boards and bubble wrap

4th photo is the comic itself

We as the responsible sellers should set the example

I am new to the forum but I never have had shipping standards this way

this should not be tolerated anymore!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for looking and reading, DJ DIABLO

closing look at my Kudo's find a buyer of one of my book ask them how I ship then you will get the right start.

Is that what you paid to ship it? I personally use a box and state so when I sell (rare). Unless it is readers. But when I purchase and shipping is less than $10 or free it seems to make sense to ask to add the charge to ship boxed.

And with all due respect, a warped board does not really mean much. Are there CB creases or some sort of damage we can't see?

I have no problem receiving a parcel in an envelope...there ARE ways to do it safely and properly...stiff cardboard on either side,book secured to said cardboard to keep it from honking about and bubble wrap around for example....but to really see great packaging...see DrX....best ever. :sumo:

this is a comic book I received

look at the last photo and tell me if its damaged

answer heck yeah I'll have too press it too get it too look normal again

the packaging your seeing is how it arrived today in the mail

I agree. It's also a simple (or not so simple) matter of respect.

I've sent some lowish $ books in envelopes, and they get there fine (we're talking books that were like $20). The problem with that packing is he didnt use good thick cardboard (with alternating corrugation patterns so they all don't bend the same way) to sandwich the book safely.

+1

Whether the seller used an envelope or a box is irrelevant. It was poorly packed. Sticking that book in a box improperly would not have been any better.

Good point. However, putting it in an envelope removed whatever margin of error there was to be gained by boxing the book.

Boxing books properly defends the shipment in ways that a properly packaged envelope cannot.

The seller only (in the listing) was charging $6 shipping for priority.

That tells me Envelope.

Now he could have done a good job, but if I wanted a box, and bought in a $6 shipping thread, I would have asked for an upgrade to a box.

Did you ask him for a box?

(still he could have done a better job with his envelope shipping)

The seller only (in the listing) was charging $6 shipping for priority.

That tells me Envelope.

Now he could have done a good job, but if I wanted a box, and bought in a $6 shipping thread, I would have asked for an upgrade to a box.

Did you ask him for a box?

(still he could have done a better job with his envelope shipping)

I ship in a box for $6, priority mail.

I often ship comics in flat rate priority envelopes. However, when doing so, I assure you that the envelope package is as damage resistant (if not more so) than a box...it is literally unbendable (the solution involves using sheets of rigid wallboard rather than sheets of cardboard to build the sandwich that slides into the envelope). So, envelopes aren't the problem, per se. As mentioned before, you can pack a box or envelope poorly...you can also pack a box or envelope very securely.