• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Someone better send Skybound the memo

Well they aren't selling em here but there is someone selling sealed ones...

They aren't? Skybound employees promoting the sales. Seems like selling to me.

Someone better send Skybound the memo

Well they aren't selling em here but there is someone selling sealed ones...

They aren't? Skybound employees promoting the sales. Seems like selling to me.

They don't have any for sale...not like others aren't promoting their sites that sell boxes as well.

About to get on a 3 hour flight... is this worth paying for in flight wifi? :popcorn:
Do it, cheaparse....then expense it

doh! Totally forgot about that! Also personal lists updated. Gotta love the drama. O and greggy bring back your squir l avatar. I miss it.

Here's a new one

nuts

Hi all -

Since I became aware of the issue with the book I shipped to John, I just wanted to give you all a quick update and a little bit of info.

First - the book got crushed, so obviously I offered a refund immediately. But what I shipped in was a extra rigid fiberboard mailer, not a plain envelope. Book was bubblewrapped but no cardboard just light boards (total error on my part on that one) but I use those mailers often for shipping 1-2 books.. they're nice and solid and this is the first one I've ever seen bent..

Regardless, damaged book = refund.

And while, of course he ordered a book he wanted and it came damaged, so I do understand him being ticked off, I just read the thread and I feel as if the buyer may have given the impression that a) I shipped it in a plain envelope and b) I ignored his complaints.

But that fact is, he sent a message at 3 PM, I opened it at around 9 PM and replied immediately. I'm not sure if that's unreasonable of me or not.

Here is the message chain for those who wish to see it.

Anyway, I feel terrible about what happened, of course offered a full refund.

If anyone choses not to purchase from me in the future that is of course their right and I'm sorry to lose you as a future buyer.

Yesterday at 03:09 PM Re: x-men #50

DJ_Diablo

I got the book today and boy the envelope you sent it in (why) was bent and crease like the letter "Y" now the comic book has suffered a serious bend in it, this is and was the fault of the sender. Everyone knows you don't ship comic books in envelopes because they have no protection. I will have to press this book multiple times for it too be right.

Thanks, Very Upset

if I could send you pics on here on would absolute BULL.......

Yesterday at 09:22 PM Re: x-men #50

fmaz

That mailer is a very solid piece... Plus bubble wrap and cardboard it was bent? Sorry to hear. First time that's ever happened.

Of course send it back and I'll issue a full refund upon receipt. Sorry that happened! When you mail it have shipping print on the envelope as I'll obviously add your shipping costs to the refund.

No need for photos. I'd allow a refund for any reason so just you being unhappy is good enough for me.

Frank

Yesterday at 10:43 PM Re: x-men #50

DJ_Diablo

please click the link

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8771974&fpart=2342

Yesterday at 10:44 PM Re: x-men #50

DJ_Diablo

scroll down to the pictures posted

seller was never mentioned just how not to ship

Yesterday at 10:56 PM Re: x-men #50

fmaz

It's pretty easy for someone to suss out who shipped it, but hey, you got a book that got crushed and you were angry so that's on me.

As I said, please return it so I know your shipping costs and I'll return both upon receipt.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Yesterday at 11:20 PM Re: x-men #50

DJ_Diablo

I replied to the end saying you offered a full refund and I also made it clear that you were not the target just how books shouldn't be shipped

this is the 4th book I have received like this and I was at the end of my road with it.

the damage to the book can and will be pressed out so no return is needed.

but please if I purchase from you again no envelopes please

you can wrap a book with bubble wrap over the cardboard then put it in a priority box not flat rate for 6.25 too most anywhere is the u.s.

@fmaz

You handled yourself in an extremely professional manner throughout that exchange. You kept your cool despite his lack of professionalism. Kudos.

I believe, and I'm sure it will be a majority viewpoint, that you cannot send valuable comics in a mailer with little protection. I've received comics shipped to me in the same mailer you use and they have incurred damage. For a book of this price, you should be using a box 100% of the time.

:roflmao: Pauly!

Btw, I rarely read this section of the forum (heck I barely read the forum anymore), but just curious, wasn't there always a return policy on every sales thread? Just curious as I've heard there is a change now? I've been mostly buying for years here and thankfully never had a problem, granted I buy from a select few.

the whole thread was not to involve you at all!!!!!!!

the point was to show how not to ship a comic book!!!!!!!!

I was trying to prove a simple point envelopes is the wrong way to go.

no matter how ridged anyone thinks an envelope is it will not last with the USPS and there shipping bad habits.

you can clearly see in the pictures that the integrity of the envelope was no match in the ring with the USPS

USPS K.O.ed it with no problem

but people attacking me or you was not the point, those people clearly missed the ball

it was too simply show that no envelope is safe from serious damage.

I apologize for the personal attack and that was not my intention it was only to bring light on shipping and shipping habits.

What if a seller puts the comic in a box, then puts that into an envelope? Would that be OK? Or still bad, because it's in an envelope?

Or, really taking this to extremes, what if a seller used an envelope but sandwiched the enclosed book between two 8" x 11" pieces of sheet metal? :insane:

(just reinforcing my point earlier that there are secure ways to pack books that involve envelopes...simply stating that "envelopes are bad" is too simplistic. The correct statement is "poorly protected envelopes are bad." Also, poorly protected boxes are bad. ;) )

Edited by edowens71

@fmaz

You handled yourself in an extremely professional manner throughout that exchange. You kept your cool despite his lack of professionalism. Kudos.

I believe, and I'm sure it will be a majority viewpoint, that you cannot send valuable comics in a mailer with little protection. I've received comics shipped to me in the same mailer you use and they have incurred damage. For a book of this price, you should be using a box 100% of the time.

Or a properly packed rigid mailer. :)

If it can be bent it will be bent. (thumbs u

hm

ULINE boxed, bubble wrapped, cardboard sandwich in a Priority padded flat rate envel...nope. lol:baiting:

ULINE rigid mailer in a cardboard sandwich.

I keep mentioning this because it is VERY effective when done properly. More money for the book. The price difference may not matter within the US but can make a big difference internationally. Learn to pack. :)

I tend to offer an option to buyers or have buyers request a box.

What if a seller puts the comic in a box, then puts that into an envelope? Would that be OK? Or still bad, because it's in an envelope?

Or, really taking this to extremes, what if a seller used an envelope but sandwiched the enclosed book between two 8" x 11" pieces of sheet metal? :insane:

(just reinforcing my point earlier that there are secure ways to pack books that involve envelopes...simply stating that "envelopes are bad" is too simplistic. The correct statement is "poorly protected envelopes are bad." Also, poorly protected boxes are bad. ;) )

Yuuuup!

the whole thread was not to involve you at all!!!!!!!

the point was to show how not to ship a comic book!!!!!!!!

I was trying to prove a simple point envelopes is the wrong way to go.

no matter how ridged anyone thinks an envelope is it will not last with the USPS and there shipping bad habits.

you can clearly see in the pictures that the integrity of the envelope was no match in the ring with the USPS

USPS K.O.ed it with no problem

but people attacking me or you was not the point, those people clearly missed the ball

I apologize for the personal attack and that was not my intention it was only to bring light on shipping and shipping habits.

Wow!

Take a step back. If that was your point then you failed miserably in proving it. (thumbs u

FYI: when you post publicly then we all have the option to be involved. :gossip:

@fmaz

Or a properly packed rigid mailer. :)

If it can be bent it will be bent. (thumbs u

^^

While looking for the seller, I ran across the OPs TOS Batman sales thread. That was very enlightening and I updated my personal list.

It was a good read, wasn't it? :banana:

It hurt my head.

I've received plenty of books from boardies in the flat rate envelope that the USPS has. They make sure to put plenty of cardboard and never had an issue.

I ship most low value books in a bubble mailer, with plenty of cardboard and have about a 99% success rate