• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I won't mention the seller but as long as he's been a member he should know better.

Now I know who the seller was but when I was trying to figure it out, the "as long as he's been a member" threw me.

October of 2013 is, like, yesterday. lol

Tell me about it. I've been here since '09 (and lurked for 2 years prior to that), and I still feel like I'm new in these parts. lol

About to get on a 3 hour flight... is this worth paying for in flight wifi? :popcorn:
Do it, cheaparse....then expense it

doh! Totally forgot about that! Also personal lists updated. Gotta love the drama. O and greggy bring back your squir l avatar. I miss it.

Here's a new one

About to get on a 3 hour flight... is this worth paying for in flight wifi? :popcorn:

doh! Totally forgot about that! Also personal lists updated. Gotta love the drama. O and greggy bring back your squir l avatar. I miss it.

Here's a new one

I missed the Scrat avatar as well. I love this one! :applause:

Here's a new one

FU manchu.

I've never understood why people announce

"personal list updated"

:shrug:

I guess someone will post that now that I said that hm

Note to self, update list

I keep a personal list of people I won't buy from,and if your shipping anything in an envelope your on it.

I won't mention the seller but as long as he's been a member he should know better.

Now I know who the seller was but when I was trying to figure it out, the "as long as he's been a member" threw me.

:roflmao: long time member?

:roflmao: long time member?

N00b!

Here's a new one

You made the WiFi purchase worth it sir!

I've never understood why people announce

"personal list updated"

:shrug:

I guess someone will post that now that I said that hm

Note to self, update list

I keep a personal list of people I won't buy from,and if your shipping anything in an envelope your on it.

Oh, I was talking about my Christmas/Hannukah card list. Need to add Hector.

Here's a new one

You made the WiFi purchase worth it sir!

:whee:

of course I did & nothing

making right on mistakes is great if your new too things but not a long time member but again some are still missing the point.

my only point here is too show why you don't send books in an envelope

please go back and look at the pictures and see what the point is before you post a snappy come back and turn this into a joke instead of the point!!!!!

I never posted anything bad about the seller and never mentioned the seller if you or anyone else found him/her great

I simply wanted to show why this was a bad idea and should have never been done by a veteran of the forum and/or the hobby

The seller clearly states he is shutting the thread down for a family vacation for a few weeks,

Maybe exercise a little patience and not jump the gun.

Generally people will work these things out via PM, you never gave him much of a chance before calling him out publicly.

I've sent some lowish $ books in envelopes, and they get there fine (we're talking books that were like $20). The problem with that packing is he didnt use good thick cardboard (with alternating corrugation patterns so they all don't bend the same way) to sandwich the book safely.

+1

Whether the seller used an envelope or a box is irrelevant. It was poorly packed. Sticking that book in a box improperly would not have been any better.

Good point. However, putting it in an envelope removed whatever margin of error there was to be gained by boxing the book.

Boxing books properly defends the shipment in ways that a properly packaged envelope cannot.

hm

Yeah, ok. doh!

seller offered full refund

but defended how he shipped the book

it was not a personal attack on the seller just the way in which comic books should not be shipped

Please teach us oh wise one. You claimed to be the best, right?

I've sent some lowish $ books in envelopes, and they get there fine (we're talking books that were like $20). The problem with that packing is he didnt use good thick cardboard (with alternating corrugation patterns so they all don't bend the same way) to sandwich the book safely.

+1

Whether the seller used an envelope or a box is irrelevant. It was poorly packed. Sticking that book in a box improperly would not have been any better.

Good point. However, putting it in an envelope removed whatever margin of error there was to be gained by boxing the book.

Boxing books properly defends the shipment in ways that a properly packaged envelope cannot.

hm

Yeah, ok. doh!

Like the time an auction house sent me a $2,000 piece of art in a rigid flat mailer...a big envelope..and fed ex snapped it in half. It was a really high quality mailer. It never had a chance. lol