• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

So, what is the general consensus on this situation? I have some Bronze slabs I want to put up, & I also have some Modern slabs to put up. Should I start one thread in each sub-forum, or just have one thread in Mixed?

I don't want to tick off the selling forum gods...

:)

*EDIT* For the record, they are BA X-men and Modern Star Wars books, if that helps.

-slym

Edited by slym2none

So, what is the general consensus on this situation? I have some Bronze slabs I want to put up, & I also have some Modern slabs to put up. Should I start one thread in each sub-forum, or just have one thread in Mixed?

I don't want to tick off the selling forum gods...

-slym

I don't think you'll get a concensus. but I'd separate it unless they all have the same theme (just different ages).

I wish they would post what they decide the eras are...I got a thread moved to mixed because it had a 1975 book in it.

I am sucking as a dealer here still (I just started using that word but selling boxes of comics is a dealer) but I would do one thread in mixed and then after a few days or whatever time period you usually run a sales thread I would break it up and list them separately in their respective era threads.

BA X-Men, Modern Star Wars. I edited my initial post to reflect this.

Thank you! Maybe I should have said "I'll go with the majority" instead of "consensus".

-slym

I would mix them together. You will get a better output.

Ive tried the other way and I think mixing works best.

I would say the exact opposite. I know that some people never even go into the Mixed Age forum.

Putting each comic into the appropriate target audience makes sure that those specifically looking for those books see them. That's just my 2c

If you want guarantees then buy graded books.

At times, that's no guarantee either

Sorry, nothing is perfect.

More rules will make it perfect

lol

I'm sure some actually believe that.

Just a few simple rules, followed to a T, what a wonderful Hundred Acre Wood this would be. :whee:

If you want guarantees then buy graded books.

At times, that's no guarantee either

Sorry, nothing is perfect.

More rules will make it perfect

lol

I'm sure some actually believe that.

Just a few simple rules, followed to a T, what a wonderful Hundred Acre Wood this would be. :whee:

Good statement. I would like to add , just a few simple rules, followed to a T, by everyone.

I'm still amazed that the majority sentiment here seemed to think certain sellers don't need to follow the rules. I think the Boards disappoint me the most when discussions turn into popularity contests. Oh well.

Thank you! Maybe I should have said "I'll go with the majority" instead of "consensus".

-slym

I would say the exact opposite. I know that some people never even go into the Mixed Age forum.

Putting each comic into the appropriate target audience makes sure that those specifically looking for those books see them. That's just my 2c

Not what I meant sorry. I meant have a Copper/Modern thread and just mix in the others.

-slym

Not what I meant sorry. I meant have a Copper/Modern thread and just mix in the others.

You mean list a BA book in the copper/modern section?

-slym

If a book is close to a crossover year I'd have no problem with that. Sometimes people pass off Copper for Bronze or visa versa.

That is actually somehow true… hm

I almost never go over to the mixed section.

-slym

If a book is close to a crossover year I'd have no problem with that. Sometimes people pass off Copper for Bronze or visa versa.

Sure happens all the time. You might list 200 Coppers and list 20 Bronze in with them. Shouldn't be an issue. Sellers been doing that for years. Anybody that has an issue with stuff like that has too much time on their hands or an axe to grind.

Edited by Fastballspecial