• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I'm not sure why an outside sales thread would cause the the strike though

Or did I miss something

right, good question......

I'm not sure why an outside sales thread would cause the the strike though

Or did I miss something

right, good question......

I guess if your promoting things you shouldn't be on the boards you will. Try your luck posting your PGX slabs for sale or bootleg dvd's and see how many times you can start a thread before they give you a strike.

Usually when I look for a dealer's pass I prefer to make the exchange mutually beneficial. Even if I get one for free I buy some stuff from the dealer's booth.

This time a made an arrangement to buy some stuff and get a pass. I saw the graded books were overpriced but since I expected to pay something for the dealer badge it wasn't a big deal.

The raw comics? Bought as VG-, NM+, NM+. Graded as .5 with coupons cut out, 9.0 and 8.5. I contacted the dealer and was offered store credit for the missed coupon cutting. I then asked about shipping/grading and was offered $25 in store credit.

So, am I being picky to just want my money? Take what I can get? I can likely sell the .5 for more than I could sell anything else I buy from the dealer assuming their grading is always like this.

Hopefully this doesn't scare off dealers from working something out for a pass. I can't say I have ever had an issue before and it is only the combination of issues that makes me complain now.

Usually when I look for a dealer's pass I prefer to make the exchange mutually beneficial. Even if I get one for free I buy some stuff from the dealer's booth.

I would think that is especially the time to buy something from that dealer (shrug)

Not required, but a nice gesture in that instance.

I would think that is especially the time to buy something from that dealer (shrug)

Not required, but a nice gesture in that instance.

I've always considered it an unwritten rule. (thumbs u

I would suck it up as lesson learned from that dealer but I also don't know the prices involved and your total loss amount

Total price $1,500. I'm probably looking at a $600 loss but was expecting maybe half that. So $300 unexpected loss?

That's a tough pill to swallow. I would think the dealer would want to do their best to keep your business especially for spending that much

I think the missing coupon books are on him. It's important to count pages and look for things like missing coupons when you're buying books. 2c

That's a tough pill to swallow. I would think the dealer would want to do their best to keep your business especially for spending that much

I think the missing coupon books are on him. It's important to count pages and look for things like missing coupons when you're buying books. 2c

So it's on me?

So it's on me?

Yes

So it's on me?

Yes

Interesting. lol

So it's on me?

He just said it's on him, dingus.

So it's on me?

He just said it's on him, dingus.

Oh come on. It was ambiguous given the quote and reply. Hence the question, contentious.

So it's on me?

Mostly yes. Only because I wouldn't expect a dealer to know every detail of the books they're selling. As a buyer ( in person ), nothing is stopping you from taking the book out and inspecting it for missing coupons, water stains etc.

So it's on me?

Mostly yes. Only because I wouldn't expect a dealer to know every detail of the books they're selling. As a buyer ( in person ), nothing is stopping you from taking the book out and inspecting it for missing coupons, water stains etc.

I redact my previous statement. you are a dingus.

I'm just saying if I bought a book and subbed it and it came back without a coupon, I wouldn't mention it to the dealer because I would feel it was mostly my fault for not paying attention.

Restoration on the other hand....