• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Since some sellers are listing their books as just shipped from Florida with no pics available (unless you want to pay an extra 10%) and no Return Policy. How will this play out with the new Newton effect ?

Without commenting on this specific 'spaghetti and meatballs' situation, in general I am seeing the Boards more and more favoring the seller. It seems like a seller can get away with virtually any selling tactic, Pre Sales, no pics, pics but no grades, everything seems to be okay. If a buyer has a bad experience he cannot leave negative feedback, only kudos are allowed. A Board buyer can be the recipient of bad packaging, bad grading, slow shipping, etc. and he has to suck it up and smile.

As mostly a Buyer, I don't like it.

Makes no sense that proper feedback can't be left.

+1 but unfortunately the several attempts to change the system have gone nowhere.

It's basically this way because the mods don't want to have to get involved policing feuds.

Since some sellers are listing their books as just shipped from Florida with no pics available (unless you want to pay an extra 10%) and no Return Policy. How will this play out with the new Newton effect ?

And FD never completes those threads by posting the pics, does he?

I ordered a book from him, paid that following morning, and had the book the day after...... no complaints here ..... fastest arrival I've ever had. :cloud9: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Without commenting on this specific 'spaghetti and meatballs' situation, in general I am seeing the Boards more and more favoring the seller. It seems like a seller can get away with virtually any selling tactic, Pre Sales, no pics, pics but no grades, everything seems to be okay. If a buyer has a bad experience he cannot leave negative feedback, only kudos are allowed. A Board buyer can be the recipient of bad packaging, bad grading, slow shipping, etc. and he has to suck it up and smile.

As mostly a Buyer, I don't like it.

Makes no sense that proper feedback can't be left.

+1 but unfortunately the several attempts to change the system have gone nowhere.

It's basically this way because the mods don't want to have to get involved policing feuds.

I think it's more that whenever the idea is raised, it gets little support on the boards. I think sellers are afraid that they may ultimately be held to eBay power seller standards.

That's not really the point, though. The idea would be just to have some way short of nominating someone to the PL to mention a seller's shortcomings--late shipping, poor packing, browbeating to receive f&f PP, or whatever.

The problem with feuds could be dealt with by my suggestion that exchanges be limited to two posts each:

Buyer: Sqeggs packing stinks!

Sqeggs: My mother loves my packing!

Buyer: Then just sell to her!

Sqeggs: hm

'If' the Kudos threads were changed to Feedback threads and an argument started within the thread why would the Mods need to intervene? Let it play out like any other argument here.

Yeah...that will go over well.

May as well make a ThunderDome thread and get it over with. I know a few members who could post there 24/7 and never leave lol

:roflmao:

..... I like things like they are...... I think it would suck if this place became more like eBay ...... I'm not trying to feel like I'm clocking in for a second job every time I have a thread..... but I certainly don't want to anger or disappoint either. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

'If' the Kudos threads were changed to Feedback threads and an argument started within the thread why would the Mods need to intervene? Let it play out like any other argument here.

Ibtl