• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I posted I'll Take it on both books, and simply put Per PM to confirm shipping charges and paypal information; however, I suppose my phone decided to not send the PM. I only later received a message from the seller saying they had never received a message, when I thought my message had sent successfully.

At least you still got the other book. (thumbs u

I posted I'll Take it on both books, and simply put Per PM to confirm shipping charges and paypal information; however, I suppose my phone decided to not send the PM. I only later received a message from the seller saying they had never received a message, when I thought my message had sent successfully.

Per PM, Rachel Rising 1 CGC 9.8 :takeit:

he doesn't want the other book :shrug:

Per PM, Rachel Rising 1 CGC 9.8 :takeit:

:cloud9: Still have it. It's not going anywhere.

So, it ends up being :facepalm:

So, it ends up being :facepalm:

^^

The problem is that it's not a 'Per PM' agreement until you get an affirmation from the seller, which you clearly did not have.

Why don't you buy the book that is still available?

If you are saying that you simply wanted to confirm shipping and Paypal information then that means you are still committed to the book, right?

Sounds like everyone had good intentions and things just went off the rail.

I don't think anyone should post an :takeit: per pm, (especially when it has NOT been responded to) if the pm contains any sort of question, verification or anything else that would imply they haven't committed to buying it.

It can lead to too much confusion and prevent other buyers that would have purchased it straight out the opportunity.

I don't think anyone should post an :takeit: per pm, (especially when it has been responded to) if the pm contains any sort of question, verification or anything else that would imply they haven't committed to buying it.

It can lead to too much confusion and prevent other buyers that would have purchased it straight out the opportunity.

No PM was sent

The problem is that it's not a 'Per PM' agreement until you get an affirmation from the seller, which you clearly did not have.

If you are saying that you simply wanted to confirm shipping and Paypal information then that means you are still committed to the book, right?

I offered him the book at less than the original price and less than the current discounted price and he still did not want the book.

I don't think anyone should post an :takeit: per pm, (especially when it has NOT been responded to) if the pm contains any sort of question, verification or anything else that would imply they haven't committed to buying it.

No PM was sent

I know, but even if he would have pressed the send button, since you never replied to him, posting the take it per pm was a bit premature and a bad practice.

love to see sellers say that they'll pay the paypal % like they're doing potential buyers a favor.

Sellers absorbing the paypal fee (since it comes off the balance transferred) is the status quo.

Making it sound like you are covering a buyer cost is somewhat misleading.

seems like a newish user not knowing the standard practices....

saying :takeit: per PM, means you've already had a PM conversation with the seller to come to terms beyond the default terms in the sellers listing (like negotiating a lower price, or alternative payment timing or methods) the culmination of that conversation is you posting the :takeit: per PM post

what you wanted to do was either

A) Just post :takeit: , or maybe :takeit: I'll PM you about payment/shipping.

or

B) If you really did want to change the terms of the sale, have the PM conversation first and then post the :takeit: per PM.

I offered him the book at less than the original price and less than the current discounted price and he still did not want the book.

I wonder why that is? Did he say?