• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I think what others are saying is the buyer posted :takeit: on both books. If it was a flat out :takeit: like you're saying the buyer implied, then that means he posted :takeit: on both books before they sold. If Hector went ahead and sold one of the books to the other buyer (which makes sense because there was no PM agreement), then you can't force the guy to buy the other book. You can't say the :takeit: didn't count on the #11, but DID count on the #12. It was either an actual :takeit: on BOTH books or it was void on both after the #11 sold to somebody else.

that's how I thought it was too, but I was too lazy to draw a flow chart to make sure.

"I will buy both of these books based on some secret terms that I made up"

"I don't know what you're talking about as we never discussed secret terms, but one of those books just sold to someone else."

"Then I guess we don't have a deal."

"Guess not"

"When do you think they'll put Season 3 of Hannibal on Amazon Prime?"

"I think you can watch it on Hulu Plus right now."

"We already have Amazon Prime and Netflix, doesn't make sense to pay for yet another streaming service. Besides I like to download the eps on Amazon Prime then watch them at the gym while I run"

"If you really want to watch it, just do the free Hulu Plus 1-month free trial then quit after that."

"Seems like a reasonable idea, if they still haven't posted it to Amazon Prime after the Game of Thrones season, I'll just get the free Hulu trial."

make it a golf analogy please

I think what others are saying is the buyer posted :takeit: on both books. If it was a flat out :takeit: like you're saying the buyer implied, then that means he posted :takeit: on both books before they sold. If Hector went ahead and sold one of the books to the other buyer (which makes sense because there was no PM agreement), then you can't force the guy to buy the other book. You can't say the :takeit: didn't count on the #11, but DID count on the #12. It was either an actual :takeit: on BOTH books or it was void on both after the #11 sold to somebody else.

that's how I thought it was too, but I was too lazy to draw a flow chart to make sure.

"I will buy both of these books based on some secret terms that I made up"

"I don't know what you're talking about as we never discussed secret terms, but one of those books just sold to someone else."

"Then I guess we don't have a deal."

"Guess not"

"When do you think they'll put Season 3 of Hannibal on Amazon Prime?"

"I think you can watch it on Hulu Plus right now."

"We already have Amazon Prime and Netflix, doesn't make sense to pay for yet another streaming service. Besides I like to download the eps on Amazon Prime then watch them at the gym while I run"

"If you really want to watch it, just do the free Hulu Plus 1-month free trial then quit after that."

"Seems like a reasonable idea, if they still haven't posted it to Amazon Prime after the Game of Thrones season, I'll just get the free Hulu trial."

make it a golf analogy please

Hannibal is to Amazon Prime as Jordan Spieth is to the British Open (I refuse to call it the 'official' name)

I was the buyer on 11 from Hector. I sent him a PM basically offering a price with shipping shortly after he posted pics. In the time that he responded the other buyer posted the I will take it per PM. I said oh well I was slow and was going to write it off that I was either too slow or my price was too low. Hector replied back that we could do the deal for our agreed price and said the other buyer did not send a PM. I respected that completely since if any of us were in the middle of a deal we would want to make sure it was followed through.

Interestingly enough I did get a Pm from the other buyer.

Phillip

I was the buyer on 11 from Hector. I sent him a PM basically offering a price with shipping shortly after he posted pics. In the time that he responded the other buyer posted the I will take it per PM. I said oh well I was slow and was going to write it off that I was either too slow or my price was too low. Hector replied back that we could do the deal for our agreed price and said the other buyer did not send a PM. I respected that completely since if any of us were in the middle of a deal we would want to make sure it was followed through.

Interestingly enough I did get a Pm from the other buyer.

Phillip

I had checked the thread then my pms, I was not aware of the takeits in the thread until I went back to post that the book had sold via PM from Phillip.

what this place reminds me of....

nuts_zps2cijvfiz.jpg

Front Row:

A---, M-------, J-----------

Back Row:

R--, S--------, H----------, G-----

Hoping I'm one :banana:

:shy: I'm actually flattered :blush:

Edited by MetalPSI

He immediately went on a lot of personal lists after that Take It per PM BS.

Now he's harassing the actual buyer?

#KeepinItClassy

The buyer didn't share what was contained in the PM. Hopefully it was a PM reading something along the lines of "nice pick-up brother!" :whistle:

lol

The guy threw out 2 I'll take its. It's irrelevant what the buyer thinks in his head about one being priced too high or low, and if I don't get one I'll just walk away from the other. They are 2 seperate and distinct in the sales thread.

There was never any conditional statement given to the seller tying the 2 transactions together.

IMO it's in bad form to not at least complete the one transaction where the book was still available.

Not to beat a dead horse but I agree. Technically the buyer committed to each book separately and then backed out.