• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

The classic board flip...where you buy a book here and then "immediately" flip it back here with a big mark-up..... :P

...and, yes...I know, I know...let me preempt the question...

Q: OK, Ed. How long would someone have to wait after buying a book on the boards before selling it back on the boards for a profit, without it offending your delicate sensibilities?

A: hm See, this is why it shouldn't bother me. There's no good answer. In the absence of a good answer, I'll just say 50 days...same as the typical gestation period of the female wolverine. :insane:

For what it's worth, it bothers me as well.

The flipping or the wolverine? hm

The classic board flip...where you buy a book here and then "immediately" flip it back here with a big mark-up..... :P

Q: OK, Ed. How long would someone have to wait after buying a book on the boards before selling it back on the boards for a profit, without it offending your delicate sensibilities?

A: hm See, this is why it shouldn't bother me. There's no good answer. In the absence of a good answer, I'll just say 50 days...same as the typical gestation period of the female wolverine. :insane:

The 50 day gestation period

what's the gestation period for pubic lice?

Buy a book at a convention, your LCS, in a collection you discovered, from a yard sale, antique store, eBay deal, etc. and flip it here...thanks! I actually appreciate that service. :foryou:

It's lame. In a perfect world, the guy who bought the flipped book saw it the first time and paid the lesser price, but the boards just aren't that neighborly.

I think it's just the nature of doing business on the boards, which are made up of a lot of collectors, and a lot of flippers. Prompting a sale should be done with the understanding that some people will probably flip them outright.

Of course it doesn't mean you have to like it, but it's the reality of selling on here... if someone can flip a book they've purchased through me, more power to them.

what's the gestation period for pubic lice?

The life span of an adult louse on a host ranges up to 30 days. During this time, the female head louse can deposit about 90 eggs. After incubating for seven to 10 days, the nits hatch and, after another 10 days, mature into adult head lice and the cycle begins again.

Sorry, thought lice are lice, but no, they are different...

Three different kinds of lice live on humans: ... Pubic lice , also called crabs, are usually found in the pubic area. But they may also be found on facial hair, on eyelashes, on eyebrows, in the armpits, on chest hair, and, rarely, on the scalp. Body lice live and lay eggs (nits) in the seams of clothing.

The incubation period is usually between five days and several weeks. The diagnosis is based on finding adult lice or eggs

If something on the boards starts to bother you, just go in the kitchen and get a hot buttered muffin..... it works for me (shrug) GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

We're not talking about actual pastries here, right? :blush:

:whistle:

Do you at least pop a tic-tac first?

So you want him to pop a tic-tac into his hot buttered muffin?

What kind of sick code are you two communicating in, huh? HUH?

I think it's just the nature of doing business on the boards, which are made up of a lot of collectors, and a lot of flippers. Prompting a sale should be done with the understanding that some people will probably flip them outright.

Of course it doesn't mean you have to like it, but it's the reality of selling on here... if someone can flip a book they've purchased through me, more power to them.

The overwhelming number of dolphins is something relatively new to this community. :preach:

The overwhelming number of dolphins is something relatively new to this community. :preach:

0DzhW.gif

0DzhW.gif

Be less like Tannerhill though.

0DzhW.gif

lol

I would have asked you that question, but if it's 50 days to make you okay with it, then 50 days it is. (thumbs u

How you feel about the drop ship flip?

Depends. Is it to a wolverine?

When someone gets a book and I want them to sell it to me, Im ok with them immediately flipping.

If it's a book that I dont have an interest in, or they are trying to flip it for more than Im willing to pay, then they are a Lilly livered flipping son of a gun born to a momma of ill repute and a daddy that werent worth a darn and they should wait at least 5 years before selling it just so it doesnt have the stink of flippage on the book.

I've reached out to buyers who beat me to a book, offered X dollars over their price if they'll let me get the book, and some have said yes. Technically that's an insta-flip (and a drop ship since the original seller just sent me the book instead), and again Im fine with it when I want a book :)

If something on the boards starts to bother you, just go in the kitchen and get a hot buttered muffin..... it works for me (shrug) GOD BLESS...

Next time I see you I'm taking you furniture shopping.

Ethan Allen, baby.

A few years ago, I sold a group of books on here when I was in a rush, I was moving and I figured I didn't need another box to track.

. I gave the person who bought them a very good price. I knew he would flip them. I thought he'd put them on eBay.

Much to my surprise, they were on here a few days later, I'm not even sure they had time for the box to be opened.

What bothered me is the person used my pictures, my description, grades and EVEN my purple text, lol.

It was all just copied.

That made the whole thing feel slimey.

I was told he agreed with all my grades. I don't even always agree with all my grades, lol.

Next time I see you I'm taking you furniture shopping.

Ethan Allen, baby.

Should I google to find out what the kitchen reference meant, or am I going to be blushing? and if so, Jimbo, I am ashamed of you!

I think;)