• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

The buyer did not contact me until I saw that he had claimed the books and I was the first to reach out to tell him.

I thought I reached out to him for a payment. But I was contacting someone else about another book, overlooking that fact that this buyer we are talking about, there was no communication for about 3 or 4 days to pay or be paid.

Hope this makes sense?

Not quite.

So you had a sales thread.

Someone posted "I'll take it" in writing, which you missed.

You did not send an invoice but you sent a new pm to the buyer 3 or 4 days later, when you finally realized he posted a that he would take the books, saying since he did not pay, you were selling them to someone else?

If this is what you are saying, it's not really making sense to me at all.

Did you realize then, that you had never contacted him? After all, you would have had to start a new pm, so you must have figured something was wrong. If so, why didn't you offer him a chance to pay once you noticed your error?

i missed the fact they were claimed. so when another person pm me directly i sold them through pm. not realizing they were claimed already.

those books are sent to another buyer and i contacted the original saying that so am sorry, being under the impression that I was in touch with him and never heard back.

all along I was contacting someone else about an un paid book.

I have contacted the original buyer and lame trying to make amends.

Please advise what else can I do?

The buyer did not contact me until I saw that he had claimed the books and I was the first to reach out to tell him.

I thought I reached out to him for a payment. But I was contacting someone else about another book, overlooking that fact that this buyer we are talking about, there was no communication for about 3 or 4 days to pay or be paid.

Hope this makes sense?

Unless you specifically state in the guidelines for YOUR sale that you require IMMEDIATE payment, 3 or 4 days to not hear from the buyer or seller is not an excuse to sell the books to someone else. Many seller will have sales threads that run for upwards of a couple of weeks before invoicing their buyers.

My request, that is still not addressed, is to see a screen capture of the PM that was sent to the wrong buyer, OR give the forum ID of the person you sent the initial mis-directed PM to, so they can vouch for you.

:facepalm:

where do these people come from?

When a mommy and daddy love each other...

and we have our comedian for the day. a round of applause folks. :golfclap:

Looks like we have someone who didn't appreciate my attempt at levity too. No offense was intended. :sorry:

Looks like we have someone who didn't appreciate my attempt at levity too. No offense was intended. :sorry:

I'm busting your chops, lighten up. lol

That just carpy selling. To not follow up and just sell the books to someone else is BS.

this, I would always give people at least ten days or so to respond and pay. people have other things that pop up and sometimes it just slips by. not always but sometimes, and they could be waiting for a paycheck .

if you run a sale and need the money in 30 seconds, you probably should not be selling comic books to make ends meet or pay bills. there's probably a bank down the street to get a loan from.

I'm busting your chops, lighten up. lol

lol No worries, my friendly banter detector is currently being re calibrated.

Here are two screen shots.

1st shot:

Screen%20Shot%202016-11-12%20at%209.40.39%20AM.png

I missed the" take it" from the initial buyer cause right below is another buyer with the :takeit: sign for Marvel Premier #47 My eye just went to the buyers sign.

Here is my PM that I sent to follow up on a book.

2nd shot:

Screen%20Shot%202016-11-12%20at%209.40.17%20AM_1.png

Later someone through PM asked me about the Captain Marvel to throw in as a deal and he paid.

Some else pointed out that those books were already taken and I was under the impression it was the buyer for Marvel Premiere #47 as you can see I am following up on a pm sent to them to pay.

That just carpy selling. To not follow up and just sell the books to someone else is BS.

this, I would always give people at least ten days or so to respond and pay. people have other things that pop up and sometimes it just slips by. not always but sometimes, and they could be waiting for a paycheck .

if you run a sale and need the money in 30 seconds, you probably should not be selling comic books to make ends meet or pay bills. there's probably a bank down the street to get a loan from.

And wouldn't you look through the thread and check to confirm who posted I'll take it to confirm who bought the book ...

And wouldn't you look through the thread and check to confirm who posted I'll take it to confirm who bought the book ...

and then quote the :takeit: and mark the item sold. its tough right. (shrug)

The PM you've shown is totally irrelevant to what I asked for.

I asked for a PM and you showed a PM that you sent on A BOOK. It's not even an invoice for the books I claimed. Where is this invoice for MY PURCHASES that was sent to the wrong person. And who is the person this invoice was sent to.

Maybe someone else here can figure out something from what you've posted, but it's seeming more and more to me that you never sent me an invoice, sold the books to someone else and made up a story about sending the invoice to the wrong person. Am I wrong about this?

Look, I'm over you selling my books to someone else. They're common books.

If you're lying to me about sending an invoice to me, or for that matter ANYONE, for the books I bought, you have no business selling on these boards.

I said I sent an email to pay by providing my email account for payment thru paypal.

Attached is a screen shot of this: but it was for another book. I didnt realize and did not see your claim to the books.

screen shot:

Screen%20Shot%202016-11-12%20at%2010.38.11%20AM.png

I never said I sent a invoice since i never got your email or the other persons for the other book.

I think this screen shot proves my point that I sent my email for payment.

I did not see your claim.

You did not put a :takeit: as my forum specifically states to do to claim the books.

You claim feel thru the cracks above some who did put a :takeit: sign and I thought I was handling the claim.

I have profusely apologized and admitted I was wrong in this situation here in forums you need to show to everyone.

If thats not enough, then I cannot help you in waht your hung up on.

I pm'd you earlier today, stating I was wrong and would like tom make up. You are keep telling me I am a liar.

Sorry I cannot make this right for you. and not your business here telling me I can or cannot sell here.

The best solution is for people to see the PM exchange between you two guys.

I see a seller admitting fault and coming clean about missing a claim and I see a buyer getting more upset because he felt he was misled by the PM's shared about why it occurred.

(shrug)

:popcorn: