• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I have had a couple of transactions with the seller and I have had no problems with him at all. He does invoice within minutes of a boardie claiming an item though and should list in his threads that he expects immediate payment or he will move on to the next paying customer.

It seems at times there is a misunderstanding between sellers and buyers concerning board etiquette vs. board rules. Three or five days without a response to a pm invoice may seem like a flaky buyer to the seller if immediate payment is the expectation. However, a 5 day non-response to an invoice for claimed items is not a violation of the board's buying policy. Proper etiquette would have been for the buyer to respond to the invoice giving the seller notice of intentions of paying for the items on a specific date and time. Even though that wasn't done, the seller should not have sold the items to a new buyer without stating in the thread that the items were still available because of a lack of response from the buyer to an invoice. The seller needs to have clear terms concerning payment expectations IMO. I don't think it is PL worthy but the seller needs to make things right with the buyer for negating his claim on the items.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the problem lies with the fact that the buyer never received an invoice at all.

Ahh, I read the seller's statement as if he had invoiced the correct person and that person didn't respond. My stance still hasn't changed. The seller should seek to make amends with the buyer but I still don't think it is a PL worthy event. The seller is fully admitting to the error.

If the person who bought the items in error would return them but be compensated for that loss in some way by the seller so that the seller could in turn honor the transaction with the original buyer that would be resolve things to some extent. Just a thought.

my apologies to the seller. I if I may have wronged anyone here. was not my intention. I sell fairly to anyone. I have had a few claims that go unsold due to no communication. and between a claim by a seller and a pm I thought I sent , I never heard a reply or a contact from the buyer for about 5 days, so i went and sold the same books to another seller. I was under the impression I was in contact with the seller, but I mixed up the name. I'm sure this can happen to anyone.

Again my apologies.

Do you have the PM you sent initially? Please post a screen shot.

my apologies to the seller. I if I may have wronged anyone here. was not my intention. I sell fairly to anyone. I have had a few claims that go unsold due to no communication. and between a claim by a seller and a pm I thought I sent , I never heard a reply or a contact from the buyer for about 5 days, so i went and sold the same books to another seller. I was under the impression I was in contact with the seller, but I mixed up the name. I'm sure this can happen to anyone.

Again my apologies.

Again, he never sent the initial PM, and he has taken ownership of that in the colored area of the quote above.

That just carpy selling. To not follow up and just sell the books to someone else is BS. Especially when it turns out the seller never even sent the first PM. To me it isn't just that an initial mistake was made. The actions after that are terrible.

Again my apologies.

Again, he never sent the initial PM, and he has taken ownership of that in the colored area of the quote above.

I understand what you are saying, but look at the green highlight, he's got the words "seller" and "buyer" confused, but he says he confused the name too, which to me, meant he sent the PM to the wrong person. I'd like to see that he sent A pm, and to whom.

Otherwise, his statement makes no sense to me. He told the buyer that he didn't answer, so what PM was he looking at that the buyer did not answer?

So, I claimed 3 books on the 6th, and this evening I get a PM from the seller saying he's sold the books to another buyer because I didn't respond to his PM.

Now, I've only received one PM from the seller (telling me he sold my books), but does this time frame, 3 days, seem extreme to anyone else?

Yes it's unreasonable. Nominate him for Probation. He was already on my Do Not Deal With list because of previous sketchy behavior.

His explanation is open and shut PL. Post it now so that everyone can be informed.

hm

That just carpy selling. To not follow up and just sell the books to someone else is BS. Especially when it turns out the seller never even sent the first PM. To me it isn't just that an initial mistake was made. The actions after that are terrible.

And that's where I'm at. Mistakes happen, it's how we respond to our mistakes that define our character and affect our reputation. Seller sent a pm cancelling the sale due to non payment and that's when he found out he'd made a mistake. From that point he had the choice to address the issue or ignore it and he went with ignore.

If he had replied with 'I'm sorry, I thought I had sent a pm but hadn't, how can I fix this?', rather than silence odds are the buyer would say 'no problem, mistakes happen' and we wouldn't be here.

Again my apologies.

I understand what you are saying, but look at the green highlight, he's got the words "seller" and "buyer" confused, but he says he confused the name too, which to me, meant he sent the PM to the wrong person. I'd like to see that he sent A pm, and to whom.

Otherwise, his statement makes no sense to me. He told the buyer that he didn't answer, so what PM was he looking at that the buyer did not answer?

Ahh, I see what you mean. That interpretation makes sense (thumbs u

Again my apologies.

I, too, would like to see the initial PM sent to the wrong person.

Again my apologies.

Crickets

Again my apologies.

Crickets

But we have a possible solution this way. Give him 3 days, the same amount of time he waited for the buyer. If he doesn't show this "PM", we can put him on the PL until he does.

He has a remedy.

hello everyone. i'm not hiding from this situation.

What I was saying was that I thought I was in contact with the seller, ended up I was communicating with someone else about other books.

I didn't see a :takeit: sing from seller and he never reached out to me to pay on his end too.

He wrote "ill take it" in words only and it fell through the cracks for me. I was in communication with someone else about Marvel Premiere 47 and that seller didn't get back to me until like 3 or 4 days later too.

I got a buyer now who i am not naming right now who after negotiating with me and claimed the books in forums, promised to pay and has not as of yet. it's been a week since he claimed without pay.

what i'm saying is that I lost sight of who was who and I admit I should have kept a tighter eye on who my buyers are. if you look at my kudos, I am stand as an honest seller. I provide really low prices on honestly graded books.

at this point the Books are sold. What can I possibly do, if I can't get them back to original seller who claimed it?

I made an error and truly sorry to the buyer.

I will be posting more books and if he claimes any to buy, I promise to make up for the mistake on my end.

I will communicate with the buyer and hope to make good.

thank you and I appreciate the passion everyone here has to stand by each seller and buyer.

Why can't the second buyer, who hasn't paid yet, just defer the books to the first buyer who publicly claimed the books in the thread? Kind of seems like a weasel move to hide in the shadows and watch the seller get burned all while not having paid yet. Buyer2 also claimed books that were already publicly taken in the thread. :facepalm:

In any event, we should move the discussion to the probation discussion list.

Hate to be a d.....but I've wanted this book for a while.....

My wants > everything else

Someone doesn't mind being a just as long as they get what they want.

Community! :banana:

I just saw his follow up...

That's the Venom that I thought it was. I will now confirm my prior :takeit:

Did Remender make another Venom as per the description? Regardless......I officially contest this "take it" and ask for moderators to review and judge as per the posted and generally accepted rules....

Rockstar!

Edited by HarveySwick

hello everyone. i'm not hiding from this situation.

What I was saying was that I thought I was in contact with the seller, ended up I was communicating with someone else about other books.

I didn't see a :takeit: sing from seller and he never reached out to me to pay on his end too.

He wrote "ill take it" in words only and it fell through the cracks for me. I was in communication with someone else about Marvel Premiere 47 and that seller didn't get back to me until like 3 or 4 days later too.

I got a buyer now who i am not naming right now who after negotiating with me and claimed the books in forums, promised to pay and has not as of yet. it's been a week since he claimed without pay.

what i'm saying is that I lost sight of who was who and I admit I should have kept a tighter eye on who my buyers are. if you look at my kudos, I am stand as an honest seller. I provide really low prices on honestly graded books.

at this point the Books are sold. What can I possibly do, if I can't get them back to original seller who claimed it?

I made an error and truly sorry to the buyer.

I will be posting more books and if he claimes any to buy, I promise to make up for the mistake on my end.

I will communicate with the buyer and hope to make good.

thank you and I appreciate the passion everyone here has to stand by each seller and buyer.

This is so convoluted, I'm not sure I even understand what you are saying.

I still don't understand how you can answer a PM saying the person did not pay, if you never sent one. He obviously DID reach out to you, he wrote you a PM.

You can't just brush this off and offer a discount in the future, Personally, I'm waiting to hear how the buyer feels about your offer to fix things.

The buyer did not contact me until I saw that he had claimed the books and I was the first to reach out to tell him.

I thought I reached out to him for a payment. But I was contacting someone else about another book, overlooking that fact that this buyer we are talking about, there was no communication for about 3 or 4 days to pay or be paid.

Hope this makes sense?