• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. I was hoping you could please help me.

I hope this is the right place to bring the issue about a buyer who has not yet paid after promising me since he put a claim on the books for $106.

the seller CopperAgeKids put a claim on a couple of books on 11/24/16 and few days later re negotiated with me on more books.

See attached screen grab of his message:

Screen%20Shot%202016-11-16%20at%206.47.56%20PM_zpsblvjpwm0.png

I have pm'd him a few days ago and never heard back. i have pm'd him today too and still have not heard back.

He claims he bought a set of comics, but his obligation should be to me with his claim to comics.

Any suggestions please?

This wannabe dealer did the same thing to me on a Captain Marvel #17 2nd Print that I sold on this forum a few months ago.

Through PM he asked if I would take $225.00 and to let him know if that is acceptable and he would pay right away.

I responded back that I would accept the deal and asked for his PayPal info, he read the PM and then just walked away.

I didn't make a big deal about it as I didn't like him from his posts and reputation on this forum and it sold to another client.

It looks like this is habitual with this dork.

These types don't last long in the business.

He hit a $115 Buy it Now of mine for Mylars on ebay

Never paid

Never responded there or via PM here (although it was read)

At least I can say that none of my Mylars were harmed during his "sheathing" process :eek:

Why isn't this guy in the HoS?

Someone would have to nominate him first. He seems to be at the very least probation list worthy.

So I actually found CopperKidage guy on Ebay and asked him to pay me. He sent me his email so I can invoice him and promised to pay me right away.

Well, that never happened.

So I told him I will buy out all his Ebay listings and not pay. lol

:pullhair:

When did he say he would pay right away and when did you invoice him (time wise)

I personally think you should nominate him to the PL. He claimed books from you, then "lucked out" and spent your money on a different collection.

Then he messaged you on the 8th (10 days ago) and promised to pay in 7 days, and hasn't done so.

IMO this is very shady behavior and PL worthy, especially when combined with what he did to Red_Hood and InvstmntComcSuply. Just my two cents.

Not a board detective but would like more facts on this one. Through limited searching:

CAK's last claim on a book that I could find on one of Igor's sales threads appears to be on 11/3. Igor failed to stipulate payment must be received in x days on that thread. Not sure where this 10/24 date from Igor is coming from but don't see anything from CAKs post history claiming on those dates, I could be missing something here.

Although CAK should have paid him when he said I think Igor needs to actually wait until early Dec to nominate him to the PL but unsure.

If someone has a long running thread or multiple threads wouldn't it be typical to wait until the buyer has finished claiming books to be invoiced, and the clock start ticking at that point?

Not attacking/defending anyone one way or the other here and both certainly have some negative history on the boards but I think it might be premature to nominate him on the PL per the guidelines.

FTR - I have sold a couple of slab to CAK and he paid within an acceptable time frame.

I hope this is the right place to bring the issue about a buyer who has not yet paid after promising me since he put a claim on the books for $106.

the seller CopperAgeKids put a claim on a couple of books on 11/24/16 and few days later re negotiated with me on more books.

I have pm'd him a few days ago and never heard back. i have pm'd him today too and still have not heard back.

He claims he bought a set of comics, but his obligation should be to me with his claim to comics.

Any suggestions please?

If only you had used the great sales practices that you used when WeR138 won a book from you in this situation. Then everything would have worked out great! :whistle:

Any suggestions please?

If only you had used the great sales practices that you used when WeR138 won a book from you in this situation. Then everything would have worked out great! :whistle:

Karma aside this does seem to reveal a poor pattern of behavior from CAK

I can't imagine anyone being more of a supreme knucklehead on so many levels.

:hi:

Not Canucklehead....knucklehead.

Not Canucklehead....knucklehead.

He qualifies for both :gossip:

I think we've all been there, something breaks on the car seconds after hitting buy it now.

So just put it on the credit card and move on with life, don't leave the seller hanging.

CAK though, he buys different comics, leaves the seller hanging :cool:

Maybe he had to use the money to put in a new fire pit or pay his OK Cupid account! Has he actually showed up to explain himself or did I miss it? Usually he can't wait to jump in with buying suggestions.