• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

He created a shill that responded 4 or 5 times before it was deleted.

Isn't that an automatic strike?

Bingo

It's worse than that....

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9659497#Post9659497

I figured the mods would ban him.

Bingo

It's worse than that....

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9659497#Post9659497

I'll file the minority report on this one: He could be annoying and I'm not sure I ever actually read to the end of any of his long posts, but he's an, uh, unusual character and these boards will be less interesting without him.

Not second-guessing whether his behavior merited his being banned, but I'm sorry to see him go.

Bingo

It's worse than that....

I'll file the minority report on this one: He could be annoying and I'm not sure I ever actually read to the end of any of his long posts, but he's an, uh, unusual character and these boards will be less interesting without him.

Not second-guessing whether his behavior merited his being banned, but I'm sorry to see him go.

I remember when he first joined. For the life of him he just could NOT figure out how to post a sales thread within the forum rules. Man, there had to be 7-8 consecutive threads that got pulled for rule violations.

Making a shill account to post after getting a strike was the one nuclear rule violation he couldn't help himself and avoid.

Bingo

It's worse than that....

I remember when he first joined. For the life of him he just could NOT figure out how to post a sales thread within the forum rules. Man, there had to be 7-8 consecutive threads that got pulled for rule violations.

Making a shill account to post after getting a strike was the one nuclear rule violation he couldn't help himself and avoid.

making a shill account is one thing. but putting a link to the other forum where he's going back and forth with Iceman using his CAK name was suicide. :screwy:

Did he deserve a strike? Yes

Did he deserve to be banned, going from strike 2? hm

Less tolerance from the mods I guess but yet I still see those who tip toe the line with moderation get nothing stronger than a wrist slap

:golfclap:

Edited by jsilverjanet

Did he deserve a strike? Yes

Did he deserve to be banned, going from strike 2? hm

Less tolerance from the mods I guess but yet I still see those who tip toe the line with moderation get nothing stronger than a wrist slap

:golfclap:

I agree. We have seen much worse behavior not get banned. Maybe there's more to the story that we are unaware of, but given the facts as we know them another strike was in order, not a banning.