• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. I was hoping you could please help me.

I hope this is the right place to bring the issue about a buyer who has not yet paid after promising me since he put a claim on the books for $106.

the seller CopperAgeKids put a claim on a couple of books on 11/24/16 and few days later re negotiated with me on more books.

See attached screen grab of his message:

Screen%20Shot%202016-11-16%20at%206.47.56%20PM_zpsblvjpwm0.png

I have pm'd him a few days ago and never heard back. i have pm'd him today too and still have not heard back.

He claims he bought a set of comics, but his obligation should be to me with his claim to comics.

Any suggestions please?

This wannabe dealer did the same thing to me on a Captain Marvel #17 2nd Print that I sold on this forum a few months ago.

Through PM he asked if I would take $225.00 and to let him know if that is acceptable and he would pay right away.

I responded back that I would accept the deal and asked for his PayPal info, he read the PM and then just walked away.

I didn't make a big deal about it as I didn't like him from his posts and reputation on this forum and it sold to another client.

It looks like this is habitual with this dork.

These types don't last long in the business.

I hope this is the right place to bring the issue about a buyer who has not yet paid after promising me since he put a claim on the books for $106.

the seller CopperAgeKids put a claim on a couple of books on 11/24/16 and few days later re negotiated with me on more books.

I have pm'd him a few days ago and never heard back. i have pm'd him today too and still have not heard back.

He claims he bought a set of comics, but his obligation should be to me with his claim to comics.

Any suggestions please?

This wannabe dealer did the same thing to me on a Captain Marvel #17 2nd Print that I sold on this forum a few months ago.

Through PM he asked if I would take $225.00 and to let him know if that is acceptable and he would pay right away.

I responded back that I would accept the deal and asked for his PayPal info, he read the PM and then just walked away.

I didn't make a big deal about it as I didn't like him from his posts and reputation on this forum and it sold to another client.

Uh, excuse me, but he just picked up a collection for a steal, so I'm pretty sure he's one of the pros. Besides, he's always saying when he sees books for sale that he would buy them if he didn't just pick up 2 or 3 at a local con, meanwhile chastising others in the thread for "snoozing" on books that are still available. How dare you besmirch his business acumen?

well... I was wondering how long i have till I can re-sell the books and not count on him coming back at all?

He is posting away on "the other guys" boards. I would PM him there and put a link to this discussion. If you get no response, your decision in two weeks will be an easy one.

well... I was wondering how long i have till I can re-sell the books and not count on him coming back at all?

He is posting away on "the other guys" boards. I would PM him there and put a link to this discussion. If you get no response, your decision in two weeks will be an easy one.

no cell signal in the firepit. also, he got a strike.

Any suggestions please?

He hit a $115 Buy it Now of mine for Mylars on ebay

Never paid

Never responded there or via PM here (although it was read)

At least I can say that none of my Mylars were harmed during his "sheathing" process :eek:

Any suggestions please?

Never paid

At least I can say that none of my Mylars were harmed during his "sheathing" process :eek:

Why isn't this guy in the HoS?

Any suggestions please?

Never paid

Ive never been CAKed :whee:

I made CAK aware. He didn't appreciate it :( I was smearing his name :sorry:

"CAK aware" is a term I endeavor to use in the real world at least three times in the next week.

Any suggestions please?

It's funny how CAK is always telling people how to run a comic business etc but he's missed the most important part, safeguard you're reputation at all costs and stand by your word.