• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I want to formally apologize to letsgrumble for completely forgetting to send his prize from the last grading game in August. I know this is no excuse, but handling two small children after 10 hrs of work really tax you. I promise to mail it to you , you have my word on that.

My sincerest apologies.

Dave

Tip: the more you write about your price justification, the less likely I am to believe it...

You just put a price, I got not issue...

but when you start selling the book as "This book seems to continue to climb over the last year" hm

... notice the caveat "over the last year"

Yep prices are up over last year, BUT price is declining from sale earlier this year compared to the second sale more recent ($2000 and then down to $1300 for second sale). Granted this is all using two data points to set a trend, a bad practice by even the wimpiest of statisticians...

but if you expand your look to include other grades they are also going down in the few recent sales vs sales from a few months ago, except for the 9.2 sale in October...So one outlier while other grade (9.4, 9.4, 9.0) all show down trend...

This must be how they list books on Facebook groups and such. I'm seeing more and more unfamiliar names listing like this here.

Tip: the more you write about your price justification, the less likely I am to believe it...

You just put a price, I got not issue...

but when you start selling the book as "This book seems to continue to climb over the last year" hm

... notice the caveat "over the last year"

Yep prices are up over last year, BUT price is declining from sale earlier this year compared to the second sale more recent ($2000 and then down to $1300 for second sale). Granted this is all using two data points to set a trend, a bad practice by even the wimpiest of statisticians...

but if you expand your look to include other grades they are also going down in the few recent sales vs sales from a few months ago, except for the 9.2 sale in October...So one outlier while other grade (9.4, 9.4, 9.0) all show down trend...

This book is also listed for sale in other places (Facebook for one).

Bring back LTPC! :sumo:

Things at least seemed much less tense where there was some sort of Board "game" going on. :(

Mods notified

...GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u