• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Has anyone heard from the blob? I bought some stuff from him a few weeks ago. The last message I got was on March 13th saying he was waiting until the snowstorm was over to mail the package out. He hasn't seen that PM since then.

The tracking I got shows a label was created and never mailed.

Edited by Meeklo

On March 30, 2017 at 9:56 AM, miraclemet said:

but of those 7000 only  about 1300 have a bid, which is how I tell if it's a real auction or not... plenty of sellers list, and relist, and relist their "auction" at a full BIN price (I assume there's some benefit to listing it this way)... 

I wish there was a way to parse out new listings vs re-listings (and re-listings at same price vs re-listings at new price). 

I like to do an advanced search.  If you like CGC graded books, then that's the word in your search bar.  Hit the small word "advanced" beside the search button. I new page with a ton of options comes up. Look for Number of Bids, and select the minimum to be 1.  Then go to the bottom and hit "search". 

Now, you'll have all of the auctions that at least one person feels it's worthwhile bidding on.  This gets rid of the vast majority of carp. 2c 

7 hours ago, thirdgreenham said:

I like to do an advanced search.  If you like CGC graded books, then that's the word in your search bar.  Hit the small word "advanced" beside the search button. I new page with a ton of options comes up. Look for Number of Bids, and select the minimum to be 1.  Then go to the bottom and hit "search". 

Now, you'll have all of the auctions that at least one person feels it's worthwhile bidding on.  This gets rid of the vast majority of carp. 2c 

Thats totally my move too

54 minutes ago, miraclemet said:
8 hours ago, thirdgreenham said:

Thats totally my move too

:headbang:

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 4:11 PM, thirdgreenham said:

:headbang:

So you guys only want to bid on auctions . . . which have at least 1 other bid - picky much?

On April 2, 2017 at 8:40 PM, Meeklo said:

Has anyone heard from the blob? I bought some stuff from him a few weeks ago. The last message I got was on March 13th saying he was waiting until the snowstorm was over to mail the package out. He hasn't seen that PM since then.

The tracking I got shows a label was created and never mailed.

Bump?

On 4/5/2017 at 7:31 AM, thirdgreenham said:

Thanks for the great tip Andy !!!!

16 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

Thanks for the great tip Andy !!!!

It gets rid of tons and tons of overpriced material.  Sure, you might miss some decent things, but it'll save you boatloads of time. 

So any ideas on what to do about the blob? He seems to be a respected member here so I'm not jumping to any conclusions but no one is responding to these comments I posted. Other than Chadwick not having communication from him, I sent Revat a PM in regards to his deal with him and Revat said he never got an invoice.

Does anyone know if any more personal way to contact him?

23 hours ago, thirdgreenham said:

It gets rid of tons and tons of overpriced material.  Sure, you might miss some decent things, but it'll save you boatloads of time. 

I used this great tip all last night on eBay for comics and coins, skyrocketing comic prices have made formerly expensive key coins seem cheap these days !!

On 4/12/2017 at 2:04 AM, Meeklo said:

So any ideas on what to do about the blob? He seems to be a respected member here so I'm not jumping to any conclusions but no one is responding to these comments I posted. Other than Chadwick not having communication from him, I sent Revat a PM in regards to his deal with him and Revat said he never got an invoice.

That's very odd, to be sure. He bought several books from me a few months ago and I didn't have any problems. He's also a pretty regular poster, so the fact that he's gone completely silent makes me wonder if he's ok. Hopefully this all works out soon on both ends!

Is this the place to rant?

Several weeks ago, I put up an offer for some free magazines. They weren't comic related, but they were sports, which has a crossover market here.

No one objected or notified either the mods or myself about it. Earlier this week, someone evidently responded to the offer and only then did someone notify the mods. Bottom line is the thread was removed., so I don't know who it was that wanted them.

If that person PMs me, we'll handle the transaction in private.

I'd also ask that the person who notified the mods id themselves so I can be sure never to do business with them again. Are you really so anal as to stop a fellow board member from getting free stuff just because it doesn't meet the criteria for selling something?

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 2:04 AM, Meeklo said:

Just wait the month and put him on the PL list.  People seem to come out of the wood work when their name is on the list.  Hope it gets resolved soon.

2 hours ago, shadroch said:

Is this the place to rant?

Several weeks ago, I put up an offer for some free magazines. They weren't comic related, but they were sports, which has a crossover market here.

No one objected or notified either the mods or myself about it. Earlier this week, someone evidently responded to the offer and only then did someone notify the mods. Bottom line is the thread was removed., so I don't know who it was that wanted them.

If that person PMs me, we'll handle the transaction in private.

I'd also ask that the person who notified the mods id themselves so I can be sure never to do business with them again. Are you really so anal as to stop a fellow board member from getting free stuff just because it doesn't meet the criteria for selling something?

Geez louise, some folks are just straight up .

18 hours ago, shadroch said:

The guidelines say only comic related items may be sold. Nothing about what can be given away.   You'd think giving fellow board members free stuff would be okay.

Indeed, getting a well intentioned and charitable thread yanked is a pedantic move at best. Also, "comic related" is vague. I'm sure some of the athletes featured in a comic at some point, or there's at least a single panel cartoon among the content of the magazine.