• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, SteppinRazor said:

Not to change the subject, but are medium flat rate boxes the best deal for shipping more than say 10 comics?

sometimes, but depends on the distance.

Not sure if this is the right forum for this question, but here it is:

I just saw this listing on Ebay for an ASM #25 CGC 7.0 Universal blue label. The label notes "TOP EDGE OF COVER TRIMMED".  Good price if it's unrestored, not so much if it has been trimmed.  One thing is certain, it either has the wrong label or the wrong note. What do you think?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMAZING-SPIDER-MAN-25-CGC-7-0-1st-Cameo-Appearance-Of-Mary-Jane-/112406011012?hash=item1a2beb9c84:g:7ncAAOSwtGlZFxVr

20 minutes ago, Cliff R. said:

Not sure if this is the right forum for this question, but here it is:

I just saw this listing on Ebay for an ASM #25 CGC 7.0 Universal blue label. The label notes "TOP EDGE OF COVER TRIMMED".  Good price if it's unrestored, not so much if it has been trimmed.  One thing is certain, it either has the wrong label or the wrong note. What do you think?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMAZING-SPIDER-MAN-25-CGC-7-0-1st-Cameo-Appearance-Of-Mary-Jane-/112406011012?hash=item1a2beb9c84:g:7ncAAOSwtGlZFxVr

You are correct, it cannot be both, either an error in label or the book should not be blue, I am no expert on restoration, but looking at it I would guess it is trimmed and its the colour of the label that is wrong. 2c

25 minutes ago, crassus said:

You are correct, it cannot be both, either an error in label or the book should not be blue, I am no expert on restoration, but looking at it I would guess it is trimmed and its the colour of the label that is wrong. 2c

I contacted the seller, he said that the book does look trimmed.  

Crassus, I always enjoy your posts. You are thoughtful and well spoken. 

1 hour ago, Cliff R. said:
1 hour ago, crassus said:

I contacted the seller, he said that the book does look trimmed.  

Crassus, I always enjoy your posts. You are thoughtful and well spoken. 

Looks like an unfortunate quality control lapse by CGC.

Interesting that the seller agrees that the book is trimmed but apparently has not changed what is a misleading listing.  hm

13 hours ago, Pitboss said:
17 hours ago, Foley said:

Has anyone seen this gem:

This thread has so much going for it, I don't know where to begin. Sales thread in the PGM forum, no shipping information or price, the "your mom" tag etc.

:facepalm:

This one's cooler :eek: :

I love how the price went up by $2000 lol

At the very least the marketplace here has really dissipated from something people would flock to with great enthusiasm to a place where sellers halfheartedly toss their wares up for a day or two before moving on to more prosperous selling venues.

1 hour ago, Jeffro. said:

I love how the price went up by $2000 lol

I feel a bit sorry for them. Whatever the merits, they've put so much work into it. In the 6500 thread I think I can see young feet in superman pyjamas in the first few photos, so it may be a young kid who just needs a little friendly guidance. I'll drop them a line and see if I can give them a few pointers. 

• Administrator

Hey all,

Just a quick note on a new feature.

I added a "kudos thread" field to the member profile. When you put a link to your kudos thread into that box, it will appears:

1. On your profile in the left hand columns
  2. Under your name in the block to the left of each of your posts

This has been requested in the past on the old boards, but we didn't have a good way to do it. The new boards makes it easy. It's also helpful since the default on the new boards for new members is for signatures to be turned off, so some people don't see that link in your signature. (No, I can't change that, or I probably would. I think signatures are cool).

2 hours ago, Architecht said:

Hey all,

Just a quick note on a new feature.

I added a "kudos thread" field to the member profile. When you put a link to your kudos thread into that box, it will appears:

1. On your profile in the left hand columns
  2. Under your name in the block to the left of each of your posts

This has been requested in the past on the old boards, but we didn't have a good way to do it. The new boards makes it easy. It's also helpful since the default on the new boards for new members is for signatures to be turned off, so some people don't see that link in your signature. (No, I can't change that, or I probably would. I think signatures are cool).