• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Logan510 said:

It absolutely is, he specifically says non fee method paypal. The only non fee method of paypal I know of is personal.

+1  That's really the ONLY way I interpreted it.

14 hours ago, oceans11 said:

I'm not saying I won't pay him cause I will... But .. Why send me books when I haven't paid yet? And send them, and  tell me that you're sending them free? I'm confused. I mean if he was complaining about me not paying then different story. But this I felt forced to send them for free? I don't understand that at all. 

If if he was worried I wouldn't follow through on my purchase then really .. Why send them out ? My feedback and length of time here should speak for itself as if I made it a habit of not paying for my purchases, I wouldn't be here anymore. (Or would have hit the probation list, which I have never been on).  But hey ... No one seems to be able to explain this one to me.

I think you're looking for an explanation where there may not be a rational one.  When you get the books, pay the man.  Then put him on your private 'list' and don't buy from him anymore.  Then go watch GOTG2 and have a beer.

31 minutes ago, revat said:

I think you're looking for an explanation where there may not be a rational one.  When you get the books, pay the man.  Then put him on your private 'list' and don't buy from him anymore.  Then go watch GOTG2 and have a beer.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something here. Other that going to check out GOTG2. Looking forward to that one.  Appreciate everyone's viewpoints. Thanks.

On 5/8/2017 at 9:13 PM, fastballspecial said:

Man there is some disturbing stuff trying to be sold on here lately.

That insufficiently_thoughtful_person tried selling copies of that garbage before. 

I think it is unfathomable for a profit to be made from anything associated with such a heinous and evil person.  I will never understand why someone would want to own and bring attention to a serial killer or other type of corrupt individual. 

14 hours ago, telerites said:

I think it is unfathomable for a profit to be made from anything associated with such a heinous and evil person.  I will never understand why someone would want to own and bring attention to a serial killer or other type of corrupt individual. 

It remains a person; problem is WHAT material: I don’t understand why one should produce a book with copies autographed by a killer.
As I said, books can be read, but what’s their point is the problem.

40 minutes ago, vaillant said:

It remains a person; problem is WHAT material: I don’t understand why one should produce a book with copies autographed by a killer.
As I said, books can be read, but what’s their point is the problem.

I agree, Claudio.  To be honest, it sickens me - the only thing that may add any glimmer of acceptance would be if the proceeds go to victims' families but that wouldn't control the secondary/collector markets.

1 minute ago, telerites said:

I agree, Claudio.  To be honest, it sickens me - the only thing that may add any glimmer of acceptance would be if the proceeds go to victims' families but that wouldn't control the secondary/collector markets.

Unfortunately I feel it is the opposite: your culture (in USA) is strange, as it occasionally somewhat "glorified" deranged killers.
Cinema and fiction did not help, so this helps to "dehumanize" both the killer and the victims. The case of Luka Magnotta (which is canadian but it’s just to make an example) shows how deep this sickness goes: there are sites devoted to such things, where people can upload movies and (that’s the problem) there are people "curious" to see (and that’s the best scenario).
I am not saying it’s an american thing alone, but surely down there it took place a kind of disaffectioned subculture which, instead of helping killers to redeem and reintegrate, makes them sort of "pop stars". And that book seems to be of that kind… :(

27 minutes ago, vaillant said:

Unfortunately I feel it is the opposite: your culture (in USA) is strange, as it occasionally somewhat "glorified" deranged killers.
Cinema and fiction did not help, so this helps to "dehumanize" both the killer and the victims. The case of Luka Magnotta (which is canadian but it’s just to make an example) shows how deep this sickness goes: there are sites devoted to such things, where people can upload movies and (that’s the problem) there are people "curious" to see (and that’s the best scenario).
I am not saying it’s an american thing alone, but surely down there it took place a kind of disaffectioned subculture which, instead of helping killers to redeem and reintegrate, makes them sort of "pop stars". And that book seems to be of that kind… :(

Exactly.  Just beyond belief and sickening.

I think I cried when I saw how devastated were the parents of the japanese student killed by Magnotta.
All of a sudden their life was destroyed, they learned ugly things about their son, and then that he was killed without a proper "reason".
Sites like these where Magnotta uploaded that video should be shut down, I don’t understand why they exist, but that’s the point: evil is pointless.
Mother Teresa of Calcutta says the devil is purely driven by hate towards God, to him people are just unimportant. I believe this describes quite adequately these situations.

Just now, SteppinRazor said:

Not to change the subject, but are medium flat rate boxes the best deal for shipping more than say 10 comics?

You mean price-wise? I generally prefer custom boxes, when people uses the USPS boxes and they have to travel a lot (like in my case) the cardboard is not so strong…