• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

On 7/17/2023 at 5:55 PM, Pitboss said:

On 7/17/2023 at 5:37 PM, Point Five said:

Yikes. Got a link to the sales thread?

As a public service announcement, Patrick got his books....exactly when he asked.

What he failed to mention in pretty much calling me out was that, despite my instructions of payment and shipping to follow close to the end of my thread, he messaged me after claiming books and being invoiced that he was going to be out of the country until 7/5 and not to ship before 6/30. So, I shipped 7/6. His books were delivered on 7/19 (LV800571185US). I'm not on the boards much and I knew I was not going to be, hence my instructions in the thread. I have a big job and a lot going on... I had a trip. He's the one that went against was was outlined. I didn't want to play mail service for him, nor should I have had to, but I did exactly as I was asked. So, GFC Patrick. At least I won't have to deal with you again. 

On 7/25/2023 at 6:55 PM, asteroid-comix said:

As a public service announcement, Patrick got his books....exactly when he asked.

What he failed to mention in pretty much calling me out was that, despite my instructions of payment and shipping to follow close to the end of my thread, he messaged me after claiming books and being invoiced that he was going to be out of the country until 7/5 and not to ship before 6/30. So, I shipped 7/6. His books were delivered on 7/19 (LV800571185US). I'm not on the boards much and I knew I was not going to be, hence my instructions in the thread. I have a big job and a lot going on... I had a trip. He's the one that went against was was outlined. I didn't want to play mail service for him, nor should I have had to, but I did exactly as I was asked. So, GFC Patrick. At least I won't have to deal with you again. 

hm 

On 7/25/2023 at 8:55 PM, asteroid-comix said:

Sorry you see it that way Frank...

No details were publicly mentioned because none were required. I did not make any complaint nor did I start any probation thread nor did I open a PayPal dispute.

I did indeed ask you to ship around June 30th so that I can receive the books when I do return from vacation which you did agree and yes I finally got them just a few days ago. You never did provide me that tracking number though (first time I see it provided is now in your post above) nor did you answer me when I asked if the books have been shipped when I was back from vacation. I sent you a PM on July 5th, another one a week later, an e-mail and even a phone call. Total silence. The lack of communication was rather disturbing to say the least and I was beginning to worry about my purchase. Not because I thought you were not reliable (you and me have had several successful transactions in the past) but rather that maybe there was a problem. That is why I asked if anyone has heard from you in the last month.

If that was me as the seller, I would have simply apologized and/or provided an explanation for being late and for no communication. But you point the finger at me and call me names?

If that's the way you feel and react, don't worry, we will not do business again indeed.

Edited by pickycollector

I had to Google GFC.... For novices like me, it's  "Go For Coffee".  

It seems like this is a nothing issue that could have been resolved with a quick email. No need to sling mud in either direction. 

My suggestion would be to bury it and maybe GFC sometime if you ever have the opportunity. 

On 7/26/2023 at 4:57 AM, KCOComics said:

It seems like this is a nothing issue that could have been resolved with a quick email. No need to sling mud in either direction. 

My suggestion would be to bury it and maybe GFC sometime if you ever have the opportunity. 

google got me Grazing Food Chain.  Agreed, seems like this issue was caused by poor communication.  A simple 'the book has shipped and here's the tracking #' and we wouldn't be here.

On 7/26/2023 at 3:57 AM, KCOComics said:

Urban dictionary shows something else.

On 7/29/2023 at 9:15 PM, Semicentennial said:

Urban dictionary shows something else.

Yeah, someone else shared that definition with me. And honestly, it's a pretty disgusting thing to post.

So if that's the definition he's using, it says all you need to know about how he wants to represent himself.   

On 7/29/2023 at 7:33 PM, KCOComics said:

Yeah, someone else shared that definition with me. And honestly, it's a pretty disgusting thing to post.

So if that's the definition he's using, it says all you need to know about how he wants to represent himself.   

Truly unprofessional behavior. 

Edited by Semicentennial

I will add one thing to this chat, I bought off @asteroid-comix on the exact same sale; invoicing was perfect, shipped on time...and the books were absolutely immaculate. New mylar bags and new boards, perfectly graded, packed very well all for fantastic prices...literally the perfect transaction! highlight of my year! I would like the opportunity to thank him publicly.

Just wanted to add some balance to the chat, I am sorry that @pickycollector had a poor transaction experience...as others have mentioned, must be a comms breakdown.