• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I'm sensing some hostility.
Au contraire. Just calling it like it is. Fandago hit the BIN on a bunch of books that october had for sale that no one else was fighting for but Einstein here wants to whine about it. Didn't read anything from october complaining about his sales. :gossip:

(worship)

Au contraire. Just calling it like it is. Fandago hit the BIN on a bunch of books that october had for sale that no one else was fighting for but Einstein here wants to whine about it. Didn't read anything from october complaining about his sales. :gossip:

Hey, the guy in question changed his tactics and is now properly quoting his BINs from now on, so I don't see the issue. He asked me to give him the benefit of the doubt that it was an innocent re-edit, and I let it go.

He and I worked it out, and all I see is you trying to cause trouble.

I just caught another guy quick-posting-then-editing his replies in a For Sale thread, and we really need to get a "Quote the Post with Scan" rule put in.

Otherwise, we're all gonna need to go over to the Dark Side to win any nice books.

I'm not buying there, so it's definitely not sour grapes, just looking over some scans when I saw it happen between refreshes.

hate to sound like a complete insufficiently_thoughtful_person but how does this work?

In highly competitive threads, like some of Nik's auctions, time is money and a second can mean losing a killer book. So some people try to work the system and cut out a few steps.

Instead of actually reading, then replying to the post and quoting the book, they simply paste :takeit: into the Quick Reply window when a new book pops up, then re-edit their responses later, or in some cases if the book is not to their liking, immediately delete it. Many times the response is not even linked to the book in question.

That's why many sellers have taken to requiring that the original post + scan are quoted in a reply, just to ensure we're all on a level playing field.

That's why many sellers have taken to requiring that the original post + scan are quoted in a reply, just to ensure we're all on a level playing field.

Who's "many sellers"? (shrug)

Much ado 'bout nothing, it should be up to the seller to decide how they want to sell their books...but I guess if you're looking for yet something else to whine about, you'll find it! :makepoint:

Albert_Eisten.jpg

lol

but I guess if you're looking for yet something else to whine about, you'll find it!

Where do you guys live, under a rock at greggy's place?

Seriously, if I said that the Earth is round, all the trolls on the board would try and produce evidence it's flat.

And I am not joking.

Who's "many sellers"? (shrug)

Much ado 'bout nothing, it should be up to the seller to decide how they want to sell their books...but I guess if you're looking for yet something else to whine about, you'll find it! :makepoint:

Exactly....the only thing I see that sellers require is to advise that the :takeit: takes precedence over any PM discussions. I have never seen anyone require the quoting of the scan. In fact, the only person who ever seems to whine about it is someone who never sells on the forum and buys so little. But in Vinny's "Walter Mitty's" world, WAY MORE people are on his side. :golfclap:

I just caught another guy quick-posting-then-editing his replies in a For Sale thread, and we really need to get a "Quote the Post with Scan" rule put in.

Otherwise, we're all gonna need to go over to the Dark Side to win any nice books.

I'm not buying there, so it's definitely not sour grapes, just looking over some scans when I saw it happen between refreshes.

hate to sound like a complete insufficiently_thoughtful_person but how does this work?

In highly competitive threads, like some of Nik's Cd4ever's auctions, time is money and a second can mean losing a killer book. So some people try to work the system and cut out a few steps.

Fixed that for ya! lol

Glad to see the mods had the decency to delete JC's post with the masked profanity, which as we all know, is a violation of board rules. :gossip:

In all seriousness however.....I don't disagree with JC. I don't make any specific rules to the contrary but if I see any quick replying/editing going on in a sales thread of mine where there is some competition, I will mention it and ask that person to cut it out and post the book you're buying like everyone else does. I don't think it's right.

In all seriousness however.....I don't disagree with JC. I don't make any specific rules to the contrary but if I see any quick replying/editing going on in a sales thread of mine where there is some competition, I will mention it and ask that person to cut it out and post the book you're buying like everyone else does. I don't think it's right.

No doubt each seller should decide how to run their sales thread as they feel is appropriate, and that even includes JC's sales threads! (thumbs u

Glad to see the mods had the decency to delete JC's post with the masked profanity, which as we all know, is a violation of board rules. :gossip:

If this particular violation of board rules was ever enforced, we'd lose half our membership.

Just saying, not picking sides

If this particular violation of board rules was ever enforced, we'd lose half our membership.

Yeah, and no doubt I'm thankful that the Park Rangers don't enforce the "No Alcohol" policy at the State Parks here in NC when I'm enjoying a cold one around the campfire after my kids are tucked into their sleeping bags, but it's great when they enforce it on a bunch of teenagers that don't know how to behave themselves and are up all night raising heck. Thin ice, and all that... (thumbs u

Yeah, and no doubt I'm thankful that the Park Rangers don't enforce the "No Alcohol" policy at the State Parks here in NC when I'm enjoying a cold one around the campfire after my kids are tucked into their sleeping bags, but it's great when they enforce it on a bunch of teenagers that don't know how to behave themselves and are up all night raising heck. Thin ice, and all that... (thumbs u

hm

Speaking of forum rules, I found two very appropriate ones for this thread:

Harrasment of another member through unwanted and repeated arguing and conflict - particularly when exemplified by "following" that person from thread to thread

Posting of any information which encourages or enables illegal or fraudulent behavior by others

If somebody ever tries to quick-post me out of a Plop or Not Brand Echh, there'll be heck to pay! :mad: