• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Theres just no fire in GD today :(

With General Dynamics (GD) being a major supplier/contractor for the military, I would certainly hope there is no fire...quite dangerous for a munitions manufacturer I would think hm

:ohnoez:

Well GD me then :insane:

Theres just no fire in GD today :(

With General Dynamics (GD) being a major supplier/contractor for the military, I would certainly hope there is no fire...quite dangerous for a munitions manufacturer I would think hm

:ohnoez:

Well GD me then :insane:

Awwwwwwwww. :foryou:

:eek:

All this socialization is going to bring on the pain.

:fear:

Hey! bleep it!

:applause::applause::applause:

Trust us. The thread will get right back on track if a situation arises. It always does.

:foryou:

:gossip: You do know that we are in the general discussion thread, and not the probation discussion thread, yes?

:insane:

:eek:

All this socialization is going to bring on the pain.

:fear:

Hey! bleep it!

:applause::applause::applause:

Trust us. The thread will get right back on track if a situation arises. It always does.

:foryou:

:gossip: You do know that we are in the general discussion thread, and not the probation discussion thread, yes?

:insane:

:gossip: Yes. And if you keep licking my ear, people are going to talk.

Probably that we all sublimate aggressive urges we dare not consciously admit to through the reading of our superhero stories...and of course our sexual drives through the (barely) societally acceptable ogling of GGA and our spandex clad Jean Greys/Emma Frosts :insane: All the meanwhile using the CGC message board as a thinly veiled medium (under the guise of discussing comics) for displacement, where we go after other boardies in such a way as we fear to do on those that are physically present in our lives (easy to lash out here...to significant others/family not quite as easy)

Of course, I have never at all been impressed by psychodynamic theory....really just seems a scheme to bilk your patients for excessive sessions, but that is just my own bias :preach:

Edited by Snake Eyes

Let them my sweet Bosco, for our bromance is pure and will surely survive the scrutiny of these boardies :foryou:

And with such intense scrutiny, the bromance dies :cry:

So harsh Watson, so harsh :sorry:

:kidaround:

:roflmao:

I'm betting the probies pull the wool over your eyes. hm

Oh sure, I have been fooled more than once in my time here...I do not hold myself out as a human lie detector (especially when I have no nonverbals to observe). Also, I do not have the history of many of the folks here and certainly have not read all the historical threads that document the shenanigans that occur from time to time. In fact, it may have been you or Bosco actually that warned me I had grabbed a couple items in a Taz thread :doh:

Also, I know in the past I bought from Robojo. Of course, that's one of the things I like about here (as opposed to eBay and some of the other online retailers). Most of us have some sort of interest in looking out for each other...you get that warning via PM, or a post in the thread that things look shady (thumbs u

And Air Supply Bosco?? You know me well lol

Oh sure, I have been fooled more than once in my time here...I do not hold myself out as a human lie detector (especially when I have no nonverbals to observe). Also, I do not have the history of many of the folks here and certainly have not read all the historical threads that document the shenanigans that occur from time to time. In fact, it may have been you or Bosco actually that warned me I had grabbed a couple items in a Taz thread :doh:

Also, I know in the past I bought from Robojo. Of course, that's one of the things I like about here (as opposed to eBay and some of the other online retailers). Most of us have some sort of interest in looking out for each other...you get that warning via PM, or a post in the thread that things look shady (thumbs u

I will watch out for you Snake Eyes, as long as you promise to never speak of licking Bosco's ear again.

I will watch out for you Snake Eyes, as long as you promise to never speak of licking Bosco's ear again.

Done (thumbs u

teamwork-team-work-demotivational-poster-1212780851.jpg

Some serious threadcrapping going on here over nothing more than price and by folks that don't look like serious buyers.

I know that it can be hard to sell things here for anything other than a giveaway price, but when did that morph into it being illegal to ask whatever price you want for your own property?

I don't see how having 500 posts or 50,000 posts would make a difference if the only complaint is price.

Was there some claim against the seller other than a high price? When were the "Forum Price Police" appointed? I must have been in the bathroom.

I agree completely with what you say, but at what point do we allow common sense and decency to go out the window?

Joey, you hit the nail on the head. It would be against common sense not to say anything about that price

You guys know me on here...I don't threadcrap.

I feel his asking price was laughable and deserved to be called out on it.

Sorry some think what I did was out of line. We don't want this forum to turn into eBay with sales to take advantage of the unknowing (not saying this seller is doing that but interesting the grade wasn't mentioned although he had it graded in the forum). While most of us here know better...there could be a lurker or whoever that thinks that the book raw could be a higher grade and buy it....

It would need to be at least 9.0 graded for a 5k price tag...that book was in the grading forum and the average was 7.5 or so....a $1,800 book on a good day.

And, while we can ask what we want for the book...we should also be subjected to scrutiny if the price is in outer space. A premium is one thing...3x guide to me is a problem from anyone and not just a noob.

Sorry.

Edited by Mark 1