• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

What if the seller made an honest mistake and mixed up which buyer was asking the question? The lie was unintentional.

As in, the seller charges different amounts, and uses different shipping methods depending on the buyer or book?

I suppose I would ask why I was charged a larger dollar amount for lesser shipping.

Obviously, the communication that would occur would be the deciding factor as to whether I feel the person was an honest seller, or not.

What if the seller made an honest mistake and mixed up which buyer was asking the question? The lie was unintentional.

As in, the seller charges different amounts, and uses different shipping methods depending on the buyer or book?

I suppose I would ask why I was charged a larger dollar amount for lesser shipping.

Obviously, the communication that would occur would be the deciding factor as to whether I feel the person was an honest seller, or not.

The seller uses different shipping methods depending on number of issues being shipped and raw vs graded.

It appears the amount charged for shipping is less than $1 difference. I don't believe the amount paid was the issue.

The seller uses different shipping methods depending on number of issues being shipped and raw vs graded.

It appears the amount charged for shipping is less than $1 difference. I don't believe the amount paid was the issue.

My opinion would have less to do with a dollar amount, and mostly on how the seller responds to their mistake.

My opinion would have less to do with a dollar amount, and mostly on how the seller responds to their mistake.

That's what it usually comes down to, how they respond. Speaks volumes

Having not followed the whole drama, I am not clear on what the response was when the seller realized they confused the buyer with someone else.

If I got a message (as a buyer) explaining that the seller always add a $1 buffer to make sure shipping is covered, made it clear that the dollar amount they charged is for cardboard sandwich only, and apologized for mixing me up with someone that paid a larger dollar amount for shipping, I would probably be satisfied and buy from them again.

Communication is everything.

I understand what you're saying, give the benefit of the doubt.

If this were a, say, Dale Roberts or Foolkiller sales thread, there would be a stampede of buyers and it would be hard to keep track of everyone's shipping preferences. I could see how a mix-up like that could happen.

I get the impression that's not the case here. Taco said the seller's been repeatedly bumping the sales thread which usually indicates there's not much activity going on.

Plus, the seller using cut up Priority Mail cardboard gives me the impression this is more about cutting corners.

Just my take.

It was an unintentional thing. I wasn't out to mislead or lie. He paid shipping that anyone else has to pay for a raw. I don't charge for the paypal %. I made no promises about how I was going to ship it. It was a communication error on my behalf..but not an intentional lie As for the cardboard slabs, I cut up a few boxes of comics I have gotten and some boxes to ship to use as boards for the comics. What surprised me the most was Taco who is also TommyVoltage, was a friend I thought. If it had bothered him, I wouldn't think he would be going nuts in the chat on me. If it had been damaged I would refund the full amt. I would never set out to mislead anyone. I guess honest mistakes aren't allowed..The majority of time I ship in boxes. This being a single comic I guess I chose a firm mailer..I just wish Tommy had said hey listen, instead of I pay that much for media mail. I thought my rate of 4.00 is very comparable to others. Media has cost me as little as 2.74 I think and as much as 4.78 I think..If the comic was damaged etc I would understand. but there was no malice intended to anyone. Like I said I thought the guy was a friend also, with whom I have bought a lot of comics..But live and learn. I bump a sales thread once every 24hrs also..I thought thats what the time limit was..But if taco says it, then heck it must be true, he also said I only ship 1/100 in boxes..Both are lies..

Edited by KyleG40

It was an unintentional thing. I wasn't out to mislead or lie. He paid shipping that anyone else has to pay for a raw. I don't charge for the paypal %. I made no promises about how I was going to ship it. It was a communication error on my behalf..but not an intentional lie As for the cardboard slabs, I cut up a few boxes of comics I have gotten and some boxes to ship to use as boards for the comics. What surprised me the most was Taco who is also TommyVoltage, was a friend I thought. If it had bothered him, I wouldn't think he would be going nuts in the chat on me. If it had been damaged I would refund the full amt. I would never set out to mislead anyone. I guess honest mistakes aren't allowed..The majority of time I ship in boxes. This being a single comic I guess I chose a firm mailer..I just wish Tommy had said hey listen, instead of I pay that much for media mail. I thought my rate of 4.00 is very comparable to others. Media has cost me as little as 2.74 I think and as much as 4.78 I think..If the comic was damaged etc I would understand. but there was no malice intended to anyone. Like I said I thought the guy was a friend also, with whom I have bought a lot of comics..But live and learn. I bump a sales thread once every 24hrs also..I thought thats what the time limit was..But if taco says it, then heck it must be true, he also said I only ship 1/100 in boxes..Both are lies..

Do yourself a favour, step away from the computer.

After that

Think hey if I was told and it was shipping boxed and with bubble wrap and it arrived like this would you be happy? Likely not.

When askingthe seller saying hey thought it was going to be in a box and they say sometimes it does sometimes it doesn't, you would again not be pleased.

If you meant to ship in a box and didn't say you are sorry and make it up to him somehow else.

If you didn't mean to ship in a box, maybe put in your sales thread - books will ship media mail (tsk) unless you want to pay more. Books will not be shipped in a box unless you want to pay more.

You can stop now Kyle. It would actually be better for you. Everyone that has followed this from the beginning has seen the screenshots, the package, and the messages which clearly shows your runaround of excuses.

(People can also check your previous posts and see that you bump like 3+ times a day, but that's for the mods to take down when you do it and not for me.)

I think the point is being missed here. You keep saying book wasn't damaged so it was ok. Whether the book was damaged or not does not matter, you put the book in danger by shipping it so shoddily. You got lucky that when it arrived it wasn't damaged. Unless the buyer specifies that they want you to skimp on shipping then you should do everything in your power to ship it as well packaged as possible, it's the cost of doing this kind of business.

The book wasn't shipped shoddy..The book was placed between cardboard, in a midtown bag, then put into a mailer..It wasn't getting bent..It was never shipped shoddy..The discussion is he thought it was coming in a box. and it came in a mailer..I mail in both, I must have thought I boxed it. But it was secure and safe..I receive comics between cardboard all the time from sellers here..

The book wasn't shipped shoddy..The book was placed between cardboard, in a midtown bag, then put into a mailer..It wasn't getting bent..It was never shipped shoddy..The discussion is he thought it was coming in a box. and it came in a mailer..I mail in both, I must have thought I boxed it. But it was secure and safe..I receive comics between cardboard all the time from sellers here..

You have said before you don't sell on eBay. So you only sell on here and Blowout Cards. And I was the only one on here for days. It must be hard to keep track of all those sales.

(Priority Mail cardboard in Media Mail envelope. It was pretty shoddy.)

The comic was sandwiched between a piece of priority box cardboard in a mailer. It was neither secure nor safe. I will admit that I use priority box cardboard when I mail out books because I have a ton of boxes lying around my place (yay for ordering a lot) and thus know how flimsy that cardboard is. The only reason I use it is because it is then inserted into a box, filled with packing peanuts or bubble wrap and then sent priority. In a mailer, that sucker can be bent with the most minimal of force (or determined mailman trying to wedge it in)

It makes me laugh..I don't care anymore..If you don't like the shipping, oh well..I apologized it didn't meet your expectations, show me where you paid for priority shipping differently than anyone else? oh wait you can't..And yes actually I do sell on the bay..and sales have been ok..I had quite a few going out at once..I do ok, not great, not horrible.

hurry get a few more in..it was mailed and received in excellent shape so thats what counts in a sale..He got the comic in the condition he wanted..What if's don't matter, because they didn't happen..so hurry jump on the bandwagon..lol..its actually becoming quite funny to myself and a few others over here at the office