• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

If you can't tell, I am focusing in on that one part of the discussion.

I can bet who voted "yes" in that poll... but again, the poll, as asked isn't about anything else. Forget the dollar amount, forget if it actually bothers you, forget all that - if you pay for something and don't get it, you didn't get what you paid for. Simple as that.

-slym

I'm not voting since it's a silly question. Yes, you are focusing in on one part which is the only way to make your question even remotely relevant. For your next great poll will you be asking who is buried in my Grandfather's grave? Perhaps a poll about what time to expect the 4pm train?

lol

Even at $4 the guy wasn't making a killing. Tracking costs $1 so I would think shipping one comic packaged well, envelope with cardboard or a box with peanuts, with tracking, would be very close to $4

I charge $3.50 for 1 to 15 comics and always take a loss.

I charge $4.99 for 1 comic and most likely will be shipped in an envelope. Unless its a $20 book or something, then its a box.

It's not about how much the shipping costs. It was $4.00 shipped in a box with bubble wrap. He even told me after it was halfway to my apartment that he charged that because of the cost of bubble wrap and box he used. But then it showed up with free Priority Mail cardboard he cut to tape the comic to and a reused Midtown Comics envelope.

And I don't understand the risk of paying $2.92 for Media Mail when the buyer is at risk for paying extra if inspected because the seller used Priority Mail cardboard when First Class is $2.93 for the same weight and can't be inspected.

Edited by Taco

I got the comic book that I paid for, but not the service that I paid for. So I won't be a repeat customer with the seller. I don't understand the need to lie about something that clearly wasn't what was going on when it was being delivered to me. I just don't get it. Bad reputation.

Edited by Taco

I got the comic book that I paid for, but not the service that I paid for. So I won't be a repeat customer with the seller. I don't understand the need to lie about something that clearly wasn't what was going on when it was being delivered to me. I just don't get it. Bad reputation.

Which leads me to believe that he wasn't lying intentionally. Doesn't make sense.

Which leads me to believe that he wasn't lying intentionally. Doesn't make sense.

I think maybe he has a reputation I didn't realize. I know he bumps his threads a lot, but when no one was grabbing SSM #29 JSC variant for $25 I had to. Oh well. Comic survived the trip and didn't get inspected. Lesson learned.

If this is who I think it is about, I'm glad you got your book undamaged. I purchased a slab a lonnngg time ago from the seller and it was the last time. Media mail in a MyComicShop CGC slab box only (the kind that houses the slab in a larger box) with one piece of cardboard...no bubble wrap.

Needless to say, the slab was snapped in half.

I thought he had stopped cutting corners...guess not.

So, if you pay more for your comics to be shipped in a box and you receive them in an envelope, did you get what you paid for?

I believe this is what's known as "begging the question".

If I might play the part of logic police, begging the question is, in its simplest form, presenting an argument based upon unproven or circular premises.

If this is who I think it is about, I'm glad you got your book undamaged. I purchased a slab a lonnngg time ago from the seller and it was the last time. Media mail in a MyComicShop CGC slab box only (the kind that houses the slab in a larger box) with one piece of cardboard...no bubble wrap.

:gossip:Seller

Thanks (thumbs u

Yeah, that's him...on the bright side, the situation was resolved quickly and easily and Taco's book arrived safely.

Thanks (thumbs u

Yeah, that's him...on the bright side, the situation was resolved quickly and easily and Taco's book arrived safely.

That is the challenge when someone mails insufficiently packaged collectibles. It's a gamble how the items arrive because the package may or may not hold up to rough handling.

If a seller reassures me they securely box their shipments, and then whatever I bought arrives in an envelope, that's not be truthful. If it arrived safely, it was only because this time around we both lucked out. Shipping comics shouldn't be a gambling game.

Don't know the backstory, so here's an unbiased opinion.

If a seller told me they charged X amount for shipping, because they ship using a box w/bubble wrap. That is exactly what I would expect. It really doesn't matter if it arrived safely, what matters is being lied to by a seller.

If it arrived safely, fantastic. I would then never order from that seller again, and make sure others were aware that the seller lied about how they ship, and why they charge what they charge. Simple as that.

Lots of people selling books out there, move on to an honest one.