• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I feel like complainin' so here goes!

:sumo:

:tonofbricks:

1. If you solicit PMs in a WTB, have the courtesy to respond.

2. If you make an offer via PM and receive a reply, have the courtesy to respond.

3. I don't care if you were certain that you slabbed 7.0 was going to come back 7.5 or 8.0. It's a 7.0 that you're selling.

4. I don't care if you might move your goods to ebay. Just close your thread.

5. [add your own whinge here]

Whew, okay, I feel a bit better. Thanks for obliging a whiner. :boo:

No poll required I quit..I am leaving..I apologized and that wasn't good enough, so you all win..I am not selling anything here anymore..will pull the sales down now..And unlike a lot of those on here, not changing names to sell either..Thanks to those of you who actually enjoyed the buys and got the comics..

I dunno. I've stayed out of this one, but I'll chime in. You probably could have still saved face, and maybe still can.

But overcharging on shipping is just a form of price gouging. I don't mind overpaying a bit on shipping as people have to procure supplies. We all recycle a lot, but at some point you're buying packaging tape or markers or printer paper or something. But otherwise, I'll refund someone even a small amount (except for the $.05 to my recent Canadian buyer...sorry, gotta stick it to the Canucks, keep them in their place!). I do that because I've been shanked on shipping, mostly on eBay, and it's a crappy thing to do.

Anyhow, I don't have much of a stake in this, but stepping back from the issue and not getting caught up in a frenzy of posting against a mass of like-minded boardies might serve you well.

Edited by DavidTheDavid

UPDATED

2. If you make an offer via PM and receive a reply, have the courtesy to respond.

3. I don't care if you were certain that you slabbed 7.0 was going to come back 7.5 or 8.0. It's a 7.0 that you're selling.

5. "It's a 6.0, but it will press to a 7.0 or higher!" ~submitted by beaumonts (thumbs u

Edited by DavidTheDavid

UPDATED

5. "It's a 6.0, but it will press to a 7.0 or higher!" ~submitted by beaumonts (thumbs u

"Last chance before I resub this badboy myself!"

I wish that I weren't enjoying this so much.

6. "Last chance before I resub this badboy myself!" ~submitted by THE_BEYONDER

how about the comic shipped so perfectly that i need a combination and the mission impossible music playing in the background to pry the comic from the amounts of cardboard and industrial shipping tape

Edited by jsilverjanet

I feel like complainin' so here goes!

5. [add your own whinge here]

Whew, okay, I feel a bit better. Thanks for obliging a whiner. :boo:

#1 +1,000,000

#7. if you receive books bought here, send a PM saying so

Edited by paperheart

#7. if you receive books bought here, send a PM saying so

I'm horrible with this. I always intend to fire off a PM after receiving a book but seem to never get around to it.

Incidentally, thanks Sean! :hi:

The Buying Forums Gripe Thread!

6. "Last chance before I resub this badboy myself!" ~submitted by THE_BEYONDER

7. How about the old "looks like a 9.8 its just (insert missing marvel value stamp, popped staple, etc)" ~jaybuck43

8. the comic shipped so perfectly that i need a combination and the mission impossible music playing in the background to pry the comic from the amounts of cardboard and industrial shipping tape ~jsilverjanet

9. if you receive books bought here, send a PM saying so ~paperheart

10. "Less than what I paid for it!" What you paid is irrelevant :gossip:

Edited by DavidTheDavid