• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Still very clear to me.

Me too. You can or cannot go by what this seller tells you depending on when and where he says what he says as he may or may not feel constrained to follow his word depending on which word was written where and at what time.

At that time he will honor all deals, except when he doesn't.

Crystal. :applause:

Just to want to clarify one thing Dan mentioned in his locked thread. My offer would actually net him $40-50 LESS than roulette's $3650 BIN. I believe Dan had erroneously posted that not honoring our deal would cost him money. Not exactly true.

Just to want to clarify one thing Dan mentioned in his locked thread. My offer would actually net him $40-50 LESS than roulette's $3650 BIN. I believe Dan had erroneously posted that not honoring our deal would cost him money. Not exactly true.

You can't see it, but I have my shocked face on.

:o

It seems clear to me a deal was made in PM.

To have this first :takeit: in the thread wins -- would mean that the last statement in PM by the seller should be to remind the purchaser that the deal is not cemented until :takeit: goes into the thread.

I am willing to believe that the seller and buyer had considered the book sold through PM. (shrug)

It probably would have been annoying to have a Daredevil 1 that smelled all vinegary around anyway.

lol

Most cool books have that smell.

To have this first :takeit: in the thread wins -- would mean that the last statement in PM by the seller should be to remind the purchaser that the deal is not cemented until :takeit: goes into the thread.

I am willing to believe that the seller and buyer had considered the book sold through PM. (shrug)

If this rule was so iron-clad, so impenetrable, so incontrovertible, that the seller was powerless, helpless, and neutered against it's omnipotent majesty, then why cut a deal by PM at all?

I mean, it's HIS rule, he can't follow HIS OWN RULE enough to not form a contract to sell via PM?

If this rule was so important and so all powerful then why not say "That's great Mike, but you've got to :takeit: in the thread or there's no deal." Sounds like there are two innocent parties in this whole thing, Roulette and Transplant.

If this rule was so iron-clad, so impenetrable, so incontrovertible, that the seller was powerless, helpless, and neutered against it's omnipotent majesty, then why cut a deal by PM at all?

I mean, it's HIS rule, he can't follow HIS OWN RULE enough to not form a contract to sell via PM?

If this rule was so important and so all powerful then why not say "That's great Mike, but you've got to :takeit: in the thread or there's no deal." Sounds like there are two innocent parties in this whole thing, Roulette and Transplant.

One off the other rules would've been violated as well, the price was firm. Until it wasn't. Our deal was cash for < than the asking price. My guess is roulette could probably get a cash discount even though, :o , it wasn't explicitly called out in the "rules".

Sadly, once this happened Dan was going to someone off no matter what. If he chose transplant as the ^^ this thread would have had the same number of angry board members and arguments...

Yuuuup!

Sad but true. The drama in the thread was threadkrapping IMO.

Sadly, once this happened Dan was going to someone off no matter what. If he chose transplant as the ^^ this thread would have had the same number of angry board members and arguments...

Yuuuup!

Sad but true. The drama in the thread was threadkrapping IMO.

How do you threadkrap in a sales thread where the only book has already been sold?