• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Sadly, once this happened Dan was going to someone off no matter what. If he chose transplant as the ^^ this thread would have had the same number of angry board members and arguments...

Yuuuup!

Sad but true. The drama in the thread was threadkrapping IMO.

How do you threadkrap in a sales thread where the only book has already been sold?

By putting the sale in jeopardy. (thumbs u

The order of events should have been that you, assuming you felt wronged, brought the discussion here. Nobody should have started a debate in a sales thread about the POTENTIAL sale.

The sale was not in jeopardy. I had a deal. I was buying it. Dan chose to exercise a technicality and sell it to someone else. Never in jeopardy.

How's the view from your vertically advantaged equine?

Of course it was placed in jeopardy. It could just as easily have played out where both potential buyers got pissed and walked away. The seller could have felt slighted and walked away from any sale. Debating the validity of the sale before it is completed has the potential to affect the deal.

The view is crystal clear. Perhaps you should join me?

Getting a legal opinion from Jeff on a deal gone awry is like having a witch doctor read your MRI.

lol

Fixed it for you. Threadkrapping is threadkrapping.

It seems clear to me a deal was made in PM.

To have this first :takeit: in the thread wins -- would mean that the last statement in PM by the seller should be to remind the purchaser that the deal is not cemented until :takeit: goes into the thread.

I am willing to believe that the seller and buyer had considered the book sold through PM. (shrug)

If this rule was so iron-clad, so impenetrable, so incontrovertible, that the seller was powerless, helpless, and neutered against it's omnipotent majesty, then why cut a deal by PM at all?

I mean, it's HIS rule, he can't follow HIS OWN RULE enough to not form a contract to sell via PM?

If this rule was so important and so all powerful then why not say "That's great Mike, but you've got to :takeit: in the thread or there's no deal." Sounds like there are two innocent parties in this whole thing, Roulette and Transplant.

Stupid rule is stupid

Why anyone chooses to deal with Dan at this point baffles me. Way too much drama and problems surrounding his sales. There's a pattern emerging here.

Is there? What was the last one?

Why anyone chooses to deal with Dan at this point baffles me. Way too much drama and problems surrounding his sales. There's a pattern emerging here.
This! Dan is always in some drama krap. His last :censored: fit over his crack, and resub showed this.

It seems clear to me a deal was made in PM.

To have this first :takeit: in the thread wins -- would mean that the last statement in PM by the seller should be to remind the purchaser that the deal is not cemented until :takeit: goes into the thread.

I am willing to believe that the seller and buyer had considered the book sold through PM. (shrug)

If this rule was so iron-clad, so impenetrable, so incontrovertible, that the seller was powerless, helpless, and neutered against it's omnipotent majesty, then why cut a deal by PM at all?

I mean, it's HIS rule, he can't follow HIS OWN RULE enough to not form a contract to sell via PM?

If this rule was so important and so all powerful then why not say "That's great Mike, but you've got to :takeit: in the thread or there's no deal." Sounds like there are two innocent parties in this whole thing, Roulette and Transplant.

This!

1. Time Stamp should get the book. That is how it has been for YEARS, and there is no questioning that.

2. Dan and Transplant had a deal, and Transplant was boarding a plane. Dan could have posted the sold via PM, and asked Transplant to post later to prove the sale occurred.

Personally, another member I am not going to deal with. Finds himself in drama over his gambles with resubs, edits rules in his sales threads for his own benefit. Just not the kind of person I want to deal with.

1. Time Stamp should get the book.

end of story.

The fact that the seller left an open negotiation for a few hours without bothering to check the status has me a little perplexed. This was a deal involving thousands of dollars.

1. Time Stamp should get the book. That is how it has been for YEARS, and there is no questioning that.

2. Dan and Transplant had a deal, and Transplant was boarding a plane. Dan could have posted the sold via PM, and asked Transplant to post later to prove the sale occurred.

Personally, another member I am not going to deal with. Finds himself in drama over his gambles with resubs, edits rules in his sales threads for his own benefit. Just not the kind of person I want to deal with.

This, things really have gone to hell in a handbasket lately.

I agree that time stamp should be the determining factor since it seemed like a deal was consummated and Dan was the one that didn't honor that deal and update his thread that the book was sold. It's also very interesting that he received more from choosing the public :takeit: but tried stating otherwise.

I just feel bad for both roulette44 and Transplant for getting caught up in this mess. I don't really know Transplant but Joey is a great guy. :sorry:

I guess all you can do is update those personal seller lists.

I agree that time stamp should be the determining factor since it seemed like a deal was consummated and Dan was the one that didn't honor that deal and update his thread that the book was sold. It's also very interesting that he received more from choosing the public :takeit: but tried stating otherwise.

I just feel bad for both roulette44 and Transplant for getting caught up in this mess. I don't really know Transplant but Joey is a great guy. :sorry:

I guess all you can do is update those personal seller lists.

I find that disturbing as well. I don't know why Dan would have said that, it makes no sense to me. I'd have less of a problem if he said had just said nothing or been truthful about getting more for the sale. I could understand that. I would not do it myself, but I could understand the motivation.

I don't know Joey, but Mike is a great guy.

Great guys don't matter though... Spider-Dan has made his decision, so it's done.

I think it's a lesson to all of us to look carefully at our sales rules because we might not be clear to everyone.

I post mine that way, not to try to cajole someone into paying full price, but because I was involved in one of these debacles years ago...and although I deferred to the other person, but it was an icky situation, so I tried to make things more clear in my own threads.

Maybe we should create a standard template for sellers. Apparently these tools can't be honest on their own.

I've gone this route.

First unconditional :takeit: in PM or Thread wins, unless a deal has already been agreed to by both parties. (Timestamp will decide winner).

It doesn't negate the seller stringing the buyer along, but unless there are time limits on offers (which I don't advocate for), I don't think you can totally eliminate it.