• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Yes. By PM (2x), by telephone (1 VM) and an email to their personal email account.

No responses yet.

Well, then that makes this entirely different than thread crapping.

Over what period of time was your contact with him?

If the dude is ignoring reasonable private discourse after being told he's over grading (and the consensus seems to be that he is) then a community discussion is in order.

ce5vn.jpg

I think a better question is has the seller been notified (privately) about his overgrading?

He knows. I purchased 11 Early SA World's Finest from him about a month ago. I was not happy with the grading but I took the responsibility since I did not ask for scans.

I explained in detail how his grades were off and that he needs to tighten up if he is going to sell here.

I received no reply.

He knows and has continued. An ugly book I can deal with - but not telling the truth on its interior or water damage or pressing or... well, that's just total BS.

... and the ignoring... there's a pattern here....

Roy agrees

MOTION GRANTED!

Hey, I just wanted to make sure someone has talked to him privately about it and that he had a chance to improve his grading before being burned at the stake. Fair is fair. :)

My communications are just over the past few days.... and I can wait.... but let's be honest... he was communicative when he invoiced and the money needed to be sent - and the rules for buyers are within 30 days.... so if a book is totally misrepresented by a seller and the buyer isn't wiling to put up with the behavior/ pattern... what say you?

Edited by Mxwll Smrt

Roy agrees

MOTION GRANTED!

Hey, I just wanted to make sure someone has talked to him privately about it and that he had a chance to improve his grading before being burned at the stake. Fair is fair. :)

Everything sounds better from a town crier.

ce6ad.jpg

... and for the record.... there have been times here that I've made the mistake of purchasing an ugly looking book ....

but I'm not ok with the purchase where there's concealment and misrepresentation of its true state i.e the torn interior pages, the pressing, the interior stains, etc...

My new motto: Go ugly early before the good ugly's gone!!

Edited by Mxwll Smrt

Yes. By PM (2x), by telephone (1 VM) and an email to their personal email account.

No responses yet.

Well, then that makes this entirely different than thread crapping.

Over what period of time was your contact with him?

If the dude is ignoring reasonable private discourse after being told he's over grading (and the consensus seems to be that he is) then a community discussion is in order.

ce5vn.jpg

lol

I sympatize with Mxwll Smrt. :)

He bought 1 book. I bought 11 :o

Sorry, I skipped that. I sympatize with you too… :foryou:

(But you should have asked pictures).

Actually, his case is stronger as he only had the seller's grade to rely upon. The addition of pictures would have been additional information to base a purchase upon, however the seller's claim of grade is the preeminent piece of information that buyers use to make their decision.

A pic is great but the grade of the person who has the book in front of them carries the most weight. If it's way off they've got to stand behind it.

Roy agrees

MOTION GRANTED!

I know and I agree with you...this time...I think...can't admit that lol

See you in Hamilton next weekend?

Where do I check the box for stake burning as an initial remedial measure?

hm

If we aren't going to allow true feedback, rather than just kudos, bringing issues to the General Discussion thread seems appropriate to me.

PMing first sounds good, but has any seller ever adjusted the stated grade of a book after receiving a PM? Maybe, but I can't remember an instance.

How does this whole discussion take place in light of the no threadkrapping sales threads rule? (shrug) This is the same thing, only once removed.

I thought the board consensus was that the market would speak regarding overgrading/overpricing, and that it wasn't fellow board members' places to trash the trash sellers here.

Mind you, this is coming from a long-time advocate of the opposite stance, but majority ruled on the issue long ago and I've kept the peace in the face of some pretty serious garbage sales threads. So, I guess I'm asking, are the gloves off?? :devil:

I thought the rule was, no krapping in the thread, but in the discussion thread it is all fair game. :pullhair: