• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I need some advice here. It has been 3 weeks since I purchased a book from this thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7997957&fpart=1

However I have not received the book or any tracking info. The last response from the seller was on 8/30 thanking me for payment and saying the book would be mailed on 9/2

I sent a message on 9/12 asking the status of the shipment but it has gone unread.

I have talked with another buyer from this thread and he has experienced the same thing.

Suggestions on how to proceed from here would be much appreciated.

I PM'd moloch about a book in that thread last week. Also unread... hope he's OK.

The last message I got he said he was going on a trip for Labor Day and he would mail the book when he got back...

HOLY OVERGRADING BATMAN!!

Guy makes Chip look like a saint!

not a VF in the bunch...and some are graded VF/NM??

:screwy:

Wow!

I was thinking the same thing (when I saw the first listing), but then people were buying them up faster than he could list them and at decent prices, too.

Everything looks nice on a 4" iPhone screen.

Wow!

I was thinking the same thing (when I saw the first listing), but then people were buying them up faster than he could list them and at decent prices, too.

Totally over-graded. I bought the Bat 121 and feel totally duped. I'll post a few pictures that weren't in the listing.

Wow!

Totally over-graded. I bought the Bat 121 and feel totally duped. I'll post a few pictures that weren't in the listing.

Please do.

I saw this in the listing "These were a bit hard to price as the last GPA on almost all was 5, 6 or more years ago. "

What does GPA have to do with raw book sales unless you are providing some kind of guarantee the books will slab at your grade?

Pet Peeve!!

Wow!

Did it look like a 7.0 to you in the pictures that he did post?

Wow!

:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

Bat121.jpg

That pretty much illustrates my point. I hope that Mxwl Smrt is able to get some sort of refund, but no one should have been paying more than 3.0-4.0 raw money for that book.

Yeah, I don't get it either - the seller obviously can't grade, but it's not like he's using tiny thumbnail photos of his books.

Why would anyone look at the scans of that book and think "yeah, this is totally a 7.0"? ???

Wow!

:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

Bat121.jpg

I have trouble seeing because of my diabetes - and let me post a few pictures as well.

Interior page:

IMG_5408_zps7b40dc8c.jpg

Another interior page:

IMG_5407_zpsca491ac8.jpg

Yet another - but look at the interesting pattern - could it be pressed? Hmmm. Stay tuned Bat-fans...

IMG_5404_zps9125956d.jpg

Is it possible....Batman has to face the press and not the media??

IMG_5403_zps47fa87be.jpg

A chip off the old block.... we didn't see this one coming....

IMG_5394_zps2dbf543a.jpg

Feel the love for my pal... he's so strong he can make the top BC curl from his photograph!!

IMG_5399_zpsd5bfb958.jpg

Watch him again....

IMG_5400_zps1679961f.jpg

More..... stay tuned....

Edited by Mxwll Smrt