• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

You got promised a 7.0, seller set the grade. That's not a 7.0.

Another issue I have is that the pages on the interior are ripped and stained and there appears to have been something going on with the FC (see interior cover scan) and the book really looks as if it has been pressed (and I don't have a problem with pressing - just disclose it). To me its a bit of concealment and misrepresentation.

The real issue is that upon receiving it (after it got lost for a day) I contacted the seller immediately and he simply read my pm and chose not to respond. Additionally I've sent him another note and he has yet to read it.

Maybe he should have advertised it as 7.0ish?

(shrug)

" 7.0* "

*determined using the "Gpa is 5-6 years old and not helpful so I am giving the books 2x real grade" multiplier

Maybe he should have advertised it as 7.0ish?

(shrug)

" 7.0* "

*determined using the "Gpa is 5-6 years old and not helpful so I am giving the books 2x real grade multiplier"

lol

How does this whole discussion take place in light of the no threadkrapping sales threads rule? (shrug) This is the same thing, only once removed.

I thought the board consensus was that the market would speak regarding overgrading/overpricing, and that it wasn't fellow board members' places to trash the trash sellers here.

Mind you, this is coming from a long-time advocate of the opposite stance, but majority ruled on the issue long ago and I've kept the peace in the face of some pretty serious garbage sales threads. So, I guess I'm asking, are the gloves off?? :devil:

I know about the no threadkrapping rules; perhaps this does skirt it ever-so-slightly b/c it is removed. (Or it doesn't and there are some strikes coming.)

But as for the TK rule, are buyers allowed to come here and say anything or do they just suck it up and let someone else buy?

How does this whole discussion take place in light of the no threadkrapping sales threads rule? (shrug) This is the same thing, only once removed.

I thought the board consensus was that the market would speak regarding overgrading/overpricing, and that it wasn't fellow board members' places to trash the trash sellers here.

Mind you, this is coming from a long-time advocate of the opposite stance, but majority ruled on the issue long ago and I've kept the peace in the face of some pretty serious garbage sales threads. So, I guess I'm asking, are the gloves off?? :devil:

What's the minimum safe distance to not be threadkrapping?

Outside the thread itself?

One forum area over? Two?

All the way up to CG?

The journal? :eek:

All the way up to CG?

Let's just rescind the rule altogether and get these weak sauce sellers out of here!

I hate this hands-tied BS! Here's me railing about it two years ago...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5898922#Post5898922

All the way up to CG?

Let's just rescind the rule altogether and get these weak sauce sellers out of here!

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5898922#Post5898922

I hate BS like fake grading as much as the next guy but there is a certain order to dealing with things.

The best way is private contact first, in case the seller genuinely doesn't know what he's doing wrong. Who knows, he might just correct it (out of court...you're a lawyer, arn't you? :baiting:) Depend on how that goes, you may or may not want to discuss it with someone else.

If he's a total obnoxious about it, then tar and feather the dude and throw the book at him! lol

Yes. By PM (2x), by telephone (1 VM) and an email to their personal email account.

No responses yet.

Well, then that makes this entirely different than thread crapping.

Over what period of time was your contact with him?

If the dude is ignoring reasonable private discourse after being told he's over grading (and the consensus seems to be that he is) then a community discussion is in order.

All the way up to CG?

I hate BS like fake grading as much as the next guy but there is a certain order to dealing with things.

The best way is private contact first, in case the seller genuinely doesn't know what he's doing wrong. Who knows, he might just correct it (out of court...you're a lawyer, arn't you? :baiting:) Depend on how that goes, you may or may not want to discuss it with someone else.

If he's a total obnoxious about it, then tar and feather the dude and throw the book at him! lol

Yes. By PM (2x), by telephone (1 VM) and an email to their personal email account.

No responses yet.

I think a better question is has the seller been notified (privately) about his overgrading?

He knows. I purchased 11 Early SA World's Finest from him about a month ago. I was not happy with the grading but I took the responsibility since I did not ask for scans.

I explained in detail how his grades were off and that he needs to tighten up if he is going to sell here.

I received no reply.

Roy is right: I usually just point out (especially if the seller admits not being sure of his grading) that he can submit books in the PGM, and some times the seller asked me privately an opinion on his grading.

And I was merciless… lol

But they took note, and adjusted the grades as better as they were able to do so. :)

I think a better question is has the seller been notified (privately) about his overgrading?

He knows. I purchased 11 Early SA World's Finest from him about a month ago. I was not happy with the grading but I took the responsibility since I did not ask for scans.

I explained in detail how his grades were off and that he needs to tighten up if he is going to sell here.

I received no reply.

And THIS is why a community discussion is in order after proper steps have been taken by trying to fix it in private.

I agree, he's blatantly overgrading even after being told so and it deserves being discussed.