• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I agree Claudio about pricing, ultimately that is an easy either/or for buyers. The problem with discussions of grades is that there is room for reasonable differences of opinion, but in principle debates of any kind should not be going on in someone's sales thread. Debates have ways of getting out of hand by the nature of things.

I agree Claudio about pricing, ultimately that is an easy either/or for buyers. The problem with discussions of grades is that there is room for reasonable differences of opinion, but in principle debates of any kind should not be going on in someone's sales thread. Debates have ways of getting out of hand by the nature of things.

+1

There is currently no mechanism to determine whether any threadcrapping is justified. The debate is never with extreme cases but when there are opposing opinions on grade. As it is right now it is all threadcrapping unfortunately.

Perhaps discussing a mechanism to "warn" others within someone sales thread? If there was a "friendly advice" clause added to Arch's approved post? Then when someone copies the approved post they could reference rule #20.

:eek: GLWTS

+1

No matter what, Robert is always right. (thumbs u

Yes. By PM (2x), by telephone (1 VM) and an email to their personal email account.

No responses yet.

Well, then that makes this entirely different than thread crapping.

Over what period of time was your contact with him?

If the dude is ignoring reasonable private discourse after being told he's over grading (and the consensus seems to be that he is) then a community discussion is in order.

ce5vn.jpg

lol

... and for the record.... there have been times here that I've made the mistake of purchasing an ugly looking book ....

but I'm not ok with the purchase where there's concealment and misrepresentation of its true state i.e the torn interior pages, the pressing, the interior stains, etc...

My new motto: Go ugly rely before the good ugly's gone!!

For a motto, I would go with something a bit more clear. 2c

+1

No matter what, Robert is always right. (thumbs u

Hold that thought Claudio, I want my wife to see this....

And where do we draw the line? Personally I think HR is a little off in what he thinks he could get for the set.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8052132&gonew=1#UNREAD

Are we just concerned with grading or misleading information in general? The seller being discussed has nice big pics I believe so stating a grade is simply misleading?

I think pricing is another matter. If he wants to ask an aggressive price it’s his choice (and his risk) – people who buy Walking Dead comics know how they are going, I guess.

On grading it should be accepted to make an observation, and not seen as threadcrapping, IMO. :shrug:

Not so much pricing but claiming what he could sell it for if he pieced it out. Much like the seller who makes false GPA claims. This seller is claiming false grades while providing a picture.

... and for the record.... there have been times here that I've made the mistake of purchasing an ugly looking book ....

but I'm not ok with the purchase where there's concealment and misrepresentation of its true state i.e the torn interior pages, the pressing, the interior stains, etc...

cfnpa.jpg

cfnpa.jpg

It should have read:

Go ugly early before the good ugly's gone.

cfnpa.jpg

It should have read:

I don't understand either of them

cfnpa.jpg

Hahaha! lol

It should have read:

I don't understand either of them

Not sure how to explain this. Imagine having a group of something you don't like, but you have to choose one, so you pick the "best" of the bad lot. Hope that makes sense.

cfnpa.jpg

Hahaha! lol

Funny-animated-gifs-oh-really.gif