• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

And where do we draw the line? Personally I think HR is a little off in what he thinks he could get for the set.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8052132&gonew=1#UNREAD

Are we just concerned with grading or misleading information in general? The seller being discussed has nice big pics I believe so stating a grade is simply misleading?

I think pricing is another matter. If he wants to ask an aggressive price it’s his choice (and his risk) – people who buy Walking Dead comics know how they are going, I guess.

On grading it should be accepted to make an observation, and not seen as threadcrapping, IMO. :shrug:

Someone was quoted awhile back about pricing. Its the price I am willing to sell it or something like that. Or the price that will allow me to let go of it. Something to that extent.

Doesn't matter if its insane or not. :insane:

WOW, I believe over grading has reached an all new level.

are we referring to a book that looks like its been PUNISHE®d on the top edge? Especially the back cover?

link?

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=354215&Number=8023815#Post8023815

:banana:

All that's needed is some good spin in the sales department:

"We don't just do a quick once over with our books, we grade over and over until we get it right. Look no further for overly graded books at premium investment prices" (thumbs u

And where do we draw the line? Personally I think HR is a little off in what he thinks he could get for the set.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8052132&gonew=1#UNREAD

Are we just concerned with grading or misleading information in general? The seller being discussed has nice big pics I believe so stating a grade is simply misleading?

I think pricing is another matter. If he wants to ask an aggressive price it’s his choice (and his risk) – people who buy Walking Dead comics know how they are going, I guess.

On grading it should be accepted to make an observation, and not seen as threadcrapping, IMO. :shrug:

Someone was quoted awhile back about pricing. Its the price I am willing to sell it or something like that. Or the price that will allow me to let go of it. Something to that extent.

Doesn't matter if its insane or not. :insane:

Point completely missed. :facepalm:

just want to clear the air on a recent item I took in a sales thread but then was put back up for sale.

I took a TOD10 in this thread here

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=78&Number=8064017&Searchpage=1&Main=356084&Words=&topic=0&Search=true#Post8064017

but when I was invoiced by the seller, there was something familiar about the email address.

The sellers email matched another board member (sslim66)

When I researched that board member (sslim66), I came across that they were on the PL list (however they are not there anymore)

I contacted the seller and said I could not complete a purchased with a PL member (under the impression sslim66 was still on the PL list).

The seller clarified that he was not sslim66 (that's his brother) and that he wasn't on the PL list.

I did not feel comfortable sending money to paypal account of a different user so I asked to cancel the sale.

The seller confirmed that he would cancel the sale and said he will add his name to the brothers paypal account.

The seller has since sold the book to another member.

good night!

I think you made the right decision not wanting to deal with that. "It's my brother's account" or my "Wife/husbands account" seems to be the default excuse whenever a past PL, HOS or Shill has been discovered. About the only thing missing was the typical, "I dont have a paypal account because it was stolen/hacked/not working." Amazing how many relatives of those former Listers seem to have those type of account problems. The percentage is uncanny.