• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I sympatize with Mxwll Smrt. :)

He bought 1 book. I bought 11 :o

Sorry, I skipped that. I sympatize with you too… :foryou:

(But you should have asked pictures).

Actually, his case is stronger as he only had the seller's grade to rely upon. The addition of pictures would have been additional information to base a purchase upon, however the seller's claim of grade is the preeminent piece of information that buyers use to make their decision.

A pic is great but the grade of the person who has the book in front of them carries the most weight. If it's way off they've got to stand behind it.

I agree, but I believe he should have asked pictures regardless. Now that it is relatively easy to take them, I would not buy without pictures, unless they are dollar books and I know the seller. :)

It happened to me - I sold Caleb (Supernerd) an old PCH book that I had - Mystic 25 "A Fella Needs A Zombie" and another boardie noticed some CT on the upper spine that I didn't even know existed and I immediately contacted Caleb and cancelled the transaction. Caleb immediately said thanks and it was over and done with.

Sh** can happen, and often does, but its the willful concealment and misrepresentation coupled with an unwillingness to act appropriately that gets someone in trouble.

It happened to me - I sold Caleb (Supernerd) an old PCH book that I had - Mystic 25 "A Fella Needs A Zombie" and another boardie noticed some CT on the upper spine that I didn't even know existed and I immediately contacted Caleb and cancelled the transaction. Caleb immediately said thanks and it was over and done with.

Sh** can happen, and often does, but its the willful concealment and misrepresentation coupled with an unwillingness to act appropriately that gets someone in trouble.

That goes for sure. Let’s hope for the best. :wishluck:

HOLY OVERGRADING BATMAN!!

Guy makes Chip look like a saint!

not a VF in the bunch...and some are graded VF/NM??

:screwy:

Wow!

I was thinking the same thing (when I saw the first listing), but then people were buying them up faster than he could list them and at decent prices, too.

Everything looks nice on a 4" iPhone screen.

Totally over-graded. I bought the Bat 121 and feel totally duped. I'll post a few pictures that weren't in the listing.

Please do.

I saw this in the listing "These were a bit hard to price as the last GPA on almost all was 5, 6 or more years ago. "

What does GPA have to do with raw book sales unless you are providing some kind of guarantee the books will slab at your grade?

Pet Peeve!!

I keep my pet peeves in a cage, otherwise they'll piddle on the carpet.

Wow!

I was thinking the same thing (when I saw the first listing), but then people were buying them up faster than he could list them and at decent prices, too.

Totally over-graded. I bought the Bat 121 and feel totally duped. I'll post a few pictures that weren't in the listing.

Please do.

I saw this in the listing "These were a bit hard to price as the last GPA on almost all was 5, 6 or more years ago. "

What does GPA have to do with raw book sales unless you are providing some kind of guarantee the books will slab at your grade?

Pet Peeve!!

lol piddle

Wow!

Please do.

Pet Peeve!!

ce8we.jpg

How does this whole discussion take place in light of the no threadkrapping sales threads rule? (shrug) This is the same thing, only once removed.

I thought the board consensus was that the market would speak regarding overgrading/overpricing, and that it wasn't fellow board members' places to trash the trash sellers here.

Mind you, this is coming from a long-time advocate of the opposite stance, but majority ruled on the issue long ago and I've kept the peace in the face of some pretty serious garbage sales threads. So, I guess I'm asking, are the gloves off?? :devil:

I thought the rule was, no krapping in the thread, but in the discussion thread it is all fair game. :pullhair:

Start a sales thread.

I will trash you in the thread and in here as well. :acclaim:

:whee:

Can warning others about his poor grading in his FS thread be considered threadcrapping? Personally... in a case like this, I do not think so.

However, they have handed out strikes on the grounds of threadcrapping / disruptive in sales threads for lesser offenses in my eyes.

I think if poor grading was the only problem than comments should not be put in the seller's thread, but here the seller has also been called out for a lack of full disclosure about the books, and for ignoring an unhappy customer, and so the issue is not poor grading simply. 2c

Can warning others about his poor grading in his FS thread be considered threadcrapping? Personally... in a case like this, I do not think so.

However, they have handed out strikes on the grounds of threadcrapping / disruptive in sales threads for lesser offenses in my eyes.

Is it threadcrapping to post a friendly link to discussion about their awful grading?

There is currently no mechanism to determine whether any threadcrapping is justified. The debate is never with extreme cases but when there are opposing opinions on grade. As it is right now it is all threadcrapping unfortunately.

Perhaps discussing a mechanism to "warn" others within someone sales thread? If there was a "friendly advice" clause added to Arch's approved post? Then when someone copies the approved post they could reference rule #20.

And where do we draw the line? Personally I think HR is a little off in what he thinks he could get for the set.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8052132&gonew=1#UNREAD

Are we just concerned with grading or misleading information in general? The seller being discussed has nice big pics I believe so stating a grade is simply misleading?

And where do we draw the line? Personally I think HR is a little off in what he thinks he could get for the set.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8052132&gonew=1#UNREAD

Are we just concerned with grading or misleading information in general? The seller being discussed has nice big pics I believe so stating a grade is simply misleading?

I think pricing is another matter. If he wants to ask an aggressive price it’s his choice (and his risk) – people who buy Walking Dead comics know how they are going, I guess.

On grading it should be accepted to make an observation, and not seen as threadcrapping, IMO. :shrug: