• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Or at this point, I'd gently email the seller and ask if everything is OK or when I might be able to expect payment.

It's definitely normal not to hear from a buyer sometimes for days, especially on eBay.

I'd base my reaction on whether it's a longtime member or a noob too. If it's someone that is highly respected, I wouldn't bother them unless a few days went buy as I'd just bank on them following through when they're ready, although I have had even respected board members forget about things. It happens. That's why I'd always go with the nice reminder after a bit of time has passed.

A long time member or someone highly active I would not be second guessing it. Oh well time will tell.

It doesn't take long to respond to a PM.

It might, depending on what the PM says, and how much thinking is required in order to reply to it!

I'm just saying I don't think there's any need to worry after a day and a half.

It is just almost 48hrs since the original email with the paypal address for payment was sent . They had board activity after they read it and none since that day. I guess I have just never not replied to a PM when dealing with a seller.

Have not sold here before and so far not turning out to be a great experience so far.

So I get the rules right and don't do anything wrong. I have to tie up said purchase for 30days if they do not respond to the PM?

I would say that IF it bothers you that much to not have communication for 1.5 days, transactions here might be a rough go. HOWEVER, in the future, consider a term in your sales threads "If payment is not made within X days of invoicing, otherwise I reserve the right to negate the sale." Or something firmer if you prefer.

+1

I like my sales threads to last just a couple of days is all - so I have stipulations stating just that. Generally means you can't nominate someone for the PL list, but I usually come in here, state the boardies name and situation just to put it on record (in case someone does a search) and then I repost the book.

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

This you mock...but you get all butthurt over "private signings".

Motivations my good man. ;)

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

This you mock...but you get all butthurt over "private signings".

:roflmao:

Laugh it up fuzzball.

Is it odd for a buyer to not respond to a PM about a lot they put up a :takeit: for?

I don't mind if they want to wait to see the other books I may put up but to not respond at all for over a day and a half just seems odd to me. (shrug)

:hi: Hey Lyle. I'd say be a little patient. Hopefully he'll get back to you soon. Has the PM been read?

Is it odd for a buyer to not respond to a PM about a lot they put up a :takeit: for?

I don't mind if they want to wait to see the other books I may put up but to not respond at all for over a day and a half just seems odd to me. (shrug)

:hi: Hey Lyle. I'd say be a little patient. Hopefully he'll get back to you soon. Has the PM been read?

First one was read but the second one not yet. I will wait till the weekend is over and go from there.

So since my sells thread seem to be going no where should I just bypass the board all together and sell at other venues? Don't seem to know what the trick is to selling here unless you give stuff away, literally. Rant over. Please feel free two tell me if you think my prices are out of wack.

So since my sells thread seem to be going no where should I just bypass the board all together and sell at other venues? Don't seem to know what the trick is to selling here unless you give stuff away, literally. Rant over. Please feel free two tell me if you think my prices are out of wack.

As someone who routinely sells only a portion of my sales thread I will say that if you want to sell everything you have to sell below price; if you want to sell some, sell at price; if you want to sell a little, sell above price. Also, some books will not sell regardless of price. It's a free market here; if demand meets your supply your books will sell.

I think you take these things too personal. :( Sometimes whether it is a sales thread, PIF or the TGT, it is all about the right person seeing the item at the right time. You had some cool items, no doubt. There is nothing wrong with your prices, but they are about the same or a few dollars more than listings on ebay. Some that sell on the boards try to beat ebay prices when possible since there is no fees here. Hope that helps...

I think you take these things too personal. :( Sometimes whether it is a sales thread, PIF or the TGT, it is all about the right person seeing the item at the right time. You had some cool items, no doubt. There is nothing wrong with your prices, but they are about the same or a few dollars more than listings on ebay. Some that sell on the boards try to beat ebay prices when possible since there is no fees here. Hope that helps...

Definitely not taking it personally and sorry to make it sound that way just trying to figure this whole sells thing out I bought a couple of collection and want to sell off the stuff I don't want from those and a few thing from my collection. I paid more for the books than most people would have so I don't have as much room to sell super cheap, just looking to recoup some of the cost.. Looking more for pointer than anything.

Definitely not taking it personally and sorry to make it sound that way just trying to figure this whole sells thing out I bought a couple of collection and want to sell off the stuff I don't want from those and a few thing from my collection. I paid more for the books than most people would have so I don't have as much room to sell super cheap, just looking to recoup some of the cost.. Looking more for pointer than anything.

Low/mid grade common books will do better on craigslist. Most people on here already have those books in their boxes. (I haven't looked at all your sales threads. I'm referring mostly to lots like the Captain America 25 book lot for $25)

The thread is too confusing. You have multiple items and multiple prices in each post. It is hard to tell what goes with what. That is why I opened it and immediately closed it.

As someone who routinely sells only a portion of my sales thread I will say that if you want to sell everything you have to sell below price; if you want to sell some, sell at price; if you want to sell a little, sell above price. Also, some books will not sell regardless of price. It's a free market here; if demand meets your supply your books will sell.

I would only add to the good advice you are already getting one point: some of it has to do with your own expectations, how much of a hurry are you in to make a sale on a given book?

If you are not selling a key, and If there is no hurry, than price the book as you think somebody who collects the title might consider a good deal if they found it in a discount bin at a Con. Everybody wants a deal, how much of a discount you give them depends on your hurry. 2c