• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

alright...alright...the peer pressure, lol.

Boardie Name: KryptonSlabs (Preston)

Does anyone know him or know how to get in contact with him?

Here's the original sales thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=349126&Number=7902256#Post7902256

Never heard of him. How much money are we talking about? Given that he's new and hasn't posted for a while, I'd be worried too. Starting the Paypal process could get him to respond to you, if nothing else.

If you're worried about your money and no longer trust the guy, start the refund. This is business, it's not personal, so there's nothing to feel bad about. As for the PL, well, you have a while to wait yet.

What do you guys think? The grade described is accurate?

Book looks fine to me. In fact, it looks nicer than many 5.0s I've seen. There isn't a spine roll, the pen writing is somewhat moot and the chips are also minor at best.

Consider yourself lucky (depending on what you paid, which couldn't have been much). Its a nice looking book for the assigned grade.

What do you guys think? The grade described is accurate?

Book looks fine to me. In fact, it looks nicer than many 5.0s I've seen. There isn't a spine roll, the pen writing is somewhat moot and the chips are also minor at best.

Consider yourself lucky (depending on what you paid, which couldn't have been much). Its a nice looking book for the assigned grade.

+1

alright...alright...the peer pressure, lol.

Boardie Name: KryptonSlabs (Preston)

Does anyone know him or know how to get in contact with him?

Here's the original sales thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=349126&Number=7902256#Post7902256

Never heard of him. How much money are we talking about? Given that he's new and hasn't posted for a while, I'd be worried too. Starting the Paypal process could get him to respond to you, if nothing else.

If you're worried about your money and no longer trust the guy, start the refund. This is business, it's not personal, so there's nothing to feel bad about. As for the PL, well, you have a while to wait yet.

I started the paypal process...gut is telling me I'll never hear from the guy again. It's around $1K of money. When paypal sides with me I'll get some back but not all since it's been over 45 days for most of the $. I'll call the bank to see if there's any recourse.

Funny how that works. Normal emails not seen (ignored) but paypal dispute immediately answered. Im sure it was just a coincidence though.... ;). Hope it works out for you. It sucks having to worry about getting your stuff.

If someone say they will take it but forgot to add the number of the book, then someone else comes along with a I'll take it . Who should get the book? I had seen in the past it going to the first person but know that it is being questioned by a third party in the thread I will ask here.

If someone say they will take it but forgot to add the number of the book, then someone else comes along with a I'll take it . Who should get the book? I had seen in the past it going to the first person but know that it is being questioned by a third party in the thread I will ask here.

I think if it's easy to tell the intent of the buyer, the first takeit should rule.

link?

I think if it's easy to tell the intent of the buyer, the first takeit should rule.

link?

Here is the thread

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8161129#Post8161129

I gave it to the first buyer and know a third party is questioning it.

Has the other buyer reached out to you? It's not super clear (two Thors were up) so that makes this situation a bit trickier.

i would make sure that the other buyer is ok with giving it to the first buyer. I think most folks here are reasonable on low priced books but I could be wrong.

If I was the second buyer, I would have no issue with your decision.

I feel like its the first guys fault for not specifying the issue. It wasnt the type of claim that would be obvious because it was a key issue or the only thor for sale.