• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

alright...alright...the peer pressure, lol.

Boardie Name: KryptonSlabs (Preston)

Does anyone know him or know how to get in contact with him?

Here's the original sales thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=349126&Number=7902256#Post7902256

Never heard of him. How much money are we talking about? Given that he's new and hasn't posted for a while, I'd be worried too. Starting the Paypal process could get him to respond to you, if nothing else.

If you're worried about your money and no longer trust the guy, start the refund. This is business, it's not personal, so there's nothing to feel bad about. As for the PL, well, you have a while to wait yet.

I started the paypal process...gut is telling me I'll never hear from the guy again. It's around $1K of money. When paypal sides with me I'll get some back but not all since it's been over 45 days for most of the $. I'll call the bank to see if there's any recourse.

I've purchased from him before. Never had an issue. I'm glad everything got resolved.

So I posted an I'll take it on a book a while ago (9/19). There was an immediate PM from the seller asking me if I wanted anything else and he was going to be posting more books. I responded that I would take a look and see what he had. That was the last correspondence we had.

I'm not posting because I'm bothered about not getting the book. In all honesty it was a bit of an impulse buy and I don't really care one way or the other. It wasn't huge dollars ($20 plus shipping). I guess what I'm asking is if I am supposed to contact the seller about it. If I don't, is there some period of time where I can safely assume the transaction has died? I don't want to go against board etiquette on this and I would certainly pay if I received an invoice.

Thanks

What do you guys think? The grade described is accurate?

Book looks fine to me. In fact, it looks nicer than many 5.0s I've seen. There isn't a spine roll, the pen writing is somewhat moot and the chips are also minor at best.

Consider yourself lucky (depending on what you paid, which couldn't have been much). Its a nice looking book for the assigned grade.

+1. Looks a LOT better than some of the "Fine's" I've bought off the Bay.

What do you guys think? The grade described is accurate?

Book looks fine to me. In fact, it looks nicer than many 5.0s I've seen. There isn't a spine roll, the pen writing is somewhat moot and the chips are also minor at best.

Consider yourself lucky (depending on what you paid, which couldn't have been much). Its a nice looking book for the assigned grade.

+1. Looks a LOT better than some of the "Fine's" I've bought off the Bay.

I wanted to say "Stop your whining b/c you got a nice book" but that may have come across as harsh on the noob :P

So I posted an I'll take it on a book a while ago (9/19). There was an immediate PM from the seller asking me if I wanted anything else and he was going to be posting more books. I responded that I would take a look and see what he had. That was the last correspondence we had.

I'm not posting because I'm bothered about not getting the book. In all honesty it was a bit of an impulse buy and I don't really care one way or the other. It wasn't huge dollars ($20 plus shipping). I guess what I'm asking is if I am supposed to contact the seller about it. If I don't, is there some period of time where I can safely assume the transaction has died? I don't want to go against board etiquette on this and I would certainly pay if I received an invoice.

Thanks

I'd say after 30 days without contact, no one would get mad if you assumed the sale was dead.

:wishluck: hopefully it wasn't me. Pls let me know if it was.

Thanks

I'd say after 30 days without contact, no one would get mad if you assumed the sale was dead.

:wishluck: hopefully it wasn't me. Pls let me know if it was.

Me too. :eek:

Thanks

In the situation you've outlined it's probably more common that the buyer sends an "I'm done shopping now" PM to remind the seller to invoice you...so which party is responsible for the communication breakdown could be debated.

My take on the etiquette is that you should offer to pay him and finalize it...if you want to ask him if he's agreeable to forget about it that's up to you. I think if either party is adamant about their position then the other should be agreeable considering it's difficult to lay all the fault in one person's lap.

(shrug)

well good news is that he responded to the paypal disputes via E-mail. Seller states he was out of town and country thus the no contact for 7 weeks. He is shipping the item this Wednesday. Thanks for everyone's help and hope I can get this grail piece in!

Called it! :acclaim:

Starting the Paypal process could get him to respond to you, if nothing else.

I'm new to the boards and would like some opinions or advice. I listed a book a few days ago and am really surprised that I haven't gotten any offers, comments or PMs. If there is anything wrong with my post or something I should do differently, I'd love to hear it. Again, new here and hoping to start selling several books plus make some connections with other collectors.

Post is here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=79&Number=8159209&Searchpage=1&Main=360314&Words=&topic=0&Search=true#Post8159209

Thanks in advance!

I'm new to the boards and would like some opinions or advice. I listed a book a few days ago and am really surprised that I haven't gotten any offers, comments or PMs. If there is anything wrong with my post or something I should do differently, I'd love to hear it. Again, new here and hoping to start selling several books plus make some connections with other collectors.

Post is here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=79&Number=8159209&Searchpage=1&Main=360314&Words=&topic=0&Search=true#Post8159209

Thanks in advance!

It is usually good to get to know people on the boards and be here a while before trying to sell. Too many people show up and try to sell a book and just disappear. It makes people a little wary of new member sellers. On the flip side, there are people that will try and buy anything from anyone if the price is right so hang in there.

Welcome to the boards, and hopefully you stay around and enjoy them :)

Thanks CAHokie! Yeah, I'm slowly but surely learning my way around. I have heard great things about this board from other collectors at the different Cons. I don't plan on going anywhere after the sale. It's only the beginning for me!

applause-003.gif

Welcome to the boards.

Everything looks ok, price seems reasonable.

Perhaps the thread never caught any eyes of anyone looking for that book when you created it. Bump the thread :bump: If it doesn't sell perhaps drop the price a bit more - makes sense that new guys will generally get a slightly weaker response than established sellers with a positive history here. You'll also find you get a better response when you list lots of books - people like to buy multiple books.

Thanks for the input guys! Getting used to comic grades more and more

I wanted to say "Stop your whining b/c you got a nice book" but that may have come across as harsh on the noob :P

;)

Edited by bonzai