• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I put the :takeit: for a book in a seller's thread after a PM discussion a week ago. I have not received any response from the seller (even though they have read the PM messages) as of yet.

My question is, do I;

Forget about it and move on

OR

Expect the seller the honor the agreement

???

thread for reference

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=359517&Number=8142490#Post8142490

He's probably just waiting to invoice everyone at the same time.

My first time buying from him I was very eager to pay and he told me to wait.

I hear ya man, 1 week is a long time to wait for an invoice. But sometimes things come up Truck, just give him sometime.

How do we get that helmet wearing to stop bumping 6 month old WTB threads? He has been pm'd by several members to stop.

We could be more diligent about closing our WTB threads if we are indeed no longer seeking the book. That way it'll be clear to him when an OP is no longer seeking a response. (shrug)

I find more irritation in the way he's responding (e.g., "If you're interested, please respond"), rather than the fact that he is responding. Also, strange that the only posts he has ever made are responses to WTBs...still, hard to fault a guy for responding to WTBs that aren't closed. It's perfectly plausible that those OPs are still looking for those books, and might even appreciate the response. There are other things going on in the WTB thread that I find infinitely more irritating than a guy who quite possibly is sincerely trying to help someone out.

:foryou:

Oh they could be still looking for it but after a month of checking your thread on the Wtb board and no response your not checking again. If he is looking to help them simply pm as he has been requested rather than bump the still active threads deeper.

Oh they could be still looking for it but after a month of checking your thread on the Wtb board and no response your not checking again. If he is looking to help them simply pm as he has been requested rather than bump the still active threads deeper.

Yeah, I don't disagree...PM'ing would be better at that point...that's a good suggestion for him (thumbs u

Yeah, I don't disagree...PM'ing would be better at that point...that's a good suggestion for him (thumbs u

Oh it has been suggested.

Next time he does it

Hit the notify button

It's a disruption and he's not listening to our requests. It's an offense that warrants a strike

That way when his post is deleted the thread will not stay on the first page

:wishluck:

So within this one quoted thread, we have both sides.

RMA put off by people offering to buy a regularly traded book for > 10% off eBay price...

On a different topic...

I am finding it increasingly difficult to even peruse the WTB threads, much less not say anything, to WTB "offers" that are substantially less than current market prices.

It's to the point where I don't even look at the whole sub-forum anymore.

People...if you need to put out what you want to buy, don't insult people by offering them significantly less than market price. eBay is only 10% at most. Asking for 20% or more off, especially on regularly traded books, is gauche.

Better to not list a price at all.

And someone willing to let hot books go for > 10% off eBay price...

I would sell a hot book here for 85% FMV. Just for the ease of sale and not having to deal with eBay. And the 10% FVF.

Maybe that's why buyers offer at those prices -- people sell them for those prices.

Oh, well, that seems perfectly reasonable. I can clearly see how wrong I was and have adjusted my thinking on this matter entirelHEYWAITAMINUTE!!

I said "20% off or more"! And I said off FMV, not "eBay price."

Last time I checked, 85% of FMV was a greater number than 20% or more off FMV.

I could be wrong...

hm

And it's not the selling at discounted prices that is the problem..it is the presumption that someone will that is.

Bit of a distinction, wouldn't you say...?

Gotta pay attention to the details, manatee....

:whistle:

Hey! When I am typing on the phone, grammar goes out the window. Not all of us can write a dissertation for each post. :baiting::grin:

To prevent others from suffering persecution from the grammar police, I have provided this public service announcement as my community service.

your-you-are-difference.gif

Hey! When I am typing on the phone, grammar goes out the window. Not all of us can write a dissertation for each post. :baiting::grin:

To prevent others from suffering persecution from the grammar police, I have provided this public service announcement as my community service.

your-you-are-difference.gif

RMA™ approves of this post.