• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

May Heritage Auction
3 3

313 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, BCarter27 said:

Is the audio really low or is it just me?

Super low sound from the auction floor, so turn the sound way up and then almost blow your speakers when the "bell" alert rings as that one has the normal volume :pullhair:

Just now, chromium said:

Super low sound from the auction floor, so turn the sound way up and then almost blow your speakers when the "bell" alert rings as that one has the normal volume :pullhair:

Yup.

7 minutes ago, chromium said:

There is a checkbox that controls "Audible Alerts" to the right of the screen just under the video - I haven't heard the bell since I unchecked that box. 

1 minute ago, SquareChaos said:

There is a checkbox that controls "Audible Alerts" to the right of the screen just under the video - I haven't heard the bell since I unchecked that box. 

Good tip!

4 minutes ago, drdroom reborn said:

When he says "my bid" or "on the book" does that refer to Heritage bidding on the lot itself?

No, he's referring to bids previously placed by proxy, non-internet.

5 hours ago, delekkerste said:

OMFG...the Sgt. Fury Annual 4 cover is up to $22K hammer ($26.3K with the juice).  Annuals #2, 3 and 4 are all very memorable back issues for me that I picked up out of the bargain back issue bin as a kid with barely any spending money.  I had been thinking about going after the #4 cover, but, this price is just shocking to me - nice cover, but it's Ayers/Severin, small art, and the main characters are tiny! 

I guess I'll just content myself with owning that tattered copy I pulled out of the bargain bin for 50 cents or whatever it was back then.  This market has just gone insane...the only way to win it seems is to be even more insane than the next guy. :insane:  I'm afraid I'm far too well-adjusted for this market. :p 

I can't imagine this is going to end well in the long-run, but, what do I know...I'm just a Bronze/Copper Age nostalgia collector. :sorry: 

Always thought that Sgt. Fury art was not given anything close to the respect it deserved, compared to the attention showered on other B, C or even D list Marvel titles.  But this level of catch-up caught me by surprise.   Not so long ago I offered a dealer some Fury pieces for consignment and his estimate of prices was so low that it wasn't worth discussing further.  He didn't place any extra value on pieces with special content or composition, or anything.   To him it was all "Sgt. Fury art," which apparently was to say it was all the same and all less than 'real' comic art.

Edited by bluechip

2 minutes ago, zhamlau said:

My first lot just sold, low end of what I hoped but still good.

Which one was it ? The Byrne Iron Man page ?

Edited by chromium

36 minutes ago, SquareChaos said:

Good idea, finally turned it off, was driving me nuts.

3 minutes ago, Hekla said:

Cockrum 2nd run Uncanny X-Men continues to do well

Not to take anything away from what's on the front, but how much of the hammer was for what's on the back?